Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Emergency NATO meeting tomorrow, will war be declared on Syria?

page: 4
13
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp1r1tu4l33
reply to post by Wonderer2012
 


basically it's chose your poison in this world right now. hardly matters what they do to syria, korea, japan, iran, turkey, india, pakistan, china, russia, lybia, egypt, israel............................we are all just a stones throw away from one war after another culminating in ww3 and ending with the annihilation of all we know. everyone needs to smoke a big fat doobie and love one another.



sincerely,

spiritual33
could do without the doobie.




posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Syria has Russia Helios on the way and if war should happen may also have Russian Military as a back up and Turkey will have US military backup according to Clinton.

This won't be a war between Syria vs. Turkey anymore, it will be a war between Russia vs. US now.

And after Russia's mock drill on US soil and everything, something says they were already prepared for this day to come. Wasn't too long ago anyway.

Now, this will get interesting

Russia vs US and start of Nuclear War or WWIII

and so it BEGINS....

Like who didn't see this coming?
edit on 25-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)
nuclear war? that would be stupid. it would almost be suicide



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89

Originally posted by Manhater
Syria has Russia Helios on the way and if war should happen may also have Russian Military as a back up and Turkey will have US military backup according to Clinton.

This won't be a war between Syria vs. Turkey anymore, it will be a war between Russia vs. US now.

And after Russia's mock drill on US soil and everything, something says they were already prepared for this day to come. Wasn't too long ago anyway.

Now, this will get interesting

Russia vs US and start of Nuclear War or WWIII

and so it BEGINS....

Like who didn't see this coming?
edit on 25-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)
nuclear war? that would be stupid. it would almost be suicide


Nuclear war would be stupid.

A nuclear war over Syria? That would be really stupid.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan
Correct me if I'm wrong but most of theese US/Nato offensives against arab countries rely heavily on support from surrounding countries. i.e Turkey alowing NATO to use it's air bases to launch strikes etc.

Why don't countries like Syria & Iran just threaten bio warfare on anyone who assists NATO or even further doesn't come to their aid against NATO.
Iran has major chem & bio weapon stocks & I would guess Syria does too, so simply put out an all points.
The moment outside forces attack us we do not hesitate to unleash everything we have in one hit, if we are going down you are coming with us, just a matter of how many of our planes get to make one pass & how far & wide our missiles can strike.
We will leave wind direction to Allah.
Countries like Turkey would have to think twice or a dozen times before calling for an attack cause they will bear the pain while America etc walk away free & clear.

Why has no one used bio weapons to a major degree yet, honestly they have had decades to prepare and how hard is it to get a couple of glass vials into the US, just go to Mexico and walk across the border, head to the nearest populated area and crack that sucker.


Because chemical attacks are local nuisance and biological weapons can spread to your own populace, and either of them would see your country turned into lake of molten glass by the United States?



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Geez bioweapons? And you guys on here are against war? Bioweapons while effective against some would invite nothing but total and complete nuclear annihilation....DUMB DUMB DUMB move.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
"Because chemical attacks are local nuisance"
I would say depending on the amount & chemical used as well as delivery system Chemical attacks can be more than a local nuisance lol.

"and biological weapons can spread to your own populace"
Do you think Assad cares about his own populace?

" and either of them would see your country turned into lake of molten glass by the United States?"
Fairly sure dead men in general don't care what the US or anyone else does while they sit back banging virgins scream Allah Akbar every time the dump a load.

"Geez bioweapons?"
They exist & were created for war were they not?

"And you guys on here are against war?"
I wouldn't presume to speak for everyone but personally yes, that doesn't mean I'm ignorant to it though.

"Bio weapons while effective against some"
Who is immune to bio warfare? There aren't to many people living their lives in a bio suit, or carrying bags of magic pixi dust.


" would invite nothing but total and complete nuclear annihilation"
Really are you sure the US would have the balls? What would the retaliation against the US be from Israel, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan the list goes on, complete nuclear annihilation of Syria is going to effect a lot more that just Syria.
I saw how you guys failed as a society during Katrina I have to say chances are you would undergo complete internal melt down before you could even decide who to retaliate against (if they didn't leave a confession that is), care to guess how many vials of roids get into the US every year cause the figure would be huge if you replaced just 1% of those vials with something very nasty I would say the US would be lucky to get off a shot.


