It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video apparently exposing western propaganda... from Nth Korea??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

"And this hysteria is not because they have found God, but because they are receiving sneakers"

LOL!!!!!

So much of this is hilariously funny... I mean it's pretty damn true, but the women narrating and the way she says some things is so damn classic.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

Yeah I felt the same. I started at vid 6 and seen some of the footage from it and I was gob smacked.. How anyone can treat people like that is beyond belief.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by Gridrebel

Business insider? Really?

Anyway, i whould rather believe what the North Koreans have to say instead of listening to the US rats and US rats' friends.

Not even the North Koreans believe what they say, of course the threat of a bullet to the back of head can sure make a person pretend like they do.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

A tad case of "the pot calling the kettle black" here. NK isn't any better when it comes to their propaganda, but that still doesn't mean it (the videos) aren't true. Thanks for sharing, will pass these along.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

I couldn't agree more. Every country has and will use propaganda at some stage. I think the way it is used still today though is very disappointing. The problem is, people will still buy it either way. The other thing I found was the deceit from the people who call themselves the leaders of our nations. When you see how long this has been going for and the people or lines who have influenced it, you get a very good understanding of why the world today seems to continue down this same path. I can understand why people believe 9/11 was an inside job. The part about the Reischtag is interesting and has similar traits to the events of 2001 but on a much lower scale.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Eye-opening and disturbing on many fronts OP. It sure is interesting to see things from an alternative perspective, if given a choice would being able to see both sides of the coin change society? I value human life more than an animal but, why do the fishing men have to kill the dolphins in such a brute manner? Do they have any idea how intelligent those creatures are?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This isn't really propaganda, so much as it's just an eye-opening documentary with "Dear Leader" displayed at the beginning. I haven't watched the whole thing, but this is more less a condemnation of the current state of the US and corporate culture. It doesn't have much "Imperialist dogs" themes in it.

I think the "real" propaganda in this, is to actually call this North Korean propaganda. Which it actually doesn't seem to be, rather it seems like someone is calling it that to prevent people from taking it seriously. Youtube account is suspect...
edit on 25-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo
Eye-opening and disturbing on many fronts OP. It sure is interesting to see things from an alternative perspective, if given a choice would being able to see both sides of the coin change society? I value human life more than an animal but, why do the fishing men have to kill the dolphins in such a brute manner? Do they have any idea how intelligent those creatures are?

The thing that gets me about Dolphins and some other wildlife is how they are beaching themselves and also dropping out of the sky etc. Have we caused that by polluting the waters and the planet? Or is it simply something that is out of our control? When it comes to humans doing it, it is a big no no to me also. But with that, it is no different to people killing Elephants and Rhinos for the Ivory etc. Dolphins are not the only animals going through it. They are all intelligent in their own ways.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I actually enjoy propaganda, It's interesting. Do I do what they want me to do? Heck no.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by Gridrebel
And North Korea has abstained from propaganda themselves, right? All countries use propaganda.

Death to U.S. imperialists, our sworn enemy!

One can view more wonderful photo's here: www.businessinsider.com...

War propaganda is used by the US too. Do you like these US posters encouraging genocide of the Japanese? They were quite effective dont you think? Dropping nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved lives right?

Thanks OP NK is a place which intriuges me I realy would like to visit one day.

Well to be fair you still are at war with them so it's not surprising they are going to teach hatred of you especially considering the country and it is nice to see someone still willing to call a spade a spade.
There must be more to NK even brainwashed lemmings would have risen up by now, they are either more brainwashed than we can imagine or not as unhappy as we think they are.

As for your first question yes I like those US posters they are accurate and probably didn't go far enough, I'm sure if you asked the people of the Philippines, Singapore, Malaya, Indonesia who suffered the most they would agree.

Second question simple answer yes Jap lives as well as allied lives so mehh they got what was coming to them plain and simple. Anyone who disagrees is confusing the Japanese of today (very polite nice people) to the Japs of that era which is to say a whole different ball game.
edit on 25-6-2012 by WorkingClassMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I suddenly hate western society now

But really..all of what I have seen in the docu is true so far. Consumerism holds society back, imperialism sucks, and we are dumbed down wage/debt slaves.
edit on 25-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
North Korea defining propaganda.. that is rich. Propaganda should be defined as North Korea.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Uhh, I was going to post some stuff about NK here, to not trust in their propaganda...

but... I actually watched the whole avalaible video,,,

it's not about NK. At all. Mention of Our Dear Leader brings a smirk, but thats about it.

It's just punch in the face of western establishment. Everything whats being said there, was said here before. Its just served in condensed, very powerful video.

I liked this one
Any revolution is possible, but social revolution.

17 flags, u gotta be kidding me, this site is dying.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Great post.
Not only must the majority of the world hate us.
They can see how foolish we've been in believing our governments.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
it sounds like Korean version of Alex Jones. But a very interest point of view to hear thou.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
The only thing I can say is that, although we don't know much about North Korea, they are apparently teaching their children to hate us:

www.usatoday.com...

Is that not propaganda on their part, too?

If they were taught to hate Americans because of American propaganda then their children learn to hate Americans due to the American Propaganda. The parents are not at fault because they are only pointing out their enemies to their children to teach them who is responsible for mass murders worldwide under the guise of "Freedom". The children need to learn who to hate.

So guess who is responsible for it now? Take a wild guess? You? Me? Some guy on 5th street? Some communist infiltrator in our government? Hitler? Who do we blame for worldwide hatred of Americans?

Look in a mirror.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
It seems to be a Korean or North Korean documentary which goes into detail about exposing western propaganda from roughly England in WW1 and again in WW2. I am pretty sure it exposes how after WW1 the Brits gave up their propaganda program whilst the USA continued theirs and to this very day.

The British have one propaganda effort going thru the Tavistock Institute since way back. I am absolutely certain it's not the only one.

Interestingly, one well-known, low grade conspiracy forum will auto ban people for even mentioning the word "Tavistock". There is also a military connection to that forum.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I totally agree with you there. We are fortunate that we can sit in our shelters in the rain and bitch about NK on a forum without worry ATM.

Soon though we will be sitting at a computer and bitching about USA when all of a sudden HLS storms the building and takes everyone to a camp without arresting them. They are told they are terrorists and have no constitutional rights and that is the end of it. Maybe they get tagged and behavior modified and get released back into the wild again or more likely they get tagged and tossed into a big playpen with razor wire and lots of other "terrorists".

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius

I actually enjoy propaganda, It's interesting. Do I do what they want me to do? Heck no.

Neither do I, I mean if I did, I wouldn't waste my time putting up videos like these ones or coming to this website

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Good lord I wouldn't say that a great deal of what is showed is US propaganda but simply how badly we lost are way and how we cherish disposable items more so than the person next to us....I think this video would be spot on if it did not mention propagando but simply the glutony of the United States would have been more appropriate...and truth be told North Korea is just as effective with propaganda just like most other countries...so lets not cheer for the North Koreans some of you communists but rather take a look or a small snapshot of just how reliant we are on self gratification...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join