It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will Christians Wake Up?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Christians dont follow the pope.... And they're lifestyle is pretty possitive and peaceful idk what your goin on about....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by bsalert

I have a few "pointers" also:

1. Not all Christians are Catholics
2. To some Christians, the Pope means nothing, to some he is the leader of the Great Harlot, to some he is the representation of Christ on earth.
3. Christians who believe in the gospel of Grace do not believe that it is all about obey,obey,obey... they believe that Jesus paid the ultimate price to give us righteousness.
4. Stop painting with such a broad brush. Especially in an arena where you are not learned. All Christians do not need to wake up. Maybe some do, but that is not for me to determine. And it certainly isn't for you to determine either.

On the DOT! perfect response,

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
While religion needs discernment, need to ask why they are being targetted in the wake up? Christians and Buddists are the most loving and equal. So should we wake up to Sharia or something?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

A commendable effort, OP, but ultimately it will fall on deaf ears. ATS is relatively unenlightened in the realm of comparative religions, evolutionary mythology, and religious syncretism. Instead of being open to the idea that all of human spirituality can be traced to archetypal mystical points, they would rather expand the gulf between each other by condemning the same belief, under a different name.

Despite the existence of cuneiform tablets from 3500 B.C., telling the myths of Sumer; Babylonian clay tablets from 2500 B.C., telling the Creation Epic, and the Pyramid and Coffin texts from 2500-1300 B.C.—all of which detail accounts which later appear in the Torah and Bible—the modern conspiracy theorist simply refuses to believe that Jesus has pagan mythological attributes.

Deities the world over—Dumuzi and Inanna in Sumer; Horus and Osiris in Egypt; Ba'al in Canaan; Teshub and Telipinu in Anatolia; Attis, Adonis, Persephone, and Dionysus in Greece; Odin in Iceland; and more—all demonstrate the mythological attributes and qualities of Jesus. Jesus being the conglomeration of all of their traits into a single state-deity; in this case the God of Rome. The Christians simply do not care though. They will say either that "no account survives from before the birth of Christ" (implying nothing older than Roman records exist), or that "the Devil had the foresight to come before Christ and plant his image in the pagan world" which is utter garbage.

As for the commentary on Zeitgeist... ATS at large seems to miss the point that these traits have been known for centuries, and were not just discovered suddenly, because of one recent documentary series. Christ, as a solar messiah, and a dying-and-rising god, is a well established belief supported by mythographers, theologians, historians, and comparative religions experts from all over the world. Here's a small sampling of work which discuss the overlaps:

Eight Sabbats for Witches (book one of the Witches Bible, by Janet and Stewart Farrar; first published in 1981) has an extensive segment on the pagan origins of Christ, Mary, and Yahweh in their explanation of Yule and Christmas.

Jealous Gods and Chosen People (by Professor David Leeming; first published in 2004) is an entire volume on the mythological qualities which began in Sumer, migrated to Babylon, evolved in Anatolia, traveled to Greece, and blossomed again in Judaism, then Christianity, and finally Islam.

Jesus Never Existed (by the extrodinary Kenneth Humphreys; first published in 2005) does an excellent job of deconstructing the historical, mythical, and mythological elements of the entire Christian mythos. Jesus, Yahweh, Mary, the Apostles, specific Bible stories, and more.

Any work from Israel Regardie ( A Garden of Pomegranites; The Tree of Life; T he Middle Pillar; The Golden Dawn) will bring to light the syncretism present in Christian religions, and their pagan fore-bearers. Regardie being the first member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (active from the 1880s to the 1920s) to publish the Societies course work.

Any work from Melita Denning and Osborne Phillips ( The Robe and Ring; The Sword and the Serpent) are good for expanding upon the overlaps between Christian and pagan faiths.

Keep up the good work, OP.

Don't be dismayed by the believers unwillingness to open their eyes to the possibility that they're wrong.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 21/6/12 by Wandering Scribe because: correcting some links

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I must disagree, Unity.

Christianity is the religion of love, yes, but it practices this love by forging gulfs between the Believer, and the Nonbeliever.

Christianity teaches us to condemn the homosexual, the woman who is proud, the victim of a rapist, the Pagan and other Non-Christian, as well as any who oppose Creationism and support scientific rationale like evolutionary theory.

Christianity also tries to directly tie morality into their God, despite the Bible being rife with completely immoral activities committed by God, Jesus, and Christians alike. The Christian then has the nerve to suggest that it is the nonbeliever who commits atrocities because they do not have the moral compass of Jesus to steer them.

