It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video apparently exposing western propaganda... from Nth Korea??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

It is not a stab at the USA. In video 1 or 2 it says that after WW1 the Brits layed off the propaganda back in the day but with that, the USA continued with it and to this day they do. I'm not saying the USA are the only country, Australia does the same and I'm sure most countries around the world do also.. Even the UK.

It is just a video from a different point of view I guess, with the information most of us already know, but never the less it is actually a very good documentary where ever it came from. Some of the images are disgusting and just seeing them really makes me sick. To think this psychological operation contributed to those acts just tops it off, yet we sit here today and continue to let it happen while more people die.

Where has the common sense gone in this world??

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by chrismarco

It is not a stab at the USA. In video 1 or 2 it says that after WW1 the Brits layed off the propaganda back in the day but with that, the USA continued with it and to this day they do. I'm not saying the USA are the only country, Australia does the same and I'm sure most countries around the world do also.. Even the UK.

It is just a video from a different point of view I guess, with the information most of us already know, but never the less it is actually a very good documentary where ever it came from. Some of the images are disgusting and just seeing them really makes me sick. To think this psychological operation contributed to those acts just tops it off, yet we sit here today and continue to let it happen while more people die.

Where has the common sense gone in this world??

Yeah it's like surfing through any conspiracy forum or alternative media in a video form. I wonder how the NKoreans feel about their old pals Chinese turning into western mass consumers.

The video makes an excellent point about how humans are pack animals, and are conditioned to act in a certain way no matter where or who they are. We in the western mass consumer culture have our bsit, North Korea has their Great, Invincible Leader(s) leading them to abundance and prosperity. It's sad when you realize that you're just a product of your society, and your values aren't really your own.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
All countries do it. Especially countries in power. NK is hardly in a position to be calling out others on their propaganda. Ever see propaganda village in NK? If you visit the DMZ, you are being filmed constantly. If you make one single gesture or wave or anything at all.. they will twist it into a propaganda American hate story. Of course, people on this site do American hate stories every day. It's the "in" thing to do I guess.

A NK citizens life and a U.S. citizens life is so incredibly different, it's like being on a different planet. Some folks simply have no idea how good they have it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
The only thing I can say is that, although we don't know much about North Korea, they are apparently teaching their children to hate us:

www.usatoday.com...

Is that not propaganda on their part, too?

Yes, to a degree it is but because it is about propaganda the subject is out in the open.

The video doesn't seem to me to teach hate toward Americans. It explains that the 99% have been fooled, robbed, and controlled by the elite 1%. Is this not the truth?

I know I would never choose to spend any of my money or my countries's money on a war unless it was to defend the homeland or strongly supported by the people.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I thought the bad taste left in my mouth was from the mushroom soup I was eating while watching these videos; however I now realize the bad taste left in my mouth was from watching these videos in general.

North Korea just came at me wielding two really sharp knives of truth. Slice me to ribbons why dont you.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Sure is fun to watch though.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Man, reading some of the comments in this thread really makes me think there might be some North Korean agents floating around ATS. If you can watch this video and not think its fairly typical propaganda then you really should turn in your keyboard.

The video is funny, that's for sure, and probably about as accurate as most conspiracy videos but it is certainly not, in any way, an unbiased exposé of American propaganda.

If you don't know, by now, that you should always think for yourself then there is simply no hope for you.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I saw this video on disinfo.com a few weeks ago. I couldn't help but think how so true it rang! When you watch the video of people on Oprah getting a new _________ insert merchandise here and freaking out like fat whales gasping for air through the lens of a NK propaganda piece you can see just how TRULY F'D UP THE ENTIRE PLANET IS.

Seriously WTF is happinng?! It's so scary to feel like Neo in "the matrix" when you turn on the tv everyday.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Guessing the OP or his/her stars and flags are not living in north korea. The irony in this whole thread is that most North Koreans don't have internet access. And if they do, it's monitored.

Would you like to see life inside North Korea? for real? Go live there. E-mail me when you come back.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I think the point you are missing about this video is that it allows you to view western culture from a unique angle. It really is fascinating no matter which way you look at it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GardenParty

I think the point you are missing about this video is that it allows you to view western culture from a unique angle. It really is fascinating no matter which way you look at it.

I'm so sure. This is complete garbage. I'm not even sure WHO made it, but it sure as hell wasn't the North Koreans. It's communist crap. If it makes you feel better about communism, and the plight of the North Korean people, then by all means, digest it. I couldn't care less if you'd like to focus on America, and how evil it is. What I know is this:

The North Korean people are starving at the hands of a stark raving mad dynasty of communist lunatics. The South Korean people prosper. There is PROOF (not propaganda) on either side.

This is the biggest waste of time I've seen on ATS yet. Go move to North Korea. See if you can even get in. Tell us all how lovely it is.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

So what?

Every nation had propaganda during WWII, and every nation has propaganda right now.

