It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you not like this song?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Yes,I'm just like haha this is someone elses song. Yeah I used to listen to alot of dance music back in the days of my youth. I knew it was a rip off right away.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

I am very angry at my eldest son's school for including this song, free of charge, on a CD of similar songs.

He brought it home on one of the last days to remember the "hits" of tha 2011-12 school year.

I have a hard enough time keeping him away from video games and the likes, and am currently looking into private and or home-schooling.

I don't need him learning what is cool from the ever confused J-lo or Pitbull for that matter.

Yes, it may be fun in the right context. For adults actually at a night club on the floor. But to glamorize for all is wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchesfromwall
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

I am very angry at my eldest son's school for including this song, free of charge, on a CD of similar songs.

He brought it home on one of the last days to remember the "hits" of tha 2011-12 school year.

I have a hard enough time keeping him away from video games and the likes, and am currently looking into private and or home-schooling.

I don't need him learning what is cool from the ever confused J-lo or Pitbull for that matter.

Yes, it may be fun in the right context. For adults actually at a night club on the floor. But to glamorize for all is wrong.

I don't know, I don't have children so I don't know what it's like to be in protective mode. It seems to me though, that trying to keep kids away from something makes them want it even more. I think if a parent has done the right things, they wouldn't need to worry about J-LO teaching their kids anything other than what a thumpin' beat sounds like. And maybe, how to let the hair down and have a little fun amidst all the seriousness of the day. As a parent, you do have the right to shield your children from whatever evils you might perceive in the world. Context, is everything. What is the down-side to letting your kids listen to dance music?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Trust me I went to the worst schools, hung around with the worst crowd (I was 12 with 18+ year old friends) and I had Eminem on replay (Marshal Mathers LP). By the time I got to 18 my whole view of the world changed and I sort of out grew things a little quickly, and I'm glad I did. I'm pretty decent right now, rarely club or drink or cause any sorts of chaos.

Let your son be, just make sure he can differentiate right from wrong and let him learn all his mistakes at a younger age. You don't want a 30 year old acting like he's 15. Home schooling may cause depression, let him mingle and play him some of your older records.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join