It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Months Till Doomsday?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by blocula
I mentioned christs return,prophesized in the bible?

You mentioned it in the OP as though someone gave it a date that didn't happen. People are always free to speculate on a date, but they will be wrong. The bible states that no one will guess when it will happen, and it will come as a shock when it does.

in relation to how so many people all over the world were and are simultaneously thinking about it happening,but still hasn't happened and so will it ever?

You seem to feel that his return is somehow linked to when people are thinking about it, when in reality it states just the opposite, it will happen when its not expected. God will return in Gods time, when all his prophecies are completed, not in mans time. No matter which school of prophetic interpretation that you follow there are still a few prophecies that have yet to be fulfilled. We are close, but we are not quite there yet.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Not the end of the world. This present world will pass and a new one will emerge. Same world different consciousness. But as far as saying dec 2012 is when the world blows up is insane.
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don't believe so. I'm not 100% sure if the Mayans stated it or not, but its a common understanding among various groups of American Indians, that this is the fifth and final world. I know that the Mayans did have writings in the codices talking about the creation of the previous four worlds, so if this is the fifth then its most likely also the last.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The "2012" expectation cannot be completely fulfilled, because the different elements in it are contradicting each other.
E.g. there is this basic clash between "bad outcome" and "good outcome" expectations, and different versions of both.
So if one part of the 2012 expectation is fulfilled, that necessarily falsifies other parts of the expectation.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Well the documentary that i watched explained about the long ago rescued mayan codices and clearly presented them showing that the world will be destroyed this time by water and so maybe the earth itself will live on,but most everything and everyone upon it might be annihilated,which tells me that either the earths axis is going to suddenly tilt and or the earths poles are going to suddenly shift,unleashing massive and unstoppable mega tsunamis over,upon and across vast sections of the world and both of those terrible events have happened before and they will happen again,someday...
edit on 22-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think not holding that image is very important. Or if one sees something, to turn it around, for our consciousness is directing this sail.

We need to start practising Directed Consciousness. Not greed, this isn't about Greed, though it certrainly is about the health to do something, or helping family grow and learn and use their talents so they can help too, so abundance not scaristy isn't a bad thing either. But its other oriented, its the whole mindset of where you are standing, what frequency, and where you are striving, not accepting other things.

I don't accept any nonsense of cycles, but transformations to higher levels that are seemless and joyful are OK.

I see only the equality.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

If no one was thining about something,no one would be aware and no one would know anything about it and many people actually believe that we are literally creating our reality by thinking about it,within some kind of unknown collective subconscious mechanism of humanity and billions of people have simultaneously thought about christ returning and still are now,which has not resulted in his return in any way at all and while there has been no specific date written on paper or etched in stone,theres long been the very real possibility of him returning any moment of any day...

edit on 22-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Doomsday only for those who wish so.
Rebirth for those wise enough to know better.

Ohhhh that's good! Rebirth .. either in this world or the next.

Someday there will be a 'doomsday' for the planet. But everyone will have their own personal 'doomsday' when they die. But like The Sword said .. is it really a doomsday or a day of rebirth into something better?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The 3rd world was destroyed by water.

The First World of the Hopis was corrupted not so much by evil as by "forgetting." The people had been instructed by Sotuknang and Spider Woman to respect their Creator, and to use their vibratory centers to help them follow his plan. But as they began to forget this, they began to quarrel among themselves. Finally, the situation reached a point where Sotuknang and Taiowa decided that the world had to be destroyed.

Sotuknang appeared before those "chosen people" who still remembered the Creator and his plan, and told them that the doors at the tops of their heads would lead them to safety before he destroyed the world. They followed his indication, and took refuge underground with the Ant People as the First World was destroyed by fire, and a Second World was created for their emergence.

The Second World
The Second World was almost as beautiful as the first, with the significant difference that the animals no longer trusted humans and remained separate from them. But here, too, people began to forget the plan of the Creator, until finally this world also had to be destroyed.

Again, those who had "remembered" were saved, and taken care of by the Ant People. Once they were safe, the twins at the poles were instructed to leave their posts so the world would spin off its axis and out of control. As it traveled through space it froze into solid ice, until the twins took up their stations again and restored the Earth to life, creating a Third World.

The Third World
Now in the Third World they multiplied in such numbers and advanced so rapidly that they created big cities, countries, and a whole civilization. This made it difficult for them to conform to the plan of Creation and to sing praises to Taiowa and Sotuknang. More and more of them became wholly occupied with their own earthly plans.

Some of them, of course, retained the wisdom granted them upon their emergence. With this wisdom they understood that the farther they proceeded on the Road of Life and the more they developed, the harder it was. That was why their world was destroyed every so often to give them a fresh start.

Some Hopi accounts of the Third World contain the tantalizing information that "flying shields" had been developed there, capable of attacking faraway cities and coming back so quickly that no one knew where they had gone. When this world and its advanced civilization was finally destroyed by Sotuknang, this time with great floods, the people who still remembered the plan of Creation took refuge inside the hollow stems of the bamboo. Then came their emergence into the Fourth World.

