It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why I hate evolution..

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Tbrooks76

I know life is everywhere, but I dough it created itself and there is no evidence any where for that. If you believe it did you're taking it on faith. I admit there is alot you have to take it on Faith when it comes to creation too, but then I don't go around putting creation into science books and passing it off as a factual theory that become required learning in public schools.

That has the be the most hilarious post I've ever read. Honestly... first you accuse us of "taking it on faith". Don't make me laugh, there is countless piles of evidence to support evolution. In fact we can even witness evolution in real time amongst fast breeding organisms such as bacteria, in such cases as when they become immune to our vaccines. Physical changes have even been noted in larger animals such as rabbits. Of course these are what one might call "micro-evolutionary" changes... but guess what, given thousands and millions and even billions of years those changes build up into HUGE changes, which is how real full scale evolution takes place. And yes you religious people do go putting your theories into books, it's called the Bible... and you proclaim every word to be the gospel truth, and then you travel around the world forcing people to hear said truth because it's your mission to teach them about the word of God.
edit on 18/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Yep. I can't wait until enough Baby Boomers die off so that we have a realistic shot of moving to a secular state. Granted...insanity knows no limit to a generational demographic...but in practice how many GenX or later people do you know who run around thumping their bible.?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

You obviously do not even understand evolution, or any of these other scientific theories that you have amalgamated.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by luciddream

ok i see,,,,,, I still dont get how they banded together to create large organism,,, with many parts and jobs and complexities..... wouldnt it have to come all together first.... or this is like what came first chicken or the egg,, all evolution was because a female beared a fetus with a mutation,,,,,,and this work is down on a small level,,, its why we start off very small and all the details are done and established as a fetus... ,,,,, like do all the cells in your body belong to you and your family by dna? or are they just separate organisms along for the ride?

Actually...these are very, very, easy questions that science has had answered for well over 100 years.

1. The egg came first. Significant genetic mutation itself occurs in the zygote and embryo of organisms. How those genes are EXPRESSED (i.e. "turned on" or "activated") is largely the result of environmental factors...which in turn gets communicated to that differentiated organisms own offspring. There really isn't much mystery to it anymore.

2. The process of evolution doesn't happen "all at once". A billion paramecium don't get together and decide they are all simultaneously decide to become one entity. Rather...a single celled organism first begins working as part of a large system of other single-celled organisms. Algae often works this way as it tends to form in "clumps". Over time the algae becomes lichen in dryer areas. It's a cooperative organism...in which each cell is essentially identical. There is no specialization of cells. At some point lichen became moss which only has a few types of specialized cells and so on and so on.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by MrXYZ

ok thats awesome,,,, thanks for all those sources and info......... the similarities and trends are astounding,,,,, the idea of sharing duties,, and cooperation,,, community of life...... we are amplified, complexified versions of the originals,.,..,.,. its one big real time experiment,,,, experiment with forms and functions,, shapes,,, for betters and for worse,,,, for techniques,,,,,

more clearly what i mean by this,,,,,, is those cells used each other to do duties for the greater good of them all...

like humans work together to form cities for the greater good of them all,,,,, they do less work each,,, a concentration of work with common plans and goals,,,, and everyone benefits.
edit on 18-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

Yep....you got it

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tbrooks76

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Yes, a common ancestor...you know...first life!! It doesn't make any statements regarding how that first life came to be

You only have two options, it created itself or it was created it. That it's what other option do you have

OK. It created itself....just like we can replicate in a lab at will today.

So now what? You're ready to throw the bible in the trash and buy an "I Love Darwin" shirt?

Or are you just going to keep stomping your feet and saying "there's no proof...there's no proof"?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Still a "Theory"

Wake me up when the table turns like this - > "Fact Of Evolution"

Well , its only a theory

edit on 19-6-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by iIuminaIi
Still a "Theory"

Well , its only a theory

Evolution is a fact. Modern evolutionary synthesis is the leading theory which best describes this fact.

What's so hard to understand?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The only reason it’s a theory is

Because they have no proof. (evolution)
edit on 19-6-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

The only reason it’s a theory is

Because they have no proof. (evolution)
edit on 19-6-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

Wrong.

The reason it's a theory is because there's a massive amount of data to back it up. That's how something becomes a scientific theory.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I suggest you go learn a little about the theory of evolution before you waste anymore time trying to prove it wrong, and I stress waste and trying heavily....

Why don't you educate us then genius. We don't come here to learn about smart ass comments.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

Do you even know what a theory is? It's basically just someone saying this is the most likely scenario....but in reality....THEY DONT KNOW.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

chemistry.about.com...

Theory
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing

Originally posted by iIuminaIi
Still a "Theory"

Well , its only a theory

Evolution is a fact. Modern evolutionary synthesis is the leading theory which best describes this fact.

What's so hard to understand?

How is it a Fact ? Prove it

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by BagBing

Do you even know what a theory is? It's basically just someone saying this is the most likely scenario....but in reality....THEY DONT KNOW.

In modern science the term "theory", or "scientific theory" is generally understood to refer to a proposed explanation of empirical phenomena, made in a way consistent with scientific method. Such theories are preferably described in such a way that any scientist in the field is in a position to understand and either provide empirical support ("verify") or empirically contradict ("falsify") it.

A common distinction made in science is between theories and hypotheses. Hypotheses are individual empirically testable conjectures; while theories are collections of hypotheses that are logically linked together into a coherent explanation of some aspect of reality and which have individually or jointly received empirical support.

See, that wasn't hard, was it?

edit on 19-6-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

If it was TESTED, then why is it a hypothesis...because they dont know just like I said earlier. Why don't you look up the definition for hypothesis and post it on here for us.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Those who side with science, yet still test to see if it's still true, are skeptics

Those who never agree with science, no matter how much testing has been done to not disprove, are deniers.

rationalwiki.org...

Denialism is the culture of denying an established fact; when a person or group refuses to believe or accept a theory, law, fact or evidence of a well established discipline in an authoritative way.

rationalwiki.org...

Skepticism (or scepticism) is the noble art of constantly questioning and doubting claims and assertions, and holding the accumulation of evidence as of fundamental importance. It forms part of the scientific method, which requires relentless testing and reviewing of claimed facts and theories.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

Yeah those are just fancy words to say, we don't know what were talking about when it comes to theories.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

If it was TESTED, then why is it a hypothesis...because they dont know just like I said earlier. Why don't you look up the definition for hypothesis and post it on here for us.

It's not called the hypothesis of evolution now is it? It's a theory, emotionalpants.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

And what is a theory....AN IDEA. A hypothesis is an educated guess nothing more. Which puts them both in the same boat. So have a nice day with your fantasy evolution.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

reply to post by BagBing

...we don't know what were talking about when it comes to theories.

It's very apparent you don't know.

Theories are our best descriptions of observed phenomena. Note the word 'observed'.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join