It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aussie illegal immigration problem about to be stopped.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
My information is that the shutters are about to come down on the massive illegal immigration problem that we are having here in australia.

word is that the federal government are about to announce this week that offshore processing is about to be re-introduced. word is that the Cocos Islands are the new processing centre. question is...what do they do with the 16000 already arrived in the last 20 months. do they move them out or will it be for those about to arrive. considering that while they are on australian shores they have access to appeal decisions and at roughly $60,000 for every immigrant that appeals, my hope would be that they all be moved off shore.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Great if it happens but i think the policy is to get as many people here as possible,they have been trying to destroy our national identity for some time,(Nationalism is a dirty word in the NWO ).However I guess we wait and see

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

i dont know if you are from sydney but this has already happened. according to the last census, sydney is now more than 1/3 born overseas. mainly in indian and arab countries. and this is from the census taken last year.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
BellaGirl, always a pleasure to run in to you on here, hoping all is well.

Where did you get the info? Sounds like an inside friend!

One more question, what is that ridiculous looking logo in your profile?

The only thing I know about that team is they regularly get smashed by a city that could take rugby or leave it

edit on 25/6/12 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
BellaGirl, always a pleasure to run in to you on here, hoping all is well.

Where did you get the info? Sounds like an inside friend!

One more question, what is that ridiculous looking logo in your profile?

The only thing I know about that team is they regularly get smashed by a city that could take rugby or leave it

edit on 25/6/12 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

all is well and thanks for asking ole mate. now the niceties are out the way...how dare you diss my mighty south sydney rabbitohs

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Haha I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself!

The only time I've been to an NRL match was when I seen (mighty, mighty) Melbourne beat them by around 40 points..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

ahah that explains a lot...your a mexican

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Nationalish IS a dirty word. Nationalism only leads to hate and a feeling of superiority

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My hope too is they be moved off shore to join all the others that are queue jumpers. Will be waiting on the news s&f

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It still won’t stop them and neither should it.

What the government does not tell you is the amount of refugees that arrive without being picked up and fit right in with the general populace.

Our coastline is too big for us to police; offshore processing is just a show for the government and media to appease the sheeple.

Our country has changed, you need to get used to that. It will be more multi-cultural than ever before & I for one don’t have a problem with that.

I’m an Aussie, proud of our heritage, but the world has changed and all corners of the world need to accept it - without racism or hatred and accept the fact that war & tyranny will displace families and they need to go somewhere and be looked after….. so why not the ‘lucky country’ ??

Also, the amount of refugees that come here is nothing compared to the intake by other nations.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
My hope too is they be moved off shore to join all the others that are queue jumpers. Will be waiting on the news s&f

queue jumpers?
this place is a chunk of rock that sticks out of the sea
a giant pile of silicates where some of mother nature's most incredible creations have found purchase and thrived
it is
not
a
nightclub.

and we are not bouncers!
even if we were, how could we STOP anyone coming here?
the entire population, shoulder to shoulder in an unbroken chain along the shoreline
pikes a'ready to turn back those savages who don't deserve our glorious desert
could hardly stop it
yeah that sounds exactly like where i dreamed society was headed.

the muse guy is about the only one making sense. nationalism is dirty.
and any human calling out others on 'illegal immigration' is dirtier than that, and a hypocrite of the highest order.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

Not sure if you miss understand my post. I'm all for immigration of skilled people willing disclose their past and have something on offer or genuine refugees. . "queue jumpers" as I called them are people that have paid large amounts of cash, who discard their documents or anything identifying them jump on a leaky boat. People that camp out in bush land ( yes I've seen this first hand) sneakily take work off auzzies or legal immigrants because another type of criminal ( some aust business owners) can pay them less hourly ( yes I've seen this first hand & lost work).
Bring on the legals I say it's a huge country with much work. But no sneaking in over the fence. It's an issue many countries have on a larger scale. I don't care how small the problem is. I'll be glad if there's one less illegal .

Do you propose we open the gates to anyone that can paddle a boat? I sure dont
edit on 25-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
That is terrible. What the hell is wrong with Australia?

There is no need to move them off shore.

There is also no need to keep them detained for so long.

Plus, this is the biggest distraction, non- issue nonsense in Australian politics.

Why do we not hear about the 30000 greeks that are in Australia 'illegaly'? why do we not hear of all the people that come hear 'illegally' on planes? Why is it only 'boat people' that the lobotomazed australian public goes on and on about.

It is a very sad thing when the leftist jerk Greens are the only ones speaking any sense on the issue.

edit- I am glad the greeks are here. We should be helping them out. And the 'boat people' too.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Only one true way to stop it,

and that is to stop the very things people are fleeing from.

I know if my country was being bombed all the time i would flee as well.
I know if my children were starving because of drought and governments i would flee as well.
I know if my children were being rounded up to be child soldiers i would flee as well.

I could go on.

Why do we keep them segregated to start with, Well why do we have mandatory police checks for working with in school systems. The answer is simple, To make sure they are who they say they are. If the peeps fleeing destroy all paper work then they should expect long holding times.

In-fact living 5 houses away from a family that had to flee said they waited for 14months in segregation and they also say they would do it again in a blink of an eye even if it took 3 or 5 years.

To those that are fleeing it must feel good the very first night here, being able to sleep with both eyes shut.

In the end we are all human.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'm all for helping these people out, the majority leave their home countries because of war and/or lack of opportunities for decent work/living wages. Here, we've got it good and should be able to share it. Several hundred Sudanese have been plonked into a country town not too far from me, seems a bit odd at first, but they're generally hard working individuals prepared to work jobs most Aussies cringe at. I've heard nothing negative from the locals I've spoken to about them either.

Remember, it was immigrants who helped build this country's infrastructure back in the day. Granted there are some bad apples......but hey, bad apples are everywhere! As long as they're not mooching off Centrelink or causing violent crimes against/amongst locals, they're cool with me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If we are, are we going to move all the British and European illegal immigrants off shore as well? Or is this just a brown people thing? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter.

There are 13 times more illegal immigrants than there are asylum seekers in detention who have arrived by boat.

www.adelaidenow.com.au...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
Why do we keep them segregated to start with

Because some do not fit in with society...

In the end we are all human.

That is true, but many times have i come across immigrants who think they are superior...they tend to hail from the continent of Africa...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stonesplitter
they're generally hard working individuals prepared to work jobs most Aussies cringe at. I've heard nothing negative from the locals I've spoken to about them either.

The Sudanese moving into Qld are anything but...

As long as they're not mooching off Centrelink or causing violent crimes against/amongst locals, they're cool with me.

Have you seen Brisbane lately?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThedeadeyesofCharlieSheen

You would be wrong in my case, i speak only for myself. This issue is not a race issue. it is ensuring people have a genuine reason to enter and are who they say and also for some maybe even for their own benefit.
I have seen illegals get treated as second class citizens in Australia. This is disgrace as well .

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Your 'Illegal immigration problem' is not so much a problem for us as it is for them. These poor people are fleeing certain death, fleeing wars that OUR troops are fighting, these are horribly traumatized people and I find the this whole notion of it being a 'problem' just ridiculously offensive, you sound like a southern cross waving nationalist.

They fight for life and limb to make it to our GIANT country and we put them in jail. I have a friend who teaches these kids, and the damage done as a result of the detention we put them through is far more damaging than the horrible states they have had to endure at home, and you think we should turn them away? It's just disgusting, nothing directed at you personally, but the rationale you put forward makes me bloody sick, and ashamed.

The refugee situation is an issue, not a problem to be stamped out by our xenophobic government.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join