It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Really happen during the first stages of a "Zombie" Apocalypse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well in the first 24 hours 90% of the "sheep" would get culled. Then it would get interesting. My guess

edit on 6/21/2012 by justseth because: sp

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I heard on the news earlier today that...

it was so hot in Miami today...

The crazed zombie face eaters...

Were only eating Ice-cream men faces...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I would say there would be a lot of head shot double dead zombies littered all over the place. the are sort of dumb and slow and easy to identify - I watched TV last night.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
I would say there would be a lot of head shot double dead zombies littered all over the place. the are sort of dumb and slow and easy to identify - I watched TV last night.

lol Patriot, too funny man @ "watched TV last night".

But a lot of humans are so adorable sometimes. They don't know what its like to actually do that. I'll not get into the details, gotta remember I'm on peaceful Earth. Or like accidently winging someone you really respect.

I love this planet, yer so enlightened and peaceful here.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I would be the first to level 50.....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot

What was that movie where the zombies were super fast and strong....

I was like "that is so wrong in so many ways"....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Coming to a major metropolitan center near you

Emergency alert buzzer sounds

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programing to report domestic terrorists are rioting on Broadway heading North and East, authorities urge you to stay indoors and lock your windows and doors while DHS special teams respond to the riots, stay tuned to this channel for updates.

Programing continues........... and the winner of dancing with that stars is!!!!

Emergency alert buzzes again!!!

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programing to report that the violence is spreading between 1st and 25th street. Local hospitals report a increase of trauma patients in the Emergency rooms. The hospitals are calling in all off duty doctors and emergency personal. City hall is enacting there emergency response teams. A spokesman from DHS has reported the initial disturbance on Broadway is contained but report of sporadic violence is coming in from other parts of the city. The governor has been apprised of the situation and is expected to comment within the hour.

Programing continues.........and the winner of American Idol is!!!

Emergency alert buzzes in again!!!

The governor is making a address live: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, tonight we have a situation developing in city x. Groups of domestic terrorists are attacking citizens in at least 6 different areas of the city. By executive authority I'm declaring a state of emergency and a curfew effective immediately. Emergency shelters are being set up at local theater and sport stadiums, important if you are currently in the city goto one of these shelters immediately, if your at home lock your windows and doors. DHS has reported to us that they are containing these groups of terrorist and they have assured us things will be back to normal by morning. I have ordered the national guard to the city to assist DHS in there mopping up operation. Please remain calm and off of the streets so the DHS can do there jobs. The mayor of the city is standing by for a local broadcast, thank you and god bless. (the camera feed changes to city hall)

The mayor approaches the podium as a disturbance off camera knocks the camera over as the room fills with blood soaked zombies as a mayors aid screams and runs out of the camera view....

A return to regular programing.

edit on 21-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If it were me, I would probably rationalize that it wasn't zombies until they were breaking down my door ripping me and my family to pieces. Zombies just don't make logical sense. When the body dies, it begins to decompose. Immediately! How can something as delicate as nervous tissue, provide any means of movement if a virus/bacteria/voodoo/curse were to reanimate them. How ever for the sake of argument let's say it makes sense, I mean this bath salt crap seems to produce raving rabid mad men.

Let's use the classic " Disease zombie."

In the beginning I would expect to start as it seems to appear. An outbreak of a rash, followed by fever, vomiting, depression, malaise, fatigue and dehydration. In the late stages they deteriorate rapidly and become erratic and violent. The virus may have an incubation period of days, weeks or even months. If it were a case where the dead rises it may again take a few days to a week for the corpse to re-animate but I don't think this is as likely so for this sake the victim is for arguments sake alive, how ever due to severe damage to both the brain and nervous system their pain response and consciousness appears absent, while their endurance, physical strength and aggression seem heightened due to a lack of limitation by nerves and mind.

Due to a prolonged incubation period the virus spreads quickly as those infected have no idea they are infected at all. The disease/virus would likely be spread by saliva, as this could mean a bite or breathing coughing or sneezing could spread it to others in both invasive and passive means. The common cold, flu and other more serious disease/virus are spread in this very manner. Daily interaction, and international travel/tourism could spread this outbreak all over the world before the later " zombie " stage is achieved.