The Fourth World
This time, the people had to search long and hard for a place to establish themselves and start over again. The Hopi tradition tells of endless journeys by boat, paddling uphill all the way. From time to time they would find a place to land, beautiful and bounteous, only to be told by Spider Woman that they must move on: this place was too easy, and soon they would fall into evil ways if they stayed.

Finally, completely exhausted from their fruitless efforts, the people "opened their doors" and let themselves be guided. The water carried them gently to a sandy shore, where they were greeted by Sotuknang and given further instructions. They were to separate into different groups, each heading in different directions, to claim all the land for the Creator. Each group would have to "follow its own star" to a place where the earth met the sea. They would complete such a journey four times in all, to cover all the four directions, before being guided back together again to settle permanently.

Before the newcomers to the Fourth World set out on their migrations, theywere given a tablet [some say tablets] containing symbolic representations of their journey and final resting place, and events that would confirm their adherence to the Creator's plan. The tablet best known today is reportedly held by members of the Fire Clan. This tablet has always had one corner missing that, according to legend, is in possession of a "lost white brother" called Pahana. Pahana's return with the missing corner will signal the beginning of a new brotherhood of mankind.

These words were spoken by Sotuknang at the beginning of the Fourth World: "See," said Sotuknang, "I have washed away even the footprints of your Emergence; the stepping-stones which I left for you. Down on the bottom of the seas lie all the proud cities, the flying patuwvotas [shields], and the worldly treasures corrupted with evil, and those people who found no time to sing the praises to the Creator from the tops of their hills. But the day will come, if you preserve the memory and the meaning of your Emergence, when these stepping-stones will emerge again to prove the truth you speak."

The tablet given to the Fire Clan at the dawn of the Fourth World is still missing its corner....
www.zetatalk.com...

edit on 22-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I really like this part of the Hopi prohpecy

"These words were spoken by Sotuknang at the beginning of the Fourth World: "See," said Sotuknang, "I have washed away even the footprints of your Emergence; the stepping-stones which I left for you. Down on the bottom of the seas lie all the proud cities, the flying patuwvotas [shields], and the worldly treasures corrupted with evil, and those people who found no time to sing the praises to the Creator from the tops of their hills. But the day will come, if you preserve the memory and the meaning of your Emergence, when these stepping-stones will emerge again to prove the truth you speak."

So this is good news for many people who feel quite strongly that man was far more advanced than once believed with findings like gobekli tepe and its 9000 year age and other sites being found under the waters of the earth is only the begining. This also help explain as to how and who built all the ancient megaliths found around the world that puzzle today's engineers. This could also be the origin of the biblical flood and Atlantis stories.

Can you imagine that one day they dig and find a great pyramid that dates beyond 10,000 b.c or the foundations of a city under the ocean or on Antartica? Would be pretty cool.

"these stepping-stones will emerge again to prove the truth you speak."

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

the earths axis is going to suddenly tilt and or the earths poles are going to suddenly shift,unleashing massive and unstoppable mega tsunamis

I've heard this before but don't really get the connection. If the Earth actually did flip, why the tsunamis? Anyone?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by The Sword
Doomsday only for those who wish so.
Rebirth for those wise enough to know better.

Ohhhh that's good! Rebirth .. either in this world or the next.

Someday there will be a 'doomsday' for the planet. But everyone will have their own personal 'doomsday' when they die. But like The Sword said .. is it really a doomsday or a day of rebirth into something better?

The world ends everytime someone dies and theres around 150,000 people dying every day...
edit on 23-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by blocula

the earths axis is going to suddenly tilt and or the earths poles are going to suddenly shift,unleashing massive and unstoppable mega tsunamis

I've heard this before but don't really get the connection. If the Earth actually did flip, why the tsunamis? Anyone?

Its been theorized that the earths normal position was upright,not tilted on its axis like it is now,but the almost incomprehensibly vast amounts of ice and snow that accumulated upon and around the northern polar regions during the apogee of the last ice age,actually caused the earth to fall over on itself and tilt into its currently held position,but now that the previous amounts of polar ice and snow has greatly receeded and is rapidly melting away even more still,the earth may be about to tilt back into its previous normal position and that type of sudden cataclysmic movement of the earth,would without a doubt unleash massive mega tsunamis all over the world simultaneously and perhaps multiple mega earthquakes and super volcanic eruptions as well,in other words,doomsday...

A pole shift is a different type of event,because the earths cooled down rocky surface,that we call the continents and the ground beneath the surface water as well,are floating upon massively huge oceans of magma and the molten magnetic interior of the earth would spin around seperately from the outer surface layer,as the earth magnetically realigned itself and that has happened many times before throughout earths extremely long existence and our human lifetimes are so relatively short in comparison,we just dont know for sure how long a magnetic pole reversal takes to happen,or what types of catastrophic devastations may or may not accompany them when they do occur...

