It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natwest/Royal Bank of Scotland Have Not Been Processing Payments for 48 Hours Now

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Those of you who have had other bills made late because of this, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!! Get the people at the companies you're late with to fax or mail you some documentation that as of the day it went down your bill was current, then as of whatever day after it failed your bill became late, and whatever the fines are for it, then when your account is restored, submit *copies* (not originals) of it all to your bank with an invoice for the late fees they owe you (you can find invoice templates on the web for MSOffice or OpenOffice). If they fail to pay it, call them and play hard ball, and if they still refuse, go to your local TV station and get them to do those "man on the street" reports on your situation until the bank is embarrassed enough to just pay your measly fines so you'll shut up.

Don't take this lying down, and don't pay for their mistakes. They failed to live up to their contract with you, and you deserve to be reimbursed, not stuck with the bill of their mistake. Be sure no one is going to report your lateness to the credit agencies either, and if so, call them and dispute it and provide the documentation that it was the bank's fault and not yours.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Still in the same boat I was last week only now I'm owed and owe 2 weeks worth of payments.

I'm hoping one of the technical people that have been posting can answer this question ...

If this so called glitch has now been fixed, how come funds that were meant to go into my account today haven't appeared? My usual weekly standing orders didn't go out again either. I can understand they're clearing the backlog from last week so I wasn't expecting all I'm owed to appear. Surely if it's fixed things should be operating normally despite the backlog.

As I understand it, Ulster Bank is being 'fixed' last (I presume it's because it's the smaller of the subsidiaries), but are RBS and Natwest now fixed?

This really is getting beyond just an inconvenience!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

The backlog is being blamed on the delays, but I don't know any specifics aside from rumour, which seems to be that their IT people may have deleted certain files containing transactional data a few times, so I imagine it is pretty chaotic trying to track down missing payments.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just got this in my inbox ...

Ulster Bank to open again this Sunday as Central Bank expresses concern

THE CENTRAL BANK has said this evening that it is concerned at continuing delays at Ulster Bank, calling the situation ‘unacceptable’.

As one comment said:

Are the CBoI that toothless that they can’t / won’t fine UB for everyday their system remain out of order?

I could be wrong but the “CBOI” have no authority too. Ub is regulated by the FSA.

Why haven't / can't they been fined???? I don't care who does it but we're 10 days into this now, surely some form of regulator needs to step in at this stage.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
11 days and still nothing has been sorted .... tick tock tick tock .... BOOM!!

Will Ulster Bank be the cause of it all crashing down??

How is a technical glitch that is still affecting thousands not having an effect on the markets?

I have now become seriously concerned, I can't believe that this has been allowed to go on for so long.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Seems Parliament has taken an interest now

www.bbc.co.uk...

Probably only because one of their own banks with RBS, or their tenants can't pay the rent, but at least they have taken some action.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
As an RBS customer I can report everything got back to normal for me by Wednesday afternoon.
All inbound and outgoing payments correct and up to date now.
Much sympathy for anyone still in Chaos with all this.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Another day without access to my money ...

Although this did make me smile, pity I don't live in Dublin, I would've taken him up on his offer.
Every cloud ...

Meanwhile, an enterprising bar in Dublin has promised all Ulster Bank card holders a free drink tonight.

The Grafton Lounge in in Upper Duke Lane, off Grafton Street, is offering anyone who presents an Ulster Bank card a drink for themselves and a friend.

Manager John Ennis said that the bar wanted to help "alleviate the problem".

"We are very active on our Twitter and Facebook and aware of the situation for our customers. We then introduced this offer today to try and alleviate the bad news and bring a bit of cheer out of it," Mr Ennis said.

Irish Times

The FSA has had nothing to say about this and all the Central Bank has to say is they are concerned and that this is unacceptable

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HighMaintenance
reply to post by camaro68ss

As of 5 mins ago when I checked my balance online, no, it's still not fixed

Last week it was "It'll be fixed by Monday ..."
On Monday it was "It'll be fixed by the end of the week ..."
Today it's "It'll definitely be fixed by Monday ... "

Ulster Bank: Full services will be back to normal by Monday

At this point, I can now only face palm!!