During the "Zombie" phase of the outbreak, victims are unresponsive, aggressive, uncoordinated, high fever, dehydrated, seemingly impervious to pain due to nervous system damage, unresting, and starving due to an increased metabolism and the vomiting from the earlier stages of the disease. They appear to lack higher cognitive function and coordination and are driven simply by the fundamental needs of any living thing. An increase of sputum in the lungs causes hoarse, gurgley breathing along with coughing and humid breath which can further spread the disease. In fact as infection progresses, and breakdown speeds up victims become more contagious. Seeing as victims are aggressive, breaking down, and operating and basic needs they breath hoarsely, moan, and attempt to eat any and everything to feed their need for sustenance.

To maintain their increased body temperature(fever) in a natural response to fight off an infection these " zombies " require a very high calorie intake. However their increased body temperature causes further break down of their physical body, nervous system and mind. As the " Zombie " Feeds they become hotter, and in turn they break down further, becoming more sluggish, desperate, painless, and decaying. The zombies abilities decay with their bodies, both in time and the rate at which they feed. Seeing as the cause is a virus/disease, it is spread both by proximity and contact with the zombies, whether it be a bite, vomit, saliva or contact with other bodily fluids. The ultimate end of the "zombie" outbreak is death, once the body can no longer function even at the most primitive of levels they shut down completely. Starvation, grievous injuries or time alone will end the lives of all victims.

I would think in the early stages this mind boggling disease would see huge media publications and warnings and then seemingly vanish as things begin to get out of hand. Larger city centers would be hit the hardest, and those living in the more rural less densely populated areas may be affected less. However seeing as these "zombies" break down to groaning flesh crazy monsters over time, friends and family living in the fringe may have zombie visitors following memories in an attempt to feed. The disease could spring up and disappear in weeks, months or even years depending on how it is contained or if an antidote can be achieved.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The rage-like virus reminds me of the movie "The Crazies" did you ever see that one?

Anyway, I think the mass hysteria that would ensue would pretty much seal the fate of humanity as a whole. People would be out in the streets shooting anything and everything that didn't look right to them. The government would try to wrangle in the chaos....and after not being successful would find a way to kill us all.

Wow...that's a downer. But hey, I never claimed to be an optimist.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It happened again yesterday.

Another Zombie Attack?
Charles Baker of Palmetto, Florida (pictured) bit part of a man’s bicep off in what police believe was a drug-fueled rage on Wednesday night, WPTV 5 reports.

newsone.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Zombies of any type would almost certainly be incapable of higher intelligence that a normal healthy person has. Zombies act on an almost primitive, instinctual level. Even if they had read survival guides, I doubt they would have the ability to remember anything from their former lives.

The first stages of a "Zombie Apocalypse" would probably start with isolated cases in a certain part of the world, then quickly spread everywhere due to the meager information the CDC would be willing to release to the public. One leading sign of a zombie attack would be a news report of extreme violence, maniacal in nature, in which cannibalism was involved.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

So, back to the scenario. Some kind of virus starts to spread, making people go basically crazy, and mindlessly attack others with the apparent goal of consuming their flesh. If you're the official in charge...do you tell the truth or do you go with a coverup and hope for rapid containment?

I have to think (as a normal person) I'd go with the coverup and not be fired for revealing something (assuming it was a weaponized virus that got out). But, unofficially, I'd leak the story. Of course, at what point would the authorities cop to the real cause? When a small town is infected, a city? Never?

As an official if it seemed like it was containted or within a small area i'd go for cover up, to prevent mass hysteria.
If the situation started getting out of hand then i would have to alert the public possibly tweaking some details.

Now i'm getting worried

edit on 22-6-2012 by christafinias because: Typo

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
We all know that the CIA likes to drug deal......whos to say they arent spiking the punch?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
We all know that the CIA likes to drug deal......whos to say they arent spiking the punch?

in another zombie thread lol, i mentioned something very similar.
they say that its the drug bath salts, whether it is or its some other chemical, IMO if it got put in the water supplies or food it could have some really bad affects!
edit on 22-6-2012 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
According to zombie land.
The fatties would go first (No offense).

