It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Continue To Ignore Warning From China To Address Its Structural Debt Problems

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Australia has a distinct harsh feeling dryness in alot of it.

Yeah, a bit like ATS at times.

It does seam that it is not the America bashing that really sets the posters off as there is already heaps of that on these boards, but comparing the US to China. This adversarial and competitive mentality or culture is a problem as the wars carry on. There are just too many issues between these nations that can easily side track the debates, as censorship getting brought up as just one of many examples. So it is good to see you focusing on just one issue at a time.

I have respected the official Chinese perspective when they do slam the US economy as they do have a lot of common sense and economic responsibility in their statements, but it is a really easy target these days. Finding the right answers for the US to get out is a very difficult one though.

So before we replace the union jack with the red star on our flag, are there any changes you would make in how the Yuan is managed? How would you suggest we make the transition? Just close the doors on the Reserve Bank and open up a Bank of China outlet? What repercussions would their be for our Government? What if we just get a couple of Chinese economists on our Reserve Bank Board? Or do you just want to shut down Canberra and let Beijing run the show?

To be realistic Australia is to remain self governed without a lot of blood shed. But our economic and foreign relations are always in discussion. Generalisations in national direction are just going to result in bla, bla match. If there are any specific policy issues then lets talk.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by Gridrebel
And this is because China treats it's citizens sooooo well, has an upstanding government policy, commits no crimes and is in no way corrupt. Yeahh right!

They are no worse than the US.

The US has no excuse. Having tent cities in America is a horrible thing to see.

China is way worse than the USA. If you dont't believe it, move there.

ETA I don't see a mass exit to China. Just sayin.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

It seems to me that china is trying to work with the IMF. They seem to be taking an 'if you cant beat em, join em' approach similar to how China and Russia have used the UN to their advantage even though if we be honest, the UN/NATO has always been nothing more than a front for the US Government. The US throws in the most cash for a reason. Same thing with the IMF. So China and Russia play their game so they can beat them at it. You see now with the Syria situation, the Americans no longer like the rules that they created for themselves. Now they are trying to look for some 'humanitarian' fine print bs to go around Russia. They are also using the media to attack Russia. The days of the UN are numbered because America has lost its power.

I think that the BRICS will make linking a currency to something other than the US more attractive as their BRICS Bank developes. They are already trading between themselves and avoiding the dollar. The South American nations of ALBA are going aroun=d the dollar and developing the SUCRE. They will not be issuing bills in SUCRE, it will instead be used for electronic payment, and each nation can withdraw the equivalent in its own currency.

In the short term I think Australia should follow the lead of the BRICS and help them destroy the USD. China and the BRICS work with the US and their fronts officially, but unofficially it is clear what they are doing. Our alliance with the US makes it impossible to back the BRICS openly. I think it will get easier and easier though.

I have a thread on what will replace the dollar. Some think a 'basket reserve'. Some think China will control it. If I was running Australia I would send the American military home and seek an alliance with the BRICS. They would love to have us. BRICSA would be unstoppable.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I know the US is troubled, but I am not quite ready to fully write it off. If Ron Paul can get the top seat then there is a clear mandate for economic reform and war reduction. Leaving the US to descend into martial law and civil war it just promoting the same conflict we are against. I am not sure who Ron wants to lead the economic reform, but we should talk to him. We should also keep up to speed with what BRIC is doing as there will be some backlash here in Australia when it is time for America to clean up. But I am sure we are as the G20 is now running the IMF. It has only been a year or two since ownership was transferred from the Council of Foreign Relations, this was a good day for global harmony and it will take some time to smooth out operating procedures.

As for what would be really unstoppable is restoring trust amongst all the nations of the world.
edit on 21-6-2012 by kwakakev because: added 'and it will take some time to smooth out operating procedures.'

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Germs anti-american threads make me LOL. Yes having Communist China running things would be great for Austraila..... if they want to buy kangaroos...

5pooky - American and former US Army. PS you are welcome for not having to type your gibberish in German or Japanese

edit on 21-6-2012 by 5pooky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Huh, what structural debt problem >?
the only thing that can be done is to inflate the debt away - the trick is to do it in a way that doesnt start WWIII. and since thats already baked into the cake already in Agenda21 .... ah! What Debt Problem... ?

sheeh! dont tell anyone but in 2014 there will only be one currency - and It would not surprise me if it was US$
edit on 21-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
The US dollar didn't become the reserve because America wanted it to. It became the reserve because people use it. Everywhere.

China has no more right to tell the American government what to do than we do them.

One word. Tibet.

Yeh! you tell em dorkfish87. Yeh, get the f$$k out of Tibet you capitalist/communist bastards!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Let's make this topic all about you OP, this is a rant more than anything. Seems hypocritical that you point the finger at the US but really those issues you address are secondary to "you".
edit on 6/21/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The idea that America is a monster is something that I mostly agree with. The problem I have is so is China. Government in general is the enemy. Our government, your government, their government, all government.

Adopting a 1 world currency would be absolutely terrible and more consolidation of power into fewer hands.

Germanicus you are out to lunch, no offense, sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. China is no better than US, in fact, they would be much worse.

Something needs to be done to reign in the destruction of the world being done by the international banking cabal and the elitist, but you have offered no viable solutions, things would only get worse under your suggestions.

I suggest that you are on the right path, but your solutions are terrible. Time to get back to the drawing board.
edit on 23-6-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join