Christians march against the homosexuals (as Fundamentalists); against the African Americans (as the KKK); against the troops who defend America (as the Westboro Baptists); and they seek to take away the rights of others by not allowing the free practice of their own worship (by trying to stop the building of Mosques and pagan temples).

Christians are completely unloving.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

When you generalize, you miss the individual. Are some Christians this way? Yes. Are some Jews this way? Yes. Are some Agnostics this way? Yes. Are some Muslims this way? Yes.

Now reverse it. Are there loving Christians? Yes. Are there loving Jews? Yes. Are there loving Agnostics? Yes. Are there loving Muslims? Yes.

Not all members of groups think and feel the same way. Individuality is a wonderful thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
Christians are completely unloving.

Jesus loved EVERYONE, including those who killed Him. He loved the money changers even while driving them out with a whip just like Lincoln, Kennedy, Garfield, and McKinley tried to do. IF you love your children you are going to punish them, there is NO love without judgement.

This video makes it painfully obvious that you are mistaken. Should I ALSO not be dismayed by your unwillingness to open YOUR eyes to the possibility that YOU are the one who is wrong?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Haru “Horus” is symbolic of the Rising Son. Jesus is also symbolic of the rising son. Jesus was the son (sun) who died (set) on the cross by crucifixion and he will resurrect (rise) according to the Christians. When the son came down and apparently sets or dies into the darkness and he raises or resurrects back to life. It is the story of the Christian’s God Jesus.

What religious fanatics don’t realize is that if the sun shuts down that would be the end of life as you know it. This is what EgYpt teaches about the sun: If I say I worship the sun, people say oh that’s sun worship. I know that. The reason why I say worship the sun, s-u-n and laugh at you who worship the son, s-o-n is because my sun is an obvious provider. If my sun doesn’t come up in the morning, we can chalk it. Jesus (the son) went to sleep 2,000 years ago, has not gotten up yet, and you all are still doing fine. Yet you are still waiting for your son to rise. If my sun doesn’t rise each day, it’s over for Jesus and you. Now with this reasoning, I can live without your son. Can you live without your son? Can you live without my sun? The answer is simply NO.

What you don't seem to understand is that if the sun shuts down, it's only the end of life as you know it on earth. The earth as we know it wasn't meant to last forever and light existed before the SUN was created. When this life is over and we move on to the next one, our bodies and our way of life won't need a sun.

So, before you try to show that the SUN is more important than the SON, first you have to realize that GOD created both of them. The difference is that God sent Jesus as His ONLY begotten son. On the other hand, Horus was just a fallen angel who's spirit would supposedly enter the bodies of the Pharaohs when the previous one would die. Horus had no ability to become fully human himself, like Jesus.

So, now let's turn the questions back to you. Can you live without your sun? In case you haven't noticed. Every person experiences death, so the SUN can't save you from that, now you need to start thinking about the eternal life that follows this one. Can you live without the Son? The Bible says no. In fact, here's what the Bible says about the Son, also known as the Lamb, because He was sacrificed for us.

Revelation 21:23

23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Why do you think throughout the entire Bible that no one was able to look upon God. His presence was too bright for people to even look upon, for God himself is the original light.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Just one point: some of that gulf NEEDS to be there. Sorry. Outsiders are not my business, when it comes to judgment. If we have problems in our midst, we're to uproot them, but going after a non-believer's problems with the same authority, should be outside our jurisdiction. Just as much, some of the barriers we have in place ought to come down, but this is not an all or nothing issue.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You mean the religion.

Christ, real or metaphor is something different. Christ is a Buddha, and we're all called to release our inner Buddha's, (that which I have done, you can do and greater).

If we go to more ancient knowledge, the energy centers, (represented in the light code way of the chakra's, the dark code is simply to tie them into Saturn's rings). I only intend and see light code.

So in a classic way they wish to attain godhood or their Ben Ben Bird/phoenix bird, ascension (notwithstanding they got off track and so are trying for the dark code version of this, or really working hard to blend the duality into one big pot of OKness and recreating Higher Frequencies in the image of duality).

So it has to be pointed out that as they did not meet the requirements as they follow pyramids and hiearchies and kingdoms, thus they are predators, and the only thing that can possibly be at the top of the pyramid is gravity and shadow, and those serving this in the larger entity scale.

But, the correct procedure is represented as Christ's ministry. Buddha too.

