It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Needs To Get Out - You MUST See This - China's Deep Water Horizon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
theres one of the old treads about it
edit on 18-6-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Makes the Exxon Valdez Spill look like a kindergarden pool party.
This needs World Wide Media Attention NOW !!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

This too awful to complete.

We really must do something to take care f this precious planet. There are not to many around in our locality.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So let me get this rite, there's been two oil spills. One in 2010 and one in 2011
Way to go China

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrog77
So let me get this rite, there's been two oil spills. One in 2010 and one in 2011
Way to go China

I think this is the 2010 spill being posted as a new one.. Not sure though.. Not done any checking yet to find out. Either way, it would not shock me if a new spill.

Damn near everything on this Globe has a radioactive glow already.. Maybe some oil will cut down the glare?

Gaia needs to shake us Earthlings off like a bad case of fleas!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here's the one from 2011 www.guardian.co.uk...
One's enough but to have two in two years is unforgivable.

edit on 18-6-2012 by scrog77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Tianjin Times Online News about 18:50 on the evening of July 16, Development Zone, Dalian City, Liaoning Province, the new town in the oil pipeline explosion cause a fire. Dalian to start the red emergency plan, the 2000 officers and men to deal with emergencies. Preliminary identification of the accident in Dalian, a foreign tanker unloading caused a pipeline explosion.

Link to news site the above translation is from.

This is from July 17, 2010 best as I can tell and I see someone linked the other thread.

Strangely the environmental activists always ignore the real threats and direct their lunacy at only the US for the most part. Truth is the US has made tremendous leaps in cleaning up the environment since my youth. It just keep improving here, but the fanatics simply don't give a damn about facts. Got to keep the kiddies scared and the money rolling in while at the same time completely ignoring the real threats like China. They like China so it's OK with them whatever China does. At least they give me that impression. The net result is rational people think them kooks and ignore them.

Since this was a quickly contained fire and the pipeline was shut down quickly, to compare this to the BP Spill is not honest.

The real story in China are the old style coal fired plants they built by the scores, creating a permanent brown cloud visible on satellite images. That combined with the countries south of them that still use wood adding to the mess. If the environmental groups were for real that's where they would be focuses their attention.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I barely got past the pics!!! Holy hell!! What is going on! I really don't know what to say. This should be all over the news! TY OP for bringing this to our attention. Now, on to read all the replies....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Tianjin Times Online News about 18:50 on the evening of July 16, Development Zone, Dalian City, Liaoning Province, the new town in the oil pipeline explosion cause a fire. Dalian to start the red emergency plan, the 2000 officers and men to deal with emergencies. Preliminary identification of the accident in Dalian, a foreign tanker unloading caused a pipeline explosion.

Link to news site the above translation is from.

This is from July 17, 2010 best as I can tell and I see someone linked the other thread.

Strangely the environmental activists always ignore the real threats and direct their lunacy at only the US for the most part. Truth is the US has made tremendous leaps in cleaning up the environment since my youth. It just keep improving here, but the fanatics simply don't give a damn about facts. Got to keep the kiddies scared and the money rolling in while at the same time completely ignoring the real threats like China. They like China so it's OK with them whatever China does. At least they give me that impression. The net result is rational people think them kooks and ignore them.

Since this was a quickly contained fire and the pipeline was shut down quickly, to compare this to the BP Spill is not honest.

The real story in China are the old style coal fired plants they built by the scores, creating a permanent brown cloud visible on satellite images. That combined with the countries south of them that still use wood adding to the mess. If the environmental groups were for real that's where they would be focuses their attention.

Clean up? That's a laugh.. My sister lives in New Port Richie Florida area and was telling me of how they have a crew that comes in every morning at 3am to clean the touristy portion of the beach and blocking access beyond the cleaned areas. She was telling me, a friend of hers works on the crew and explained to her that his boots are black with gunk every time they 'rake' the beach. If strays are caught wondering off the assigned area, they receive a hefty fine and jail for those with cameras trying to document the mess. Basically, that.. Sure they clean the beach but, what good does that do when the ocean is toast?