"....DUMB DUMB DUMB move."
Or the smartest move ever made, pawn takes queen, or pawn rapes Queen while her own knights and bishops hold her down. Plus someone needs the balls to step up and call the bluff in the first place.
Same deal with NK why do they need a long range missile all they need is to be able to reach China & Japan & give those 2 the same ultimatum. If America attacks NK, we don't bother with them we come after you so you better keep your friends in check.

Assad knows that if NATO/US attack he is dead no questions about it, I'm sure he has seen what happened to Gaddafi so tell me what he has to loose, might as well go all in and go out with a bang.
edit on 25-6-2012 by WorkingClassMan because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan

Really are you sure the US would have the balls? What would the retaliation against the US be from Israel, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan the list goes on, complete nuclear annihilation of Syria is going to effect a lot more that just Syria.
I saw how you guys failed as a society during Katrina I have to say chances are you would undergo complete internal melt down before you could even decide who to retaliate against (if they didn't leave a confession that is), care to guess how many vials of roids get into the US every year cause the figure would be huge if you replaced just 1% of those vials with something very nasty I would say the US would be lucky to get off a shot.

There is a difference between breakdown of a local government of which Katrina was, and you know a obvious bio-weapons threat that your suggesting that whatever country does. And frankly if there was such an attack, the other countries would probably have to deal with radioactive cloud because the people of the US won't care. Most likely they would probably be too busy dealing with the bioweapon going across the world. There would probably be some gnashing of teeth but if there was an attack the strategic calculus which has been keeping the world at peace from wars with major powers would demand a nuclear attack and US still has its Cold War era style continuation of government and other SHTF plans to keep leadership intact in case of a worst case scenario.

It may not be the US firing the nukes either at first depending on how the thing spreads, it might be Russia or France.



"....DUMB DUMB DUMB move."
Or the smartest move ever made, pawn takes queen, or pawn rapes Queen while her own knights and bishops hold her down. Plus someone needs the balls to step up and call the bluff in the first place.
Same deal with NK why do they need a long range missile all they need is to be able to reach China & Japan & give those 2 the same ultimatum. If America attacks NK, we don't bother with them we come after you so you better keep your friends in check.

North Korea already its major card, its Seoul and its range of their long distance artillery, the rocket game is them just trying to tighten the screws to get more international aid so they support their crazypants government and insane military spending levels.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Does anyone know the time of meeting?

as of right now, i believe Turkey will Cut the Electricity they provide for Syria,

it depends if evidence provides what took down the plane, Russia maned missiles, or other, and by Evidence i mean what tale they weave



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan
1. If those 3 Helicopters can't do much then how come the West is kicking up such a stink about it?


1: Sanctions are being "breached" with the supply, although Russia maintains as they were already sold and just being refurbished, this isn't so.

2: Those 3 helo's can do a lot of damage to poorly armed civilians. They are not of any concern to any NATO power though.


Originally posted by Trajan
2. Russia and China have the missiles and air capability to make the US hurt. Yea, the USA can take on one and have a pretty high success rate but taking on two? That swings the advantage to SCO and their allies.


No, they don't. Russia's air force is capable, but not suicidal. China's is huge but with mainly ancient aircraft. They have yet to deploy their own "4th/5th generation" J-20. Neither of them has any kind of power projection capability and neither is going to risk a full blown war with the West. Syria ain't worth it.

The only reason they are putting the brakes on the UNSC is because they feel it isn't a good thing to have the West knocking down their dominoes at will. Aside from diplomatic noise, they have said there is nothing they can do beyond that. Russia's Foreign minister was quoted saying as much recently.

You thinking that the Russians or Chinese will do anything beyond being difficult displays and extraordinarily naive world view. They are playing politics, nothing more.


Originally posted by Trajan
3. Russia has been looking for a politically viable solution to keep the US ABM from achieving maximum efficieny and looking for ways to counter it. They found it in the Topol-M stealth ICBM which was recently tested and passed all expectations.


This is the same country that routinely watches it's ICBM's (well, SLBM's to be exact as I know you'll probably be pedantic) go pop over the Arctic? The Topol is only deployed in small numbers and they are not aboutt o start throwing nukes around over Syria.

Seems to me like you've got some WW3 fetish and are desperately trying to find a situation in which you can convince yourself this is going to happen.

I am guessing you don't remember Russia's similiar noises about NATO in Kosovo. They ended up being there alongside us in the end.


