It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now That I Think Of it, Why Does God Need Jesus If He is Omnipotent?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
First of all, Omnipotence means that he can do absolutely anything.

If he can do absolutely anything, then he didn't need to turn into Jesus and he didn't need Jesus to die on the cross.

He can just save our souls at his whim.

If he needs Jesus, he is not omnipotent.

Now does this invalidate Christianity? I don't think so, but it does need a revision. It only means that the message needs to change.

Of course that'll never happen. It's too ingrained.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Now does this invalidate Christianity? I don't think so, but it does need a revision. It only means that the message needs to change. Of course that'll never happen. It's too ingrained.

Many things are given false, when Father did not speak it directly, it is only assumed by the reader and writer. This will all change upon his return.

For the other items, Father can only answer as to why he set it up this way. Same could be asked for why does he need the angels, why does he need soldiers here to protect, etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Perhaps he/she felt the best way to connect with normal people was to walk among them as a 'normal' person?

Seems logical to me?
edit on 22/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

If he can do absolutely anything, then he didn't need to turn into Jesus and he didn't need Jesus to die on the cross.

Now does this invalidate Christianity? I don't think so, but it does need a revision. It only means that the message needs to change.

I believe the answer is that 'unrighteousness cannot go unpunished'. I don't know the verse or anything as I haven't picked up a Bible in forever. But Jesus was put there so he would be the 'sponge' of everyone's sins, and when he died, everyone's sin being in Jesus, and Jesus being punished, God was able to free man from sin.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Why do we have people with names like Mark, Luke, John writing in the bible when the names did not even exist at the time. The term Christianity originated long after the bible was supposedly written, so what was the name of the religion at first? Again I say Jesus and God are not one and the same. The bible was been highly revised and certain aspects have been removed and added, It's the modern religion of Babylon.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Because God created a perfectly imperfect humanity? He is using his infinite power to fix what he knew was broken from the beginning? Because in the grand scheme of eternity, it doesn't matter to him if he created something flawed?

Maybe God is omnipotent, but is not omnipresent.

I don't know. This is an age old question. Why would God create ANYTHING at all? Isn't any action the result of needs and wants? If God is perfect, why create an entire universe? So the creatures can worship the God? So God his extend his infinite love across creation? Why? Why would God need anything?

Why would god send his only son to redeem a planet that will be destroyed in the future? Why create creatures that will all die when the Universe dies, nay, when the stars run out of gas?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

God created man, so that there may be others like himself. As the angels do not have the same attributes as man does.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

Perhaps he/she felt the best way to connect with normal people was to walk among them as a 'normal' person?

Seems logical to me?
edit on 22/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

That is my logic as well. But it's all pointless given there is not a God but perhaps many and if not many then maybe none

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

If God is perfect, why did he create? Doing anything at all requires a wanting, a need, a necessity.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
reply to post by jhill76

If God is perfect, why did he create? Doing anything at all requires a wanting, a need, a necessity.

How does being perfect, negate a need/want?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Because if you are perfect, there is no room for improvement, there is no reason for anything else. Why can't God be imperfect? Why does a God have to be omniscient, omnipresent, benevolent?

Also, please don't reply to just one question when I make a post that has many, all of which are tied together.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
reply to post by jhill76

Because if you are perfect, there is no room for improvement, there is no reason for anything else. Why can't God be imperfect? Why does a God have to be omniscient, omnipresent, benevolent?

Also, please don't reply to just one question when I make a post that has many, all of which are tied together.

I do not answer questions in which Father will need to answer for himself. I am not about to get reprimanded because of this.

All of the qualities you have listed are drawn conclusions from man, taken from the accounts given in the bible. For him to describe himself, you need to speak to him. Others may come here to claim to give an account of him on these questions, but I cannot. But, I do understand your line of questioning.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
God used Jesus to paint a picture of Love. It was just the way to reveal His plan to conquer death and sin. If he had just said "you are forgiven" without the story, how many less people would comprehend or believe. Draw the story out too long and the cops think you're lying and they search your car.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

God doesn't need anything. Where did you read in the new testament that God was lacking in something?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Actually he does need many things, or he wouldn't create anything.

Period.

You only create because you have a need to create.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by rwfresh

Period.

Well if you believe God is in need of things because he "creates".. Then i can understand why you would have a hard time believing in that God.

p.s. God didn't create the world in the New Testament

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

reply to post by rwfresh

Period.

Well if you believe God is in need of things because he "creates".. Then i can understand why you would have a hard time believing in that God.

The world in the NT and the OT are different? lol

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

A just judge cannot pardon freely people who are guilty. They would immediately not be a just judge, they would be corrupt. Imagine a criminal who was guilty of all kinds of crimes went before a judge and the judge just let them go freely if they asked for it, we'd go ballistic and scream how corrupt that judge was. God is the same, sin requires penalty and justice. Socrates understood God's predicament with forgiving sin on one hand and remaining just on the other:

"It may be that the deity can forgive sins but I cannot see how." - Socrates

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

reply to post by rwfresh

Period.

No but the Gods are. Have you not read them? " lol "

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

reply to post by rwfresh

Period.

No but the Gods are. Have you not read them? " lol "

Yes I have. I'm not christian, but most I know believe they are one in the same, despite their decisive actions. Honestly, I think they are two, but I say they are one because that's canon, I think.
edit on 22-6-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join