The bank says that “due to the complexity and scale of the backlog, we do not now expect to be fully up to date by Monday, 2nd July”.

The Journal

edit on 30-6-2012 by HighMaintenance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by XXXN3O

Explanation: Uhmmm?

Recently my gf blew up the engine in her car and she was given the run around by the mechanics UNTIL I told her to ask them "When is the LATEST you WILL have this FIXED by?" and that makes THEM realize that after that time period has expired ... that they wont be getting any more bu$ine$$ from that customer ever again.

Personal Disclosure: Give that a try and please let ATS know how it goes ok! I hope this helps.

Explanation: Seems no one got the point I made!

NOW in BOLD, UNDERLINED and Quoted in isolation FOR EFFECT!

"When is the LATEST you WILL have this FIXED by?"

Personal Disclosure: Start legal proceedings OK!
CLASS ACTION!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

The backlog is being blamed on the delays, but I don't know any specifics aside from rumour, which seems to be that their IT people may have deleted certain files containing transactional data a few times, so I imagine it is pretty chaotic trying to track down missing payments.

It's pretty hard to permanently delete files unless you use a specific program to erase the data. Almost all companies run daily backup files which record all the activities. Even if this wasn't running, for a few hundred dollars there are programs which will recover deleted files.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by stumason

It's pretty hard to permanently delete files unless you use a specific program to erase the data. Almost all companies run daily backup files which record all the activities. Even if this wasn't running, for a few hundred dollars there are programs which will recover deleted files.

I really don't know what to think about this 'technical glitch' but I am thinking that every back up system known to man must have failed for this to have happened.

At the beginning of this saga I was a little annoyed but prepared to have faith that they would have this fixed at most within 2-3 days. Not in my wildest imagination did I think I would still be posting in this thread 11 days after my first post with still no end in sight.

Stephen Cruise, Ulster Bank's managing director of branch banking, said yesterday that the crashed system would not be up and running by tomorrow.

"It clearly won't be fixed by then. We are still aiming for early in the week ahead. It is a complex issue and it is taking us more time to work through. I don't have a definite date as to when it will be fixed," he said.

Ulster Bank IT fiasco heading into week two (It's actually going into week three, nothing like toning down a disaster with a typo ... )

They have without a doubt now lost me as a customer and I'm sure thousands more have made the same decision. I do wonder if they'll survive this? If I was a gambler, I'd put my money on 'No they won't'.

I can only think that this must be karma for the Irish for giving the world Murphy's Law

(If I didn't laugh I'd cry
)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
so you guys still cant access your bank accounts?

WOW, i would not know what to do if that happend to me.

Well i do know what i would do, i have a months worth of cash on hand if this ever happend to me.

Not a bad idea to have.

any new updates this fine day?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am at my wits end. I am owed money since last Wednesday, my electric is now sitting at 0.02p, I have no food and my daughter's birthday is on the 8th and by the looks of things, I will not have any cash to give her anything. She is in care and I get to see her once a month. I'm with Ulster Bank and I do not have any photo ID to be able to get money out over the counter. As soon as I get my money, I'm changing banks. # this for a laugh.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Your answer:

In its latest update on day 12 of the problems, the bank said that returning to normal service “will take some further time” while not putting any specific day or date on when this will happen.

Ulster Bank now doesn't know when normal service will be resumed

Jesus wept ....

We finally got a letter of apology from Jim Brown and they did take the bold leap
of opening a twitter account today, I don't use twitter so that means nothing to me and quite frankly neither does their apology!

Although there has been some unusual movement in my account. I had €9.56 showing as my balance on Friday and used my debit card to pay for goods to the value of €8.98. On Saturday my balance was €7.43. I haven't used my card since Friday and since this morning I've been overdrawn by -€103.65. I'm still waiting on the payments that should have gone into my account on the 21st and 28th of June as well as for my standing order payments to go out. These cover my rent, car payment and a few quid that goes to my savings at the credit union.

I do have another Ulster Bank current account (I'm a glutton for punishment) that I use for my monthly direct debits. Two payments that were due into that account yesterday haven't appeared and from tomorrow I have direct debits that are due to start going out.

