It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO - SOHO June 24, 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Here is a newly posted image from earlier today of what appears to be some sort of craft, anomaly or image artifact near the Sun. Its info says its from SOHO Lasco C2 June 24 2012.

Curious as to what you all think. I am no expert on SOHO or its images so I have no idea what this is. Hopefully one of you can shed some light on the matter. Thanks.

- Anath3ma

www.youtube.com...

edit on 6/24/2012 by anathema777 because: Trying to add vid correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

*Edit... I went to the SOHO Satellite website and verified the photo in the youtube video as AUTHENTIC. This is a real image that app3ars on Lasco C2 at 5:24

edit on 6/24/2012 by anathema777 because: adding images

edit on 6/24/2012 by anathema777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Triangular space lantern?

Lol

Looks cool anddddd quite large.

What do you think the size of that would be?

Im guessing moon sized if not larger!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'd really like more info on where the one picture was shot.

I really wish there were pictures with some point of reference instead of just a picture of unidentifiable surroundings.

An actual video of the event would have been nice instead of a youtube posting showing a V with the colors being manipulated.

I'm not debunking or anything, just hoping for more evidence than this.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Notice the streaks in before and after shots looks like that but heading in 2 different directions and the camera snapped at the
just right time

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Interesting , could be some of our space debris but it sure looks like the Phoenix UFO.

edit on 24-6-2012 by Reece because: ...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The original image (as opposed to a youtube video) is found here

One can get a list of images taken that day here.

That image in question was at 05:24 UTC.
The "object" in question is NOT seen in the images taken at 05:12 or 05:36. (few minutes before and after)

Conclusion - its two cosmic rays. Just like all the other stupid "UFO's" that appear on youtube about SOHO.

edit on 24-6-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1
[more
Two cosmic rays of the same length meeting together at exectly the same point but coming from different directions reflecting of what exactly???

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Reece

Scale of the planets:

Phoenix UFO:

SOHO UFO:

Using the sun as a frame of reference, what would you determine the sizes of those similar UFOs to be? Honestly, are they the same size?

Then, using the sun as a frame of reference, which planet is closet in size to the new SOHO image? I'd say Uranus. (no pun intended)

So I have serious problems with a planet size UFO that is there one minute and gone the next. I'll look for an explanation other than UFO.
edit on 6/24/12 by Druid42 because: hit post instead of preview....had to finish linking.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
Two cosmic rays of the same length meeting together at exectly the same point but coming from different directions reflecting of what exactly???

Cosmic rays appear on the Lasco images all the time...

and in this case I'm not even convinced that they do meet at a point.
I think the top right point is just a bit longer...

and if you insist they do meet at a point, then you cant even claim they are the same length.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Actually, it seems that the image is a "proper" triangle, viewed at an angle. And, it's not likely Cosmic rays, rather low probability.

Perhaps its one of these.

edit on 24-6-2012 by AnthraAndromda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Doesnt look like anything worth looking at... IMO

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

spot on alfa
just a coincidence they appear to be a triangle
but i think one is a lot further away from the other ie one close one far

edit on 25-6-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

There is a problem with this being a randm event; its not the first one.

Referencing alpha's cosmic ray image, you can see that it is nearly "white noise", just as One should expect. Thus the formation of any shape is remote at best. Events with remote probabilities virtually never occur twice in the same region, yet, this shape has been seen several times near Sol.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Actually, it seems that the image is a "proper" triangle, viewed at an angle. And, it's not likely Cosmic rays, rather low probability.

How in andromda do YOU figure a low probability of it being cosmic rays?

Doesn't a "proper" triangle have 3 sides? You ET 's crack me up.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

The probability is low because of the "shape" that is generated.

The production of a straight line in natue is rare, although, it seems that "narrow" lines (1 - 2px) are indeed produced by cosmic rays, as can be seen in the image I referenced. However the "broader" lines (>= 2 - 3px) are not seen. I've seen others and this seems to be the "rule".

In this and others there are two broad, very straight intersecting lines, which can be rotated to produce the "triangle". In every case I've seen the "triangle" is actually the same shape (roughly equalateral).

Once is Nature telling us how stupid we are.
Twice is an OMG event. Because of the virtual impossibility of the second event.
three; One must consider other factors that ay cause the same effect.
More than that, it is amlost certainly an object. In a case such as this; the probability of there being an object becomes much greater than simply a random event.

Does One really need all sides of a shape to recognize that shape? In this case we have two sides of a triangle. I can rotate that triangle, measure its existing sides and angle, then compute the third.

In short: there is enough information in that small bit of image to deduce that it is a triangle shaped object.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

Perhaps its one of these.

edit on 24-6-2012 by AnthraAndromda because: (no reason given)

Is this post supposed to be taken seriously? You are saying it can't be cosmic rays then in the same post say it may be a super sized space ship that you made up?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

I agree with Vasa Croe. What the heck is that??

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Cosmic rays ..omg ...

Conclusion .... desperation .

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I believe it is a cosmic ray.
But what if it's not? Then the thing could fly without us being alerted because we would take one look at it and say "Ah! Just a cosmic ray." instead of investigating further.
Yes, cosmic ray are responsible for most of these images. But what if some of them are not cosmic rays? In fact some of them are really asteroids.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Yes, sort of.

I'm saying that in my opinion it is probably NOT cosmic rays.

It could be a real, solid object. The image I provided is only a possibility. That ship is a model of a real starship, as close as I can remember, and produce.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join