It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why I hate evolution..

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
reply to post by iIuminaIi

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm no expert. I'm a stand-up comedian and writer. I just payed attention in class.

You, on the other hand, must be a scholar of, you know...something.

I'm NOBODY

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
was not fact but rather speculative

Yes that was my point it's all SPECULATIVE.
The Poseidon / mermaid theory has just as much, if not
more rationality then the monkey theory.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Science being called irrational is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Please, keep typing. I need more giggles in my day.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

Science is not irrational.Some models of science is irrational.You need to eliminate the models.

For example :

Theory of evolution

edit on 19-6-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tbrooks76

Why I HATE STUPIDITY!

Everyone passes it off as FACT when it is only a THEORY that I HATE STUPIDITY! In FACT the FACTS are a FACT that it is a THEORY that SHEEP that EVOLVED from STUPID PEOPLE...through a PROCESS OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN STUPIDITY that THEORY OF STUPIDITY IS A FACT based on.....

This is what my eyes and mind see and think when I see a topic or post such as this.
Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This # makes my head hurt.

Here is the bottom line, folks: all the evidence in the world vs. an old book of myths. If you choose to believe in the old book of myths, then by all means, be my guest, enjoy yourself -- your delusion is none of my business.

But, be aware that when you try to argue the unarguable, it is very obvious to everyone else what an idiot you are.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Honestly , what is better ? a lie that draws a smile ? or a truth that draws a tear ?

It doesn't matter, let us all-just "Chill Out"

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by iIuminaIi

Originally posted by BagBing

Still a "Theory"

Wake me up when the table turns like this - > "Fact Of Evolution"

Well , its only a theory

Evolution is a fact. Modern evolutionary synthesis is the leading theory which best describes this fact.

What's so hard to understand?

How is it a Fact ? Prove it

Evolution is a fact!

You might not like it because of your religious brainwashing...but that doesn't change the fact that the theory is fact

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Evolution stopped being a Theory a long time ago. Even the Vatican Science Team has confirmed it as a fact. I remember the Italian Media Headlines when Pope John Paul II...stated that GOD had created the Universe by the process of Evolution. The Media Headlines Screamed....POPE SAY'S WE CAME FROM MONKEY'S!

This is the stupidity that must be overcome as far as this topic is concerned. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
A few words to creationists.

As far as I know we don't know what caused inorganic chemistry to become organic. But once that step was done, the scientific model of evolution is able to explain what happened after that. The theory has stood the test of time mainly because it is based in causal logic. Simply said: one thing leads to another ...

An honest god forbids his followers to lie. If you truly believe in god's commandments you must seek the truth. If one keeps denying what is on display in most museums of natural history one is a liar, or blind to the truth. Both circumstances would make it difficult, theoretically speaking, to enter god's heaven. Please consider that when you keep denying what is evident.

Evolution does not deal with the creation of life. Many people confuse the issue. As I have stated: science doesn't explain what created "life". Therefore "god", the unmoved mover, is still in play. Science only deals with causal systems. They can be very complex, as in chaotic systems like the weather, but nevertheless the same underlying principle applies: one thing causes another to react.

The nature of god, as far as I can tell, evades that principle. God is an "unmoved mover" whose actions are caused by nothing. This principle is beyond the realm of science at this point. And that is also precisely why science is moot about what happened at the time of the big bang. There was no time, there was no space. So nothing can be said in scientific terms.

As a side note: many people used to think (and still think) that we have a "mind", or a "soul" that is in charge of our behaviour as a human being. Religion clearly states that there is an afterlife where our "souls" will go after death. Neuroscience has pretty much "debunked" that notion. The brain itself is capable of creating all the phenomena that we normally associate with a "soul". Maybe this is foretelling about the ultimate question of the origin of life ... ?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Grumble

Honestly , what is better ? a lie that draws a smile ? or a truth that draws a tear ?

