It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Months Till Doomsday?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
June 21st 2012 has come and gone and so now we have only six months until the inevitable and unstoppable arrival of the highly anticipated date of december 21st 2012 and here and now it seems like it was only a little while ago that i was thinking and talking about how that ominous and forboding date seemed so far,so many years away...

Like no other known prophecy before during the entire history of the human race,except for the suspiciously long overdue return of christ,have so many people,perhaps billions,been simultaneously thinking about something so life changing and world altering about to happen...

I often wonder about the fact that so many people all over the world are simultaneously thinking about and worrying about the arrival of december 21st 2012 and if so many people doing so,will cause some unknown collective subconscious psychic connection within humanity to be set into motion, resulting in something terrible actually happening?

If christs return is any kind of accurate comparison,december 21st 2012 will come and go and will pass without us having anything to be overly concerned about,except for maybe some psychotic group of people using that date for enacting some more rage against western civilization...

Terrence Mckennas Time Wave Zero > www.december212012.com...

Mayan End Age 12-21-2012 > www.adishakti.org...

Web Bot Project Makes Prophecy Of 2012 Apocalypse > www.telegraph.co.uk...

2012 Hopi Blue Star Prophecy > www.december-21-2012.com...

2012 Phenomenon > en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
No where in any ancient literature or records from the Maya or anyone else claim that 2012 is a dooms day. Its an end of a cycle. No more no less.

Consciousness does evolve. They were clocking that. Interesting.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by blocula
Like no other known prophecy before during the entire history of the human race,except for the suspiciously long overdue return of christ,have so many people,perhaps billions,been simultaneously thinking about something so life changing and world altering about to happen...

The year 2000.

If christs return is any kind of accurate comparison,december 21st 2012 will pass without us having anything to worry about
Last time I checked Christ never gave a date of his return:

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Yep, still in there...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
No where in any ancient literature or records from the Maya or anyone else claim that 2012 is a dooms day. Its an end of a cycle. No more no less.

Not true, there are prophecies that go along with that calendar in the various Codices that do state that the present world will end.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 6/22/2012 by defcon5 because: broke tags

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I mentioned christs return,prophesized in the bible? in relation to how so many people all over the world were and are simultaneously thinking about it happening,but still hasn't happened and so will it ever? just like so many people the world over are simultaneously thinking about december 21st 2012 arriving,but will anything happen when it does six months from now?

I recently watched a well made documentary concerning the mayans prophecy for the end of their cycle,end of their calendar,end of the world,or whatever it really means and the people involved in the documentary presented the actual rescued from destruction and preserved codices from the mayans and they explained as those codices clearly showed,how the present world will be destroyed by water,perhaps from a sudden and world wide deluge caused by earths axis tilting,again,or earths poles shifting,again?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Doomsday only for those who wish so.

Rebirth for those wise enough to know better.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well I hope not blocula.

That is 4 days before my birthday.

I have always thought that the only way something is going to happen, it will be from someone not "right in the head" and make a self fulfilling prophecy.

Like a nuclear engagement or something of that sort. All it takes is one lone nut to change the world.

But really, since it is on a friday I will be at work probably 100 miles from home. If something happens there will probably be gridlock on the highways and interstates. It will be a long journey home to the family.

But I do not think anything will happen and I can't wait for it to be over with.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
As the days drag into weeks and into months, expect to hear more doomsday proclamations, more end-of-times prophesies, more earthquake predictions, etc.

Shucks, some crazy Filipino woman predicted a 9.0 magnitude earthquake was going to rip NY and NJ in half on Thursday, June 21, 2012. That's right. Yesterday. She had made the prediction a while back but guess what? NY and NJ are still there. They are still intact.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over Dec 21, 2012. If you do get some sleep on that day, imagine being reborn into a more spiritual being. It should work wonders for everyone.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I already plan on not going to work on friday december 21st 2012 and maybe i'll even take a week off,a few days before and a few days after that date and unfortunately,if something terrible does happen,where i am living here in new england,will be locked within a brutally cold winter,which will make dealing with whatever calamity may happen a hundred times worse than if it happened during the summertime and just imagine,last christmas may have been our very last and what will santa,mrs claus,their elves and rudolph do now?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

December 21st 2012 is really close,its almost here and theres no stopping it,oh well,nothing lasts forever and whatever may happen,i say bring it on,because theres really nothing we can do about it anyways,so why live in fear?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

That is if "global warming" allows us to have a winter

I do plan on having enough food to last us through the winter, even if it is canned chili, spam and ramen noodles. I might even get a few packs of that dry icecream that Nasa sells for the kids

As far as taking the day off, nah I need the money just in case there will be a next paycheck the following friday. I do no think that the landlord would be happy with a no rent explanation such as, I didn't work because I thought the world was going to end

I do imagine that alot of people will be taking the day off and I just might get lucky and have the day off if I am working 10 hour days or I get laid off for a few weeks.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I have vacation time saved up and i'll use some of that and get paid for it,just in case the atm i use isnt floating out in,or sunk down into the atlantic ocean somewhere on december 22nd,2012 (*-*)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Are any of you able to see this from a positive light at all?

It's a shot at enlightenment!

Enlighten yourself! Rise above the sheep that believe in a literal end to the world!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Counting down to Cognitive Dissonance.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I have heard and read about december 21st 2012 as being the time for the arrival of some kind of transformation for humanity,like an ascension away from our materialistic enslavement,into a more spiritual awakening,or something like that anyways,perhaps even shifting our reality into the fourth dimension? or it could actually be all hell let loose? it could be the apocalypse? or armageddon? or the rapture? or christs return? or an alien invasion? a comet strike? an asteroid impact? total financial collapse? pole shift? axis tilt? global nuclear war? nothing at all? so may questions,way too many possibilities,so few answers...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I would find it funny as hell,in a terrible kind of way,if december 21st 2012 comes and goes,nothing bad happens and humanity breathes a collective sigh of relief and then WHAM! it hits the fan on the 22nd,because the mayans were off by one day...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Doomsday only for those who wish so.

Rebirth for those wise enough to know better.

Yes! Renevatio MMXII

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

reply to post by The Sword

I have heard and read about december 21st 2012 as being the time for the arrival of some kind of transformation for humanity,like an ascension away from our materialistic enslavement,into a more spiritual awakening,or something like that anyways,perhaps even shifting our reality into the fourth dimension? or it could actually be all hell let loose? it could be the apocalypse? or armageddon? or the rapture? or christs return? or an alien invasion? a comet strike? an asteroid impact? total financial collapse? pole shift? axis tilt? global nuclear war? nothing at all? so may questions,way too many possibilities,so few answers...

...or just four more shopping days till Christmas

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Not true, there are prophecies that go along with that calendar in the various Codices that do state that the present world will end.

edit on 6/22/2012 by defcon5 because: broke tags

Not the end of the world. This present world will pass and a new one will emerge. Same world different consciousness. But as far as saying dec 2012 is when the world blows up is insane.

We will be here in 2013.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I would find it funny as hell,in a terrible kind of way,if december 21st 2012 comes and goes,nothing bad happens and humanity breathes a collective sigh of relief and then WHAM! it hits the fan on the 22nd,because the mayans were off by one day...

I will personally log onto ATS and say that the doom and gloomers were right.
edit on 22-6-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join