I bet you're the type of person who thinks Japan was innocent, too. Maybe you should research their own deathmarches and internment camps.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

I'm so sure. This is complete garbage. I'm not even sure WHO made it, but it sure as hell wasn't the North Koreans. It's communist crap. If it makes you feel better about communism, and the plight of the North Korean people, then by all means, digest it. I couldn't care less if you'd like to focus on America, and how evil it is. What I know is this:

The North Korean people are starving at the hands of a stark raving mad dynasty of communist lunatics. The South Korean people prosper. There is PROOF (not propaganda) on either side.

This is the biggest waste of time I've seen on ATS yet. Go move to North Korea. See if you can even get in. Tell us all how lovely it is.

It's got completely valid points. You're decidedly ignorant.

America today would admit to it's WWII propaganda, in fact, there are documentaries on NETFLIX about it.

You're arguing with thin air, and you're losing the arguement.

The idea that crying about America being the greatest country in the world and insulting anyone who actually does research that may indicate it may be otherwise is somehow patriotic. Is the dumbest, most hurtful kind of pseudo-patriotism.
edit on 26-6-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

It's got completely valid points. You're decidedly ignorant.

America today would admit to it's WWII propaganda, in fact, there are documentaries on NETFLIX about it.

You're arguing with thin air, and you're losing the arguement.

The idea that crying about America being the greatest country in the world and insulting anyone who actually does research that may indicate it may be otherwise is somehow patriotic. Is the dumbest, most hurtful kind of pseudo-patriotism.

I'm decidedly ignorant for stating facts?

At least I live in a country where I can state my opinion without being shot by a firing squad?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Very interesting... A propagandistic movie attacking propaganda
it would be extremely interesting to see reversal Western movie analyzing NK internal propaganda (at best we have some documentaries on how the brainwashing is done in NK and how history is twisted to their own purposes but nothing so expertly decostructed) but in any case this is a interesting work, I haven't seen it all yet... but I liked what I saw but also understood what I saw by what it is...

I would like that the Western media explored and discussed the technique used by dictators, like the massive use of portraits (Iraq, Libya etc), War monuments (like those that are popping up on the new Yugoslavian states). My believe is that this is not done because it would also shine some light on similar practices that are used over here with mostly the same purpose...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Everyone knows that NK is a hell hole. But that is irrelevant to the content in this documentary...

If you seriously think the doc didn't raise some good points and facts then you are beyond blind or brainwashed.
edit on 26-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Originally posted by thegagefather

So what?

Every nation had propaganda during WWII, and every nation has propaganda right now.

I know that, why you even write something so stupid.. Have you looked at any of the comments?

I bet you're the type of person who thinks Japan was innocent, too. Maybe you should research their own deathmarches and internment camps.

Maybe you should stop acting like a moron. I don't think Japan was innocent.. But with proof available if requested, I do not agree with a president of the United States allowing the Japanese to kill innocents soldiers at Pearl harbour either because he thought it was the best thing to do at the time..

Maybe you should do a bit of research.. you obviously did not watch the video.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Guessing the OP or his/her stars and flags are not living in north korea. The irony in this whole thread is that most North Koreans don't have internet access. And if they do, it's monitored.

Would you like to see life inside North Korea? for real? Go live there. E-mail me when you come back.

So you think a Nth Korean sat their and made a video on live stream or something? Obviously you, like your mate have not watched the video. I am not a nth korean and when it comes to telling people to go live there, have you ever been inside that country? Your opinion is only based off your media outlets propaganda..

Why don't you go and take a look..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

North Korean propaganda is unique. It has a shock factor like no other.

That's not unique it's ancient.

The "enemy soldier kills babies" has been around since well before the 1st world war, as has the "enemy soldiers kill nuns," "enemy soldiers burned down a hospital full of sick soldiers and raped and killed the nurses," and the well known "enemy soldiers crucified and castrated one of our young soldiers."

All bollocks designed to enrage people and make them sign up and go fight hard in a fit of pique.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Like how people are using north K propaganda to validate the mantra 99% against the 1%. If anything theres a 1% oppressive a 99% the NK gov lives in palaces and their leader consumes western media and goes to western schools.

www.washingtonpost.com... og.html

www.google.com... ead-Heir-Kim-Jong-Uns-Swiss-school-days-revealed.html&ei=MojpT6bpFeXg2AXw7uW9CA&usg=AFQjCNFYy-3tnMJB9QLBMWnsO_9GecEbDA&sig2=tE0VhNzvP_QOCShk-lkBaw

I find it funny that ATS will side with any country or person no matter how crazy or hypocritical they are if they give a good 'ol "America is evil and this is way" video on youtube.

EDIT: As for propaganda itself, yeah countries still use it. However you don't see any wartime propaganda(in the U.S, not sure about western European) by the government nowadays thats usually conductive by the MSM depending on whatever political party the facilitates the news network. Yeah you'll see military recruitment ads and such but whens have you ever seen a "Fight the Tali ban, Enlist today" poster with a racist poster of a Arabic guy getting knocked out by captain America?
edit on 6/26/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join