It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you not like this song?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
U wanna feel something plug in some a subwoofer and some good speakers and enjoy

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
U wanna feel something plug in some a subwoofer and some good speakers and enjoy

cant tell what it is ~ what is it?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

How could you like this song?

Maybe you could tell me what you *don't* like about it?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
reply to post by Mr Headshot

if you haven't listened to Clutch before, do yourself a solid and check them out.

agreed

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No, I love Frank Sinatra and Pantera.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
I hate Pitbull with a passion, he's plastic....

Edit: Here's the original song J.Lo and Pitbull turned into garbage
, Yes we're OG like that.

edit on 19-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

Wow, that's awesome! I had no idea it was a remake of another song! That version is also quite excellent, thank you for sharing that! What do you mean Pitbull is plastic ~ hate is a pretty strong word!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That (J Lo) song is absolute s#ite.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Hephaestus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

No, I love Frank Sinatra and Pantera.

hahah right on! that's a pretty decent range right there! i don't really know either of them musically, maybe ill have to check 'em out! *skull and bones rules with VUZE*, right? haha

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's one of those songs where when you're in a bar and a club you're dancing having a good time then it comes on and you just completely lose your high and just stop all together... Kinda like listening to some hard trance and the song Oops I did it again from britney spears comes on...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hephaestus
That (J Lo) song is absolute s#ite.

are you sure?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If u listen to it with some hq sound/headphoness ull see what I'm talking about

(Felix the housecat- kickdrum)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
It's one of those songs where when you're in a bar and a club you're dancing having a good time then it comes on and you just completely lose your high and just stop all together... Kinda like listening to some hard trance and the song Oops I did it again from britney spears comes on...

but that would be the bar or club owner's fault for not having a *sense of continuity*...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Pitbull does not possess the ability to sell more than 250,000 records on his own because frankly he isn't very gifted, hence getting featured over the last 2 years of his career and not releasing any singles. In other words he sucks, does this help justify my hate for him?

Another reason I hated the song was because the song they sampled was a big hit. At times it's frustrating listening to newer artists 'stealing' (Don't mention royalties it's still theft to me) old songs just for some easy cheap recognition i.e Flo Rida - Right round/turn around/ Good feeling/Sugar (You have no idea how painful this is lol) . People like J.Lo barely do anything, they get their beats produced for them, their songs written, their dances choreographed etc, I really think you need to broaden your music and dig deep.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I like a lot of classic rock, but my favorite newer song..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow

Pitbull does not possess the ability to sell more than 250,000 records on his own because frankly he isn't very gifted, hence getting featured over the last 2 years of his career and not releasing any singles. In other words he sucks, does this help justify my hate for him?

Another reason I hated the song was because the song they sampled was a big hit. At times it's frustrating listening to newer artists 'stealing' (Don't mention royalties it's still theft to me) old songs just for some easy cheap recognition i.e Flo Rida - Right round/turn around/ Good feeling/Sugar (You have no idea how painful this is lol) . People like J.Lo barely do anything, they get their beats produced for them, their songs written, their dances choreographed etc, I really think you need to broaden your music and dig deep.

This is my favorite song:

I wouldn't want to hate anything! What would that say about me?
"i know the pieces fit
cuz i watched them fall away"

I like to think my range of music is huge, sometimes I listen to Immortal Technique, and sometimes I listen to Katy Perry.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

This.

It's the same with most of the major label music. Country and rock are no different. Rock bands may write their own songs but they get told what to write and how to do it. There's a formula to all music, it's just that major labels use the same formula.

Take sappy pop songs, and country, for example.

You get

Verse
Chorus
Verse
Chorus
EPIC SOUNDING BRIDGE PART that's supposed to heighten the tension
music drops out leaving the vocals mostly alone for a quiet version of the chorus
drum fill
2nd half of the chorus but with loud music
repeat chorus til whenever
end song.

www.youtube.com...

That's one example, I can't think of any others because I don't listen to that stuff.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You haven't really listened to Tool have you?

You like what comes on the radio, it seems.

Here:

There is so much Tool that is so much more enjoyable than Schizm, it's not a bad song, by any means. You should really listen to Lateralus in its entirety though.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I appreciate artists that take their time and actually do more than putting their voices on a beat and calling the song theirs. Country/Rock usually play in bands and I respect that. As for modern hip hop, they hardly do anything. Flo Rida's carrier is over and so is pit bulls thus the need to try make a name for themselves or cash in using old songs that were hits in the 80's and early 90's.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

trust me on this, thanks to the miracle of internet and dc++, i've heard more than my share of TOOL. I think they are the greatest thing since GOD talked to Moses.

does that surprise you, that I can GO from this:

to this:

edit on 19-6-2012 by ELectricalApprentice because: low voltage protection

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join