As she put it. "Anything from the gulf is now rotten, we can eat glowing pacific crab or eyeless shrimp from the gulf. Makes my mouth water!"

I fear anything short of benevolent aliens or Angels will leave us in the same boat. The clean up is beyond our potential. Earth is groaning in agony.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What the Freak is going on over there!?

We need ways to get that oil out of the water and fast.

It's not worth a PS3 or a DS or a 3DS or Laptops, Ipones, Xboxes, or anything else plastic is worth to destroy our home.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jar11
My god that makes me ill! China is one of the most censored countries in the world, it's not a surprise this isn't all over the news. This does need to spread though and quickly! Have you submitted these to any western media outlets?

According to this thread we are all supposed to be welcoming to China taking over the world, because everyone hates America...

Anyway... Some more details on what happened after with this would be nice...
edit on 18-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Another one:

Luan said the job would be finished in four to five days at best.

A total of 280 tonnes of oil has been collected by the local fishery department, and another 180 tonnes has been collected by the oceanic department, Luo said.

But the total amount of oil spilled into the sea remained unknown, he said.

A large quantity of oil spill dispersant and absorption felt have been shipped in from Tianjin and Shandong Province, maritime officials said.

Fire engulfed the harbor Friday evening, after an oil pipeline exploded and triggered an adjacent pipeline to explode as well. Flames raged for 15 hours before they were extinguished Saturday morning. No one was hurt in the explosions or subsequent fire.

A team was established Sunday morning to investigate the incident.

news.xinhuanet.com...
edit on 18-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yeah this happens but us western countries do the most polluting in the world.

DWH was bad.. but it was still ONE major instance.. and the was mostly because they were in deep water and the only way to fix it was with RC subs.

China is one if the biggest polluters in the world, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, yet our government wants US to drive less etc.. all the while nothing is being done to china.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Clean up? That's a laugh.. My sister lives in New Port Richie Florida area and was telling me of how they have a crew that comes in every morning at 3am to clean the touristy portion of the beach and blocking access beyond the cleaned areas. She was telling me, a friend of hers works on the crew and explained to her that his boots are black with gunk every time they 'rake' the beach. If strays are caught wondering off the assigned area, they receive a hefty fine and jail for those with cameras trying to document the mess. Basically, that.. Sure they clean the beach but, what good does that do when the ocean is toast?

As she put it. "Anything from the gulf is now rotten, we can eat glowing pacific crab or eyeless shrimp from the gulf. Makes my mouth water!"

I fear anything short of benevolent aliens or Angels will leave us in the same boat. The clean up is beyond our potential. Earth is groaning in agony.

weird, me and my dad just returned from fishing all along the coast. started near cape san blas, and ended near fort myers. we went through new port Richey. and didnt see anything that is close to what you described...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
China tried to cover up the second Oil spill in June of last year also... they did a good job at censoring what was available tho, as this is the first time i had heard of either of them

Its obvious they tried to cover it up to keep its clean sheet on pollution in check

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nice Catch , Op..

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
your right we need to help our planet we are destroying our beutiful home we need to make a difference as soon as possible, even little things can help like recycling waste

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Geez, you all act so programmed. You see a few pictures and instantly you're buying to to the hype. Do any of you think for yourselves or even attempt to seek out the truth? For people who claim to be above brainwashing and indoctrination, you all seem so willing to accept whatever story your told, as long as it has emotional pictures with it.

This. ATS - Deny Ignorance. Yet it has the most dense individuals I've seen on the internet. It hurts to read replies sometimes.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
it's an accident. oil is natural and floats on top of the water, so it won't kill marine life except some unfortunate birds on the surface.

hardly a threat to the existence of earth.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join