Pole Shift Hypothesis > en.wikipedia.org...

Geomagnetic Reversal > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Although we have numerous reports globally about strange sounds in the sky,
And the weather has been freaky all over the world,, in reference to the 10 years prior
Earthquakes have seemingly been greater in parts of the world,
Volcanoes seemingly are erupting more frequently and ones that were dormant for a very
long time are waking up.
The planet is warming up and glaciers are melting at record speeds(in reference to the last
600 thousand years)
Heat waves, and forest fires seems to be more frequent
Mass fish kills are in the news more..
Nasa has issued warnings about this solar max to potentially knock out power to parts of
the world from days to months.
THe Mayans, The pyramids, the I Ching all reference 2012 as something of significance
Of course these are very old texts...

Umm there really isnt anything pointing to a doomsday,..

edit on 23-6-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Can you imagine that one day they dig and find a great pyramid that dates beyond 10,000 b.c or the foundations of a city under the ocean or on Antartica? Would be pretty cool.

Would "they" even tell "us" if those types of things were discovered? and most likely similar things already have been found several times and suppressed out of the mainstream limelight...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is going to be a huge let down for those people prepping and waiting for this day. This will be heavily anticipated especially on this site. On the 20th the day before "doomsday" everyone will be watching the news trying to find a sign or something that the end is near. 21st will come and it will be a nice quite day and nothing interesting will happen but everyone will be expecting it. The day will pass and on the 22nd everyone will be laughing about this.

Book it.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KryptKeeper

I hope your right,but then again,everything changes and nothing lasts forever...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by blocula

We're tilted aren't we? I forget how they explain it. Meteor, or collision with something? Magnetic pole shift could attract incoming objects, as we reach low magnetism.

commonsenseconspiracy.com...

Here is something about brooms that have been standing on end.

Now, this is where there is more to the physics than what we're being told. Ie. If we're in an Electric Universe, and their study on comets, and those objects near the sun certainly indicates it is SO, then what is gravity? What is magnetism?

Earth has an iron core, and is "wired" like a tesla coil, and she spins. Overunity.

When a top stops spinning what happens?

Someone searching Electric Universe and tilt of planet might yield more answers.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

They are wrong in the EU theory about infnite channels however. And what they aren't realizing is, in an ecclectic thoughtscape, its not either/or with theories, its a combination of physics.

Is there anything behind the term "Tilting At Windmills"
edit on 23-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I often wonder about the fact that so many people all over the world are simultaneously thinking about and worrying about the arrival of december 21st 2012 and if so many people doing so,will cause some unknown collective subconscious psychic connection within humanity to be set into motion, resulting in something terrible actually happening?]
Blame your charlatans bloc for this mass hysteria ...

Tell me bloc will you still follow come 2013?
will you still be the sheep following the charlatan shepherd....

I don't buy into it all as i am awake..

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Econogeddon

The destruction of the middle class
has been methodical and systematic. The top 10% of earners had a median net worth of $1.19 million, or 192 times as much as the median wealth of $6,200 of those in the bottom 20% in 2010.
In 2007, the top 10% had 138 times as much wealth as the bottom 20%.
In 2001, it was 106 times as much. With the continued rise in the stock market, declining real wages for the middle class, and further home price declines, the gap between the top 10% and the bottom 20% has continued to widen...

the top 10% of Execs/banksters/financial elites in the year 2001 collected 'compensation' more than 106 times the take-home pay of the bottom 20% of all workers

the top 10% of this same demographic in the year 2007 took home in 'compensation' more than 138 times the wages of the same low end 20%

the top 10% of these 'leaders' in the year 2010 took in 192 times the total wages paid to that same bottom 20% of wage earners

when will the rug be pulled out from the system? DEC 21st? we have already seen that ammassed wealth to the tune of 106X...138X...192X...Was-just-not-enough...

here in 2012 the wealth gap is more than 200X, i guess that the breaking point is much nearer As the wealthy elites of Wall Street approach the point of raking in some +300X the money than the bottom 20% are paid & taxed on...which will insulate the elites from a 5-8 year deflationary period followed by a short intense 1 year hyper-inflationary depression era...

'they' (with Paulson as the mouthpiece) began this current stealth depression/upheaval on their terms at the time they wanted to collapse the credit/debt system....

and i suspect that the final plug will be pulled when the elites decide amongst themselves (at either the Pilgrims Society or at the more known Bilderberger gatherings) that they have enough resources to ride out the total global economic collapse, wilst hundreds of millions of the lower economic earners scavange for foods/medicines etc in tent cities, hovels, DP camps

the thought began from this article: www.theburningplatform.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

When a top stops spinning what happens?

It will fall over due to the gravity exerted upon it by the Earth. You can't compare that top to the Earth itself, completely different situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join