Once you go past the lower chakras of survival and dog eat dog.

You reach the Heart. Unconditional Love.

That leads to the Throat (the actual ministry of Christ). Feeding the poor, equalizing, visiting the sick, healing, helping, loving, kind, forgiving, etc etc. This is a metaphor, as equality (not pyramids) equalizes. So the sick, poor, shut in, who can only offer a prayer or a penny, is equal to all the good works of the mobile and helathy/wealthy group.

So we need to weed our inner garden as much as we can, ask for help to do so, and seek.

But, when you use your voice and your talents to serve others, you open the Third Eye, the Eye of Horus, the TRUE EYE OF HORUS, not the pyramid top, or the Shadow side.

That leads to the connection and guidance of Family/Source/Higher Self, and true advancement/progression/growing your light.

It all has a corner stone.

Genesis 32 30.

The city where Jacob met God was named penial.

And....this gives you a whole other look at Jacobs ladder and the infinite rungs or densities, up and down.

Christ also said, in my Father's Heaven there are many mansions. Infinite groupings, birds of a feather flock together frequency realms.

We're all called to ministry, and to release our inner Buddhas, or become Christed.

Note there is also a lesson or guidance or a light side to authority, but not as authority in the fascist sense but Father was meant to teach and instruct, and walk hand in hand with Mother.

Children do tend to get undisciplined without a Father, I can attest to that, and a deep voice, helping and guiding and assisting is a good thing too.

But not a bent out of shape one.

edit on 22-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So if I could take this title into the purest terms of it, I really do hope Christians will wake up and strive to see through the world and abuses of power and stop obeying and stop being blind to their own growth potential.

Religion is not the way, spiritual seeking and sharing is.

But I'm not walking away from Christ's message or even Buddha for that matter, though will always use discernment.

If something is accredited to them that I don't agree with and can't strive to see in a different way with metaphor, then its not something I will follow.

But, the way I took this title in was the NWO agenda, and they are promoting fascism and theocracies and our CIA are toppling free muslim countries and helping Sharia destroy their avdancements and freedoms.

Google Nazi and Banna.

But maybe I shouldn't have prejudged and perhaps it was meant in the more illuminati way, not the NWO way.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Hi Bsalert,

I'm new to joining this forum, but I have been reading this site now for awhile. Your post interested me, and prompted me to finally create a profile. I should start by saying that I am not religious, I am spiritual.

Our spirituality has connections between all of humanity, despite religion or where in the world people are born. The parallels between Christ does not end with just the Egyptian set of deities. There are parallels to Christ though-out the world. What more, in way of importance, is lost upon you? How is verifiable, scientific observation of the same thought forms repeating itself in humans through-out thousands upon thousands of years on Earth - somehow inconsequential? How does our heritage and history show that people with belief and faith are wrong? Ignorant? I honestly think it is the other way around. But that is just me.

I don't think that comparative religion detracts from present day beliefs and faiths. Indeed, I rather wonder if the older versions give validity to the last incarnation - of a higher spirit - on this plane of materialism.

~Serra

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
2 things.

- In the 7 days that God made everything, where are the 150 million + years the Dinosaurs roamed the Earth?

- Christians around year 1000 once believed "witches" were the cause of the bad weather. All because Jesus denounced them in the bible. So the Pope ordered all Christians to burn alive hundreds of thousands of innocent women, who were believed to be witches.

yea...nice

edit on 23-6-2012 by southtower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by southtower

Who is to say what a "day" to God might be?

As to Witches, many people over exaggerated how many women actually died during those times, for witchcraft. When people state that millions or even half a million died because of the Malleus Maeficarum - they are lying. Cats (familiars) were also burned, which in turn, led to the rodent explosion that worsened the black plague. So I'd say, those Christian's already got what was coming to them. We certainly cannot blame Christian's today for the mistakes of people who lived centuries ago.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serraphina

Who is to say what a "day" to God might be?

As to Witches, many people over exaggerated how many women actually died during those times, for witchcraft. When people state that millions or even half a million died because of the Malleus Maeficarum - they are lying. Cats (familiars) were also burned, which in turn, led to the rodent explosion that worsened the black plague. So I'd say, those Christian's already got what was coming to them. We certainly cannot blame Christian's today for the mistakes of people who lived centuries ago.

- So each day was millions of years?

