It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natwest/Royal Bank of Scotland Have Not Been Processing Payments for 48 Hours Now

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Suspiria

HAHAHAHAHA!

Indians... Very good at doing exactly what the script tells them to do, whether it is right or wrong they don't care, they will do it and keep doing it. We have tried some outsourcing to India and have pulled most of it back, except the 1st line and provisioning stuff.

We dare not let them touch our Core network because they cannot handle it. We're talking well "qualified" people, they have degrees and such, but they parrot everything they are told without understanding it.

Another problem with Indian outsourcing is their constant need to have conference calls. Whenever they fudge up, which is often, they convene a conference call of dozens, all talk at the same time, eventually reach a consensus (whether right or wrong) then if it does go tits, no one is to blame because no one really knows who suggested what...

My brother works at IT support and he gets calls from India all the time about their computers going down. He tries to help them but they just don't understand what he's talking about and it's a simple solution, too. He gets really frustrated with them because they keep calling back.

By the way, I really like how you try to help out these frustrated ATS posters. It's really nice of you to explain what's going on.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Thanks

Just trying to keep everything on a level heading, if you know what I mean..Some might think I am being helpful, others not so much

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Did they fix the problem today or are you guys still out over there in the UK?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Did they fix the problem today or are you guys still out over there in the UK?

Well in the media its being reported as resolved but they are saying due to back logs some it could take until the end of the week.

Im with RBS, i was originally told Monday when i called, then i was told Tuesday morn after calling again but still no joy.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Suspiria

HAHAHAHAHA!

Indians... Very good at doing exactly what the script tells them to do, whether it is right or wrong they don't care, they will do it and keep doing it. We have tried some outsourcing to India and have pulled most of it back, except the 1st line and provisioning stuff.

We dare not let them touch our Core network because they cannot handle it. We're talking well "qualified" people, they have degrees and such, but they parrot everything they are told without understanding it.

Another problem with Indian outsourcing is their constant need to have conference calls. Whenever they fudge up, which is often, they convene a conference call of dozens, all talk at the same time, eventually reach a consensus (whether right or wrong) then if it does go tits, no one is to blame because no one really knows who suggested what...

Hmm i smell a conspiracy!

Where does MKGhandas work?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Indeed, they say it is fixed but the backlog could take, and I quote, "weeks" to clear down fully...

reply to post by Flavian

Hahaha

Nice one .. he probably does work in one too! Not to fret though, they are pricing themselves out the market. 3 years ago, we could get 4 Indians for one Brit, now it's 1.4 per Brit and not worth the money. New laws and regs prevent them working shift hours, overtime or anything useful, plus wage inflation is rocketing. Add into the mix they are simply incapable and they become undesirable employees

Want to see an economy flash brightly then fizzle out?

Watch India over the next 5 years...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

That's precisely what my fella keeps saying. But will the jobs come back here or outsourced to another country altogether. Mayhap we still have one too many tea breaks for them to consider bringing them back.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
From the telegraph today.

Mr Hester admitted yesterday in an email to staff that RBS was not “out of the woods” with the bank drafting in thousands of staff over the weekend to try to deal with the issue. It now looks likely that the cost of the bank’s technical problems will run into tens of millions of pounds.

www.telegraph.co.uk... t-to-public.html

his choice of words not "out of the woods" makes me think they have yet to fix the problem. this so called "glich" problem.

sorry, this artical is dated 6/23/12
edit on 26-6-2012 by camaro68ss because: my bad

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Those India call centers are crazy. You have one person running 3 or 4 lines at once. One line 1 there is a man with a credit card problem, on line 2 a man needing tech surport for his new DVD player, line 3 some one looking up car parts, line 4 .....well you get the idea. They do not have clue as to what they are doing they just read what pops up on the computer screen. And to make it worse most can not speak well enough for you understand what they are saying.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Here's something amusing for you..

Due to the high churn rate for our Indian first liners (as they get trained and move on - they are total wage whores - hence the high inflation) we are now widening the net and getting in lower educated ones. Our long time Indians (the few who stayed on out of loyalty) who were well educated and well spoken cannot understand their own Indian colleagues when they speak English!

If Indians have trouble understanding Indians, what hope have we got?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I just came across this. It may explain everything. Yes a "glitch" but really, really not the kind you want.