Originally posted by Trajan
4. China has a missile with a range of 5,000 km. The US is only 4,600km away. That puts the US West Coast in range for Chinese retaliation.


So? WHat has that got to do with the price of fish? China isn't about to let nukes fly and the US/NATO response would be final. You clearly know nothing of geo-politics and just assume the Russians and Chinese are about to go to War.

They are not.


Originally posted by Trajan
So you saying Russia and China can't do anything is wrong. Dangerously wrong.


They can't, except fling nukes, which they won't as it means they die too. What's your point?



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan
Correct me if I'm wrong but most of theese US/Nato offensives against arab countries rely heavily on support from surrounding countries. i.e Turkey alowing NATO to use it's air bases to launch strikes etc.

Why don't countries like Syria & Iran just threaten bio warfare on anyone who assists NATO or even further doesn't come to their aid against NATO.


Turkey is in NATO, so that would just give NATO the excuse to bomb then anyway. It would asp breach so many international laws on such weapons that even Russia and China would be hard pressed not to allow NATO to act, if not get involved themselves. Nobody wants bio/chem weapons being lobbed about willy nilly, set's a bad precedent.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Um....Gee.....I was under the impression that the USA spent all of those trillions of dollars for the military sector for a reason...

A guys gotta have cool toys.....There is a game called superpower. You are El Presidente' and you control every aspect of your chosen country.

Why go stompin in when a simple pat of the back on one of the neighboring countries will suffice? If we don't have to spend the resource, we wont. We will simply let others whom are presented as more passionate and more expendable to do the job for us...and the funny thing is, that country will thank us for the opprotunity without even an idea of how bad they are being played.

Would the world go to war over Syria? No...are you kidding....this country is a mud hole to most...they simply would see it as losing a game of chutes and ladders to all those involved. If they really cared collectively this would not have gone on for so long now would it?

No, instead they are using it as an excuse to further an agenda.....what that is specifically we wont know till its all over, yet a game is definatly in play here folks that much is certain.

Now, while we may not nuke each other over Syria, it could spark war like ideology elsewhere. The shop keeper is not watching, so Im gonna steal these apples; get my drift? Thats what we have to be watching for. It could escalate tensions elsewhere that would lead to a more serious conflict.

This is all akin to pro wrestling...its a show for the masses. The left hand does not want the right hand to know what its up to.


If anyone is stupid enough to use a weapon like Bio/Chem/Nuke at this early stage of things then truly even the superpowers of the world have no locus of control over anyone...and I'd find it hard to believe that they would allow a country to do that outright without some big dogs blessing backing them up. And at this point Russia is not crazy enough to be the big dog...and Syria does not have their full blessing for pulling the fool.

Still, the players are on the field and it's anyones game....top of the 3rd and tied at 2.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
war will not be declared on syria... yet..

turkey just gave a statement.
edit on 26-6-2012 by hesse because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I would post the statement if i knew how to and if it wasnt in my own language

Bottem line is turkey won't do sh!t now but next time something happens
On or near the border they will use a millitary response

So far for the war/fearmongers xD



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HellaKitty
 


That pretty much sums it up. Turkey will no respond with force if Syria does anything to "threaten Turkey's borders"..

www.bbc.co.uk...



Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan says the country's military levels have been raised after Syria shot down a Turkish plane that strayed over its territory.

He told parliament if Syrian troops threatened Turkey's borders, they would be seen as a military threat.

After a special session in Brussels, Nato expressed its condemnation of Syria's attack as well as its strong support for Turkey.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Nobody can stop their freight train toppling Nations.

They are deciding which humans can now live on this planet. Not even God or Allah can stop Satan and his Army with the technology they have.

Syria, Russia, China....they're all going down. The only thing we don't know is in which order.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
This could get interesting...

Syria is not that weak when it comes to military power, plus with the right aid and sponsorship they may be able to even the odds a little.

With a purchasing power of $107,400,000,000, and about 2,500,000,000 bbl/Day of oil, they can "acquire" some pretty cool stuff from their friends to the east.

I would honestly love to see any arab kicking some western ass just to show us that we just CANT do everything and anything we want outside our own borders like we've been doing the last 30 or so years...

Lets see where all these fun and games takes us...

At least something interesting is finally about to happen - or not - its always all show and no go anyways, but I keep my hopes up that this time will be different.