- The Pope ordered Christians to burn innocent women 512 years ago in the name of God. Thats sick, and not a religion i suggest following. The only difference today, is that we have "Christian" political leaders that stage Terrorist attacks, then invade the said country and massacre hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

I see no change.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I couldn't presume to know how an omniscient intelligence might measure time. However, it would seem that our ancient philosophers were wrong in their guess-tamations.

I am not religious. I don't go to church or try to sway anyone to my way of belief. I'm rather insignificant. I don't know that my way is correct. I'm just muddling through this world like everyone else.

I happen to get the sith lord vibe (star wars dark lord) from our present pope. It's rather unnerving.

Religion does not cause death. PEOPLE cause death. It's wish fulfillment to place all your animosity and disappointment in religion. If it wasn't religion it would be race. If it wasn't race, it would be gender. If it wasn't gender, it would be about age. (Everyone ignores that is actually about resources and a politics game - but that is another forum area.) Mankind is the violent and sick thing you despise. Unfortunately, we haven't changed much over the centuries.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

You misunderstand. Unity originally stated:

Christians and Buddists are the most loving and equal

My response was to this false assertion. The word "most" here is used to imply that no other can compare or surpass. Unity is saying that there is no love greater than that of a Christian, or a Buddhist.

Christians are anything but the "most loving" (as demonstrated in my previous post).

As for Buddhists, I have much less problem with them, but they too can be violent, bigoted, and offensive. The Jains are more loving than the Buddhists, but so few people even know who the Jains are. Much less do they realize the universal love doctrine of modern Westernized Buddhism is actuall Jain in origin, and not from the Buddha's teachings.

I did not have to generalize Christians, because Unity did that for me when she said they are all the most loving people. I was stating an opposing opinion to her own.

Yes, there can be good people who belong to Christianity, Judaism, or Islam. But it is the people who are good, and the people who are doing the good deed. Not the religious affiliation.

reply to post by Murgatroid

Jesus loved EVERYONE, including those who killed Him

John 3:36

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever disobeys the Son will not see eternal life, but must endure God's wrath."

Unless you can somehow turn "endure God's wrath" (meaning eternity in Hell) into love... I must say I disagree with you. Jesus loves you, only if you are a Christian. A devout pagan, Buddhist, or atheist is only worthy of God's wrath.

If you still believe that infinite punishment for finite crimes is love, let me throw one more thing at you. If Jesus loves everyone, and Jesus is love, and Christianity is the religion of love, then why are things like blindness, death, disease, and the inability to walk still viable?

Love is unconditional, or it is not love. If Jesus could cure a blind man, allow a crippled man to walk, raise to new life a dead man, and cure the sick then in his love he should have abolished these ailments entirely. He did not though, which means He believes we are deserving of pain, suffering, sickness, and imperfections. This is not love.

Jesus is not love. Jesus is a mythological deity, just like all of the other mythological deities. If you pray to Him, and adhere to His philosophy of life, He rewards you. If not, He punishes you. Find me where in Christianity Jesus teaches that it is OK to be a Buddhist, Neo-Pagan, Taoist, Jain, Sikh, Hindu, Wiccan, or an atheist and I will consider retracting my belief that Christianity is not about love.

As for your video...

It is all sensationalist garbage.

Christianity is a religion based on dualism; there is God and there is the Devil. God fights for the good of man, and the Devil seeks to corrupt man. Therefore, when Christianity is not under attack (from pagans, from Muslims, from homosexuals, from Democrats, from feminists, etc) then the dichotomy described by the dualism falls on it's face.

All Graham Cooke is doing, is playing with the "warrior of God" mentality that modern Evangelism, and televangelism, has instilled in the bored Christian who wants to believe they are making a difference by doing nothing but praying for the salvation of sinners.

If you knew anything relevant about Satanists (meaning: not told to you by a Christian), then you would know that they do not seek to attack Christians. In fact, the Nine Statements, Eleven Rules, and Nine Sins of the code of Satanic Virtue destroy the rubbish of that video.

Find a better video, preferably one with evidence, over anecdotes about events which may, or may not have ever occurred.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yes, I do mean the religion. Christianity is the religion of Christ Jesus. The two are inseparable. There cannot be any Christianity without Christ; likewise, Christ as a spiritual and mythological figure is meaningless without the cult of Christianity which arose in his stead. If you believe that you can take Christ out of Christianity, and see him as a separate, and uniquely individual being, without adhering to Christian dogma, then you are in the wrong.