It doesn't matter, let us all-just "Chill Out"

If I understand you correctly, and it is late on the west coast, you endorse Karl Marx' statement that religion is a drug, an opiate for the masses?

It does matter to me if I believe in a sweet addictive lie, or an inconvenient harsh truth. I'd take the red pill on any day ...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

I agree. I'd rather Houdini show me that the psychics were just taking me for my money than let me keep feeding the trolls just to make my grieving a little easier.

www.freethunk.net...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Every single time Evolutionist defend themselves from attacks,they will simply say you do not understand science.All you do is observe science with your own eyes and learn about it.
A chimp that shares 98% of DNA with humans somehow tells evolution we evovled from ape like men.All it tells me is chimps and humans have DNA that is 98% match.I think it is common sense that humans and cats and dogs would never have this kind of match on DNA,because they walk on 4 legs and other 2 legs.
Why I think this crap comes down to common sense and has a lot of BS all through it.
Chimps and apes resemble humans more than dogs and cats people.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

That is possibly one of the most ignorant, uneducated and downright ridiculous posts I have ever read on any website, ever, period.....

PA
edit on 20-6-2012 by PerfectAnomoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by iWantToBeelieve

Lol @ all these blind people in here attacking you. They talk about a theory, as if it is fact. These evolutionists need to realize their evolution theory, is as far fetched as us believers in God. To base a belief on a theory, not facts, sound a little bit like religion, does it not? Evolutionists have created their own religion, and it has its own god, "science". These people.... lol. Somebody needs to switch on our junk DNA and fast, to save these retards.

God help us! (Irony)...

I also now officially give up with these threads.... ignorance is a powerful ally... downright blatant denial of facts is rife and I just can't compete with that....

PA

PA

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf
There is just as much proof to say that humans evolved from mermaids, Poseidon and dolphins
Animal Planet - Mermaid - Body Found (Part 1)
& evolution :
www.youtube.com...

This makes more sense then monkey evolution

To be more specific...makes more sense to you.

Which means, as we knew all along, no proof.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

i love how everyone claims facts yet give none, you ats'ers are an ignorant bunch!
edit on 20-6-2012 by iWantToBeelieve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

another wannabe ANON, who does nothing yet makes claims as if they're ATS gods or something lol. I love this cute online culture. If you're a so called hacker, do something good for the world, get evidence. Don't complain on stupid conspiracy theory websites like us losers, makes you a loser just like us, if not an even bigger one!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by iWantToBeelieve

Read a biology textbook.

It shouldn't be our job to give every new poster a crash course in Evolutionary Theory.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by iWantToBeelieve

Where did I claim facts but give none?

One question for you sir.... if you don't mind?

I fear I may be flogging a dead horse so to speak.. But here we go..

In the human body, the nerve that extends from the back Of the voice box, goes down the neck, round a major ventricule of the heart, then back up the neck to connect to the brain. Now, this route is obviously not logical, and to design this feature, would be ridiculous, and certainly not the actions of an omnipotent being... Now, here's the clincher... This feature is also present in the giraffe, it still has the convoluted route, which is about 6m in this instance! This feature originally comes from fish, and is still present in mammals from when the evolutionary tree split. You see, in fish, this route is actually the shortest route possible for the nerve.

Now, this isn't proof.... But it's certainly strong evidence... Which is all we can provide. Any comments on this strange arrangement of anotomical elements??

PA

edit on 20-6-2012 by PerfectAnomoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Why I HATE STUPIDITY!

We all hate stupidity. But ignorance is not the same thing as stupidity because ignorance can be fixed. Like taking 30 seconds to learn the difference between regular and scientific theory.

Theory (regular): An idea linking facts to one another but based on speculation.

My theory is that anyone should be able to find a job after getting a degree.

Theory (scientific): A set of rules explaining observed phenomenon rooted in fact.

Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity draws upon the principle that light has a speed limit.

I hate ignorance. Now your ignorance is fixed.

edit on 20-6-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: funky code

edit on 20-6-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join