Problem with Syria is they have not matched the military spending of the U.S or Britian so I reckon we won't see much fighting back until one of these 2 puts boots on the ground.

Sadly though what ever happens it will the poor men, woman and children not fighting that will bare the biggest brunt of deaths and casualities.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This has the potential to get out of hand, as there have been reports of British troops in Syria. Also, Russia and China are allied with Syria's Assad.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
As i have been telling everyone since this event happened.NO MILITARY RESPONSE!!!!

I was right....AGAIN.



posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
This has the potential to get out of hand, as there have been reports of British troops in Syria. Also, Russia and China are allied with Syria's Assad.


British troops in Syria have been reported by Debka. That is a source that is a toss of a coin at best.

Russia and China are allied with Assad only on the diplomatic channels. On military frequency Assad has will get no response.



posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koffee

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan


There is a difference between breakdown of a local government of which Katrina was, and you know a obvious bio-weapons threat that your suggesting that whatever country does. And frankly if there was such an attack, the other countries would probably have to deal with radioactive cloud because the people of the US won't care. Most likely they would probably be too busy dealing with the bioweapon going across the world. There would probably be some gnashing of teeth but if there was an attack the strategic calculus which has been keeping the world at peace from wars with major powers would demand a nuclear attack and US still has its Cold War era style continuation of government and other SHTF plans to keep leadership intact in case of a worst case scenario.

It may not be the US firing the nukes either at first depending on how the thing spreads, it might be Russia or France.



"....DUMB DUMB DUMB move."
Or the smartest move ever made, pawn takes queen, or pawn rapes Queen while her own knights and bishops hold her down. Plus someone needs the balls to step up and call the bluff in the first place.
Same deal with NK why do they need a long range missile all they need is to be able to reach China & Japan & give those 2 the same ultimatum. If America attacks NK, we don't bother with them we come after you so you better keep your friends in check.

North Korea already its major card, its Seoul and its range of their long distance artillery, the rocket game is them just trying to tighten the screws to get more international aid so they support their crazypants government and insane military spending levels.


Your missing the point what does a desperate man who is as good as dead have to loose. I know what he thinks he will gain a place in world history and eternity knee deep in virginal pussca. Think about it.

If I was in his place and getting ready to play my last cards as the wolves howl at the door that wild card would be sitting close at hand.
Don't take this as American hate but you are right in what you said "There is a difference between breakdown of a local government of which Katrina was" the difference is Katrina was a localised disaster that could not invoke terror in every citizen. It was however a good demo on how the American people handle themselves when the shtf.
What if their was an unknown viral outbreak in every state that was spreading fast, how do you think the people would react, cause I think the looting raping etc that went on during Katrina would be like the teddy bears picnic in comparison & chances are you would be too busy dealing with that to retaliate against anyone and their leader flying around in AF1 can't do much with a population that is out of control and driven by fear.
Not hating just observing.

"And frankly if there was such an attack, the other countries would probably have to deal with radioactive cloud because the people of the US won't care"
Would an already decimated American people care about the retaliatory strikes on the US made by those countries they just told to lump it, would a population who just experienced Bio warfare wish nuclear fallout on themselves.
If someone told me I'm going Punch this guy in the face but the blow is going to deflect on to you I would say sure just be ready for the kick in the balls I'm going to give you in return.

"North Korea already its major card, its Seoul and its range of their long distance artillery"
Can soul stop a US attack on NK do they have the capability to tell the US to back down, cause China & Japan do so I would hazard a guess NK does not have it's prize yet.

Like I said this is a game of bluff and using your enemy to keep greater enemies at bay.
Am i bluffing, do you have the balls to call my bluff & find out or is it better to just step back for a minute, we all focus on nukes when they are not the be all and end all.
If Assad or Nk did pull such a bluff and stated that every missile/bomb/jihadist/terroist cell & goat had chemical and the most terrible of bio agents attached, do you think all those would suffer the consequences would just sit back and let the US bring that plague down on them knowing they wont be effected by what they caused, or will they band together and ORDER yes I said it the US to stand down.
Paul tells John he is going to kill him, John knows he can't beat Paul so he call Mark & Jim & tells them if he See's Paul coming for him he knee cap them both. Mark & Jim know they can't escape the knee capping what option do they have accept to stand in front of John & tell Paul to back off.





new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join