I do not care how many "Christ met Buddha" books, specials, and documentaries you have seen. Buddhism teaches a lack-of-deity, and the way to Nirvana (non-being). While Christianity teaches a single Creator, and submission to the will of this deity, so you may spend eternity in Its presence. While particular moral precepts may coincide, all that means is morality is not God-given, but is instead a humanistic development.

While the Chakra-awareness practices are spiritual in nature, there is no definitive guide for which center allows which psychic faculty to operate. In fact, many different Yogis and Gurus all teach conflicting accounts. So, while it produces a great feeling, believing you're opening a Chakra, there is no evidence you've done anything beyond elicit a psychosomatic response.

People have been spiritual since at least 10,000 BC, the practice of Chakra cultivation, at best, dates to only 1500 BC. What did the spiritual people for the 8500 years before then do?

I have seen you use the Eye of Horus before... just as incorrectly as you did now. The Eye belongs, simultaneously, to both the Old Kingdom supreme state-god of Heliopolis: Re; as well as the solar messiah who reunited Upper and Lower Egypt: Horus. The Ennead creation mythology greatly details the importance of the Eye relating to Horus, while Old Kingdom mythology details the importance of the Eye in relation to Re.

For Re, the eye symbolized vengeance, and justice. A variety of deities (Sekhmet, Bast, Hathor, Wadjet, Mut) were said to embody the fiery power of the Eye of Ra. This force usually was an act of retribution (like Sekhmet slaughtering humans when Re is upset with them). The eye then is not spiritual, but related to hierarchies, and justice codes.

The myths of "Isis and Osiris" and then the myth of "Horus and Set" detail the importance of the eye to Horus.

The first myth, in short, goes: Osiris was the Pharaoh of Egypt, but he was getting on in years. The new was to be elected. Set, the brother of Osiris, was the only candidate as Osiris and Isis had no children. However, Set also represented chaos, and disorder. So enthroning him would have been very bad. Osiris plots to not have Set enthroned. Enraged, Set either plays a trick on Osiris, or willingly kills him. Either way, Osiris ends up in a coffin at the bottom of the Nile. Isis laments and weeps, but no one will aid her. So, she recovers Osiris' body herself. Set learns of this and intercedes, dismembering Osiris and hiding his limbs. Isis again reclaims Osiris, save his penis which is eaten by a fish. Isis uses magic to give Osiris a solar phallus (made of gold) which he uses to impregnate her. The result is a son, Horus, who will now be the new Pharaoh.

The second myth goes: Set, upon learning that Horus has been born, demands that he be Pharaoh since it is rightfully his. Horus denies the claim though, declaring that, as Osiris' son, he is the rightful heir. The two powers (light/dark, order/disorder/ claer sky/stormy sky) fight endlessly. In their fight, Set plucks out Horus' eye. This eye, the Eye of Horus, is cast into the sky as the Moon (represented by the god Thoth, or later the god Khonsu). It stands as a promise that the sun between the two horizons (Horus) has not been killed by the on-coming night (Set), but will return again after each evening. Just as the Moon (Eye of Horus) reflects the light of the sun (Horus' love) throughout the entire dark period.

Sorry to burst your bubble on Jesus' love, Chakra awakening, the Eye of Horus, and all of the other poorly supported New Age spiritualism you constantly tote on this forum as legitimate spirituality.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 24/6/12 by Wandering Scribe because: some spelling mistakes

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The fact that the OP thinks all Christians are catholics is a dead giveaway.
He doesn't even have a basic understanding of Christian theology or history.
so very juvenile.

You failed. When will YOU wake up and do some research instead of relying on a crappy documentary you saw on Utube.
edit on 24-6-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That reminds me of a spell a friend did in college. She buried some sort of protection spell out in a field not far from my home. Right as she finished burying the dratted thing, the clouds roll in and we get pelted with rain. And I mean soaked...and we didn't have any predicted for that day, that I remember. I made a comment on it being weird, and she stated that she was used to it...powerful works tend to bring the rain.

Now, understand, this was Cajun Country, and we do get sudden squalls like that out of nowhere. Heck, I've even seen them circle around small areas of land and darn near flood the surrounding area. Weather's plain freaky down here, at times.

But the fact remains that she either
1. Controlled the weather.
2. Believed she controlled the weather enough to claim it.

And I'm stuck with either assuming that:
1. She is.
2. It's just a coincidence, that she gets enough to assume something over.
3. She's nuts.

My thing is that: If you don't want people to kill you over the weather, don't claim that you can control it.

And I wonder how many who were killed actually thought they could control the weather? Probably only a handful.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join