It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama plays 100th round of golf as president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

President Obama spent part of Father's Day at one of his favorite places -- the golf course.

He also hit a milestone.

Obama played the 100th round of golf of his presidency Sunday, spending nearly five hours at the Beverly Country Club in Chicago with two old friends and an aide.

100 rounds of golf

Really? How can any president justify doing this? I know everyone needs time off, but when you esentially only have to work for 4 to 8 more years after being elected, shouldn't you just buck up and get some stuff done. Maybe I'm just cranky cuz I don't get to go golf or do whatever.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You can't expect him to "get stuff done" 24/7, he deserves leisure time too. Not a big deal.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Maybe if you could show that his 100 rounds is excessive compared with past presidents the thread would go somewhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Really? How can any president justify doing this?

Why shouldn't he play golf on Father's Day?

Is the number of golf rounds our most accurate way to measure what a president gets done? That's ridiculous! It's stupid. Let the man play golf. He's gotten plenty done considering the obstructions of the GOP he's faced at EVERY SINGLE TURN.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Oh no...the President has a hobby...how dare he

And according to you...it seems he spends a ton of time on this hobby. So 100 rounds of golf...let's say he takes his time and relaxes and it takes 5 hours per round. 500 hours in 3.5 year of golf...that is 1.6% of his time playing golf.

Oh no...it's a national tragedy

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I get why so many presidents seem to like playing golf. Just imagine you're whacking the head of the person you hate at the moment. It's a great way to let off steam!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Was he playing golf with his kids??

... must be as good at being a father as he is at running a country

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
that is 1.6% of his time playing golf.

Don't forget to add all the time he's spent clearing brush... Oh, wait, wrong guy...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
So, each round takes about 4 hours.

400 hours of Golf.
35,000 hours in 4 years.

Take from it what you will.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I know it isn't that much time in the big scheme of things, but I think he could be spending that time doing something more important. He could use it to write personal letters to soldiers, or the families of soldiers that are fighting and dying for the U.S. overseas.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I know people who play over 100 rounds of golf per year, much less over three and a half years. Get over it!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I know it isn't that much time in the big scheme of things, but I think he could be spending that time doing something more important.

When you get to be president, you can choose how you spend your spare time, how 'bout that?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Obama has nothin on Eisenhower in the golfing department.

This is not political madness.
This is someone upset over the president refining his approach shot

new topics

top topics

join