1.Cardio
2.The Double Tap
3.Beware of Bathrooms
4.Wear Seat Belts
5.No Attachments
6.The “Skillet”
7.Travel Light
8.Get a Kick Ass Partner
9.With your Bare Hands
10.Don’t Swing Low
11.Use Your Foot
12.Bounty Paper Towels
13.Shake it Off
14.Always carry a change of underwear
15.Bowling Ball
16.Opportunity Knocks
17.Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
18.Limber Up
19.Break it Up
20.It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
21.Avoid Strip Clubs
22.When in doubt Know your way out
23.Zipplock
24.Use your thumbs
25.Shoot First
26.A little sun screen never hurt anybody
27.Incoming!
28.Double-Knot your Shoes
29.The Buddy System
30.Pack your stain stick
31.Check the back seat
32.Enjoy the little things
33.Swiss army Knife

There it is lads and ladettes.

Stay Safe!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Flagged and starred man! I have seen way too many Romero movies and read The Stand too many times to not post in this thread

In any type of zombie like case, first things first would be to try and isolate those infected. This would include shutting down roads, and major highways once the infection really starts spreading. Town and cities would be quarantined and people who seem to not be infected would surely be scooped by the CDC and government to try and crate a vaccine from those who are not afflicted or infected by the bug.

With people dying at quick rates from the disease being spread though contact with saliva or blood (including coughs and sneezes), or even chances of it getting stonger and becoming airborne. The people who are not infected carry the same gene mutation that allows them to not catch it from without coming in direct contact with blood or saliva from an infected. These would be survivors.

There would with no doubt be a cover-up. The scariest thing to a government is an out of control population. They'd be gripped with the fear of people looting, fighting, killing, raping and becoming all out infected with an even worse "end of the world" mind-set or craze. There are far more people per city, town or village than police or government workers, period. The fear that they could not control their people is far more frightening than having to eradicate entire cities and towns which would include all the people within the walls of them. With the government not being able to fully control the media and stories breaking out from all over the world, they would surely incite Marshall Law to all hell would break loose. Soldiers against the people and people against the soldiers until they all become infected due to direct contact in mass riots all over the world.

Once they all have fallen ill to the new plague, they all unconsciously and with no memories of anything other than the moment they are in, commit to one common goal that is "food". This leaves those who are not infected to fight off these decaying creatures that were once human. With no human impulses other than survival, these "living dead" would rot, no matter if the feasted on the flesh of the living or not. They would all fall to the great evils of being dead. First these bodies would go though rigor mortis, then the blood would settle to the lowest point in the body which is called livor mortis, next the body might even begin to swell or bloat depending on the conditions in which they are exposed. We might even get those classic green and bluish looking zombies thanks to pallor mortis, which, if a person was to die with extreme blood loss, the capillaries in his or her body would loose color and turn dark and quite fake looking. Here is link to a (very graphic) picture of what that can look like.

Unless this was a rage virus and they did not die, but were simply infected and have succumb to a virus that takes over the brain as well as the body, they would die just like anything else would. It wouldn't matter if you hit them in the head or heart, they would die of blood loss or choking on their meal of flesh or blood from head or throat wounds. These would still be people and they would be able to run, jump or even be capable of simple thought. It would all depend on what parts of your brain it would control. It would surely their madula oblangatta to create the "rage" part of rage virus. It would most likely, as someone previously mentioned, increase their core temperature and in order to keep that up they would have to eat. A lot. That would create the zombie like effect of them eating the living. In a worst case scenario they would become predators with extreme animal like instincts. They might even stalk their prey. Once again, it would all depend on what parts of the brain it controlled and how well the disease controlled it.

I love a good zombie discussion, so please, if I didn't cover something you're curious about, or didn't explain it to your liking please ask me about it!
edit on 6/22/2012 by CHIEF23 because: grammatical error

top topics

<< 1   >>

join