At the moment I can't use my debit card to pay for anything or draw money out at an ATM. My nearest branch is a 40 mile round trip and it's not one of the branches that has extended opening hours.

Personally for me I still haven't been hugely affected by all this but only because I'm well stocked, although we have run out of biscuits and chocolate
. I have certainly been inconvenienced as I've had to cancel a small building job I had planned to be started today since I currently have no way of knowing when I'm going to be able to pay the builder, which in turn has more than likely inconvenienced him.

Other than showing my disgust at this situation by moving to another bank, I really don't know what else I can do. When this is finally fixed I will be scrutinising my statements for any mistakes and if there is some form of class action, they can count me in!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Erm...anybody else heard that the government is making 38m available to Credit Unions to encourage people to get away from the High Street banks?

Rsinbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
At last
I have a positive balance in my account although it looks like this is only the payment that was due on the 21st of June. One week worth of standing orders has also gone out. As of 2 minutes ago I could also view my statements online again but the service is now temporarily unavailable .... again
. What I did see is an absolute mess
, I've already noticed 2 ATM transactions that have been charged twice.

Still no change to my second account.

Still no information on when exactly this will all be over, speculation is rife with some saying that UB staff have said this may take up to 6 weeks to fully resolve. To be honest, at this stage, it really wouldn't surprise me if it took longer!!!

Although it looks like someone wasn't prepared to wait anymore:

Armed raid at Ulster Bank in Co. Down

Ulster Bank executives will face questions from TDs and Senators on Thursday when they are called before the Oireachtas Finance Committee.

The Journal

My guess is that they'll be told they're very naughty execs and that they really should try harder, then they'll be sent on their way to carry on being the b(w)ankers that they've always been
!!

I just want my money

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This morning's update from Ulster Bank

The unresolved crisis will continue to affect clients for at least another week, according to management.

In this morning’s statement, RBS said customers will continue to experience significant delays this week and next (starting 9 July) but “gradual” and “noticeable” improvements are expected over that period.

They added: “It is our expectation that by the week of the 16 July, the vast majority of customers will return to a normal service, barring any residual reconciliation required.”

Ulster Bank: significant delays expected next week but normal service by 16 July

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
At long last after over 2 weeks the Central Bank has finally said more than 'this is unacceptable'

In his opening remarks to the committee this afternoon, the Central Bank of Ireland’s Director of Consumer Protection, Bernard Sheridan, said that it is insisting that customers of Ulster Bank and those of other institutions affected by the IT issues are compensated for costs and charges they have incurred.

While everyone can understand that IT failures can occur from time-to-time, the contingency planning of RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) and Ulster Bank has self-evidently been appalling and the approach to customer communication has, at times, been exasperating.

Telling the committee that the Central Bank viewed the matter “extremely seriously”, he said that the type of disruption suffered by customers was unprecedented in Irish banking.

Ulster Bank must compensate customers, says Central Bank

Unprecedented in Irish banking?? I was under the impression that this was unprecedented worldwide, or did I get that wrong?

Ulster Bank customers have had problems with their account balances updating since the hitches began on June 19, which also caused chaos for people who bank with NatWest and Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), which are part of the same banking group.

RBS Group has had greater difficulty restoring the problems for Ulster Bank customers than the other two banks, but it said that the speed with which it has been able to bring accounts up-to-date has increased significantly in recent days.

Ulster Bank customers could be compensated but more delays ahead

No change to my accounts since yesterday, still waiting on the payments due on the 28th and the 1st and another one due tomorrow, won't be holding my breath for that one to appear either

I've switched to AIB for now, only because I already have an account there but I won't be staying with them either, so hopefully from next week I will receive any payments on time unless it's all gone tits up by then
at least then everyone gets to share in the misery

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I really think this is something other then some fat finger deleting files 3-4 times in a row. I dont like this one bit. its gone on to long to be some error. Really, back log is the problem. We are working with computers here that can calculate numbers fast and this is only simple debts and credits. A "backlog" for a computer would be Trillions of numbers and if that would only take a few hours to sort out.

sorry might be hard to read. feeling the affects of to much partying on the 4th of july.
edit on 5-7-2012 by camaro68ss because: to much party time.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join