Sixty million euro has been stolen from bank accounts in a massive cyber bank raid after fraudsters raided dozens of financial institutions around the world.

Fraud Ring In Hacking Attack On 60 Banks

Maybe they were the first one to notice that they were being stolen from.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by froglette
I just came across this. It may explain everything. Yes a "glitch" but really, really not the kind you want.

Sixty million euro has been stolen from bank accounts in a massive cyber bank raid after fraudsters raided dozens of financial institutions around the world.

Fraud Ring In Hacking Attack On 60 Banks

Maybe they were the first one to notice that they were being stolen from.

Froglette have I told you lately that I love you?.
Right, so much for being patient.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Still no joy here. How come they can debit my account when I use my debit card or an ATM but they can't fix this problem????? As of tomorrow I will be 2 weeks in arrears with my rent and car payments that are paid by standing order, not to mention the 2 weeks of funds that haven't appeared in my account. If it's not sorted by next week (and I get the feeling that with so little info forth coming from RBS it won't be), I will then be in arrears with my insurance payments, electricity and telephone bills.

I've been patient and kept faith that this would be sorted by now but now I'm getting pissed off and if I'm honest, just a little bit worried!! I can't help but think (I know it's a cliche) that in today's age of technology something like this would be sorted out within a few days. They keep saying they're working on the problem and transactions are being done manually but NO ONE I know that banks with RBS and it's subsidiaries has had their account restored.

Although I did chuckle a little wryly when I read that this is going to cost them so much that bonuses may be reduced this year, awww wouldn't you feel sorry for them ....

edit on 27-6-2012 by HighMaintenance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HighMaintenance

Still no joy here. How come they can debit my account when I use my debit card or an ATM but they can't fix this problem????? As of tomorrow I will be 2 weeks in arrears with my rent and car payments that are paid by standing order, not to mention the 2 weeks of funds that haven't appeared in my account. If it's not sorted by next week (and I get the feeling that with so little info forth coming from RBS it won't be), I will then be in arrears with my insurance payments, electricity and telephone bills.

I've been patient and kept faith that this would be sorted by now but now I'm getting pissed off and if I'm honest, just a little bit worried!! I can't help but think (I know it's a cliche) that in today's age of technology something like this would be sorted out within a few days. They keep saying they're working on the problem and transactions are being done manually but NO ONE I know that banks with RBS and is subsidiaries has had their account restored.

Although I did chuckle a little wryly when I read that this is going to cost them so much that bonuses may be reduced this year, awww wouldn't you feel sorry for them ....

Oh, lordy...I don't envy you at all. It just kills me to hear about the hefty bonuses these guys get.

Do you have any family members or friends that can loan you the money to pay rent until this bank sorts itself out?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
NatWest and their IT support in India:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

News.....cyber attack on banking instiutions:

www.prisonplanet.com... tutions-so-far.html

www.theverge.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

As I said in a previous post, I am one of the 'luckier' ones. THANKFULLY I took the advice of ATS members and started stocking up on essentials and I have a small amount of money saved in the credit union that I can fall back on if I need it. Sometimes it's a good thing to be a conspiracy theorist
Today I've had to start dipping into those supplies and we have enough to keep us going for another few weeks or so but for those that survive week to week this must be an absolute nightmare!!

I have also been proactive about this and took it upon myself to inform those that were meant to be receiving a payment from me the reason they haven't received anything yet and they've all been fine and very understanding, after all this is out of my hands.

However, this is not just affecting people on a personal level, there are businesses that have had to cancel orders etc because they cannot access their funds to pay for supplies to fill those orders. It's an absolute disgrace!!!

I'll say it again, this has absolutely opened my eyes to being prepared and I hope more people learn from it and get prepared. So thanks ATS

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Wow! I wonder if it has any connection to the Barclays scandal that came out today?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
is it still messed up over there?

just bumpin

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

As of 5 mins ago when I checked my balance online, no, it's still not fixed

Last week it was "It'll be fixed by Monday ..."
On Monday it was "It'll be fixed by the end of the week ..."
Today it's "It'll definitely be fixed by Monday ... "

Ulster Bank: Full services will be back to normal by Monday

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I cannot acces my HSBC Online banking tonight...

MY mobile app still works for checking balances and my debit/credit cards still work, but I can't do any actual banking..

www.hsbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join