It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Satan, and Game Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

The problem with your theory is in fact... the bible isn't "Gods word"...

But his word can be found within...

Anyone who believes it is "Gods word" is only fooling themselfs in my humble opinion

edit on 17-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

It's not a theory, it's a logical argument.

The notion that the Bible "contains" God's word is a nice thought. I could also say ATS contains God's word.

The point is that game theory kind of proves the Bible can't be God's word.

i would hardly say it "proves" anything honestly... but its not hard to prove to anyone that isn't brainwashed by their religion that the bible isn't Gods word... Though on the same line of thinking... i could also show someone thats truely seeking where to find Gods word within the bible.

Ask yourself a question... Lets assume "God and satan" exist...

God created all.... including satan...

How can the "created" oppose its creator?

Would that not be similar to an ant within the confines of the "ant farm" attempting to overthrow the owner of said farm?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

the reason Satan wanted to go against God was because of jealousy.. jealousy that he didnt have the kind of power that God did..
I dont know what Satan would even gain even IF he did overthrow God.. which to me is something that is impossible.. I look at it like this.. if you take away the creator of everything.. then everything in existence would fall.. all of time would turn to nothing.. i might describe it as if it were a life in limbo.. but it wouldnt even be that.. it would be absolute nothingness??!
Thats kind of trippy to think about.. but yeah.. I dont see what Satan is trying to accomplish.. He is trying to take Gods role over so that he may have the kind of power God does? Thats the only way i can think of why Satan would want to do something like that.. but idk..
haha

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You bring up a good point. I could never get over the fact that "God" created and empowered the "Devil". If "God" is "God" he would have foreseen what "Satan" would do and decided that that was the best thing to happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Supportable through the book of Job. Job's whole "torture" was due to Satan's "wager" with God.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Opfor

Not quite. This is working under the assumption that God wants 24/7 perfection, instead of end results.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by willrush

I look at it like this.. if you take away the creator of everything.. then everything in existence would fall.. all of time would turn to nothing.. i might describe it as if it were a life in limbo.. but it wouldnt even be that.. it would be absolute nothingness??!

You might notice everything in the physical world does "fall" so to speak...

Eventually everything is broken down into its basic elements... this is the nature of the physical world... chaos and destruction...

Luckily... we are more then just meat

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think the idea of mankind's fall from god,,,, ( fallen angel)

is the fact that humans have unbelievable potential to be kind, compassionate, caring and loving... and we are born onto this earth to potentially loving parents,, who must love us so we may grow and take a part in the world,,, but we forget that at all moments it is only humans and humans,,,, the same spirit within us all to do good, and to love one another,,,, our forgetting that notion,, or disobeying it or ignoring it,, is our fall,,,, we are born pure angels,,, but fall for lusts and greed and sin,,,,

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

If he wanted results then he could have made every thing the way he wanted in the first place.
The game of "God" is the game of circular logic. no one can "win" the argument.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Opfor

Not when he wants hands-on Self-Growth maturation on the individual level.

Don't mind the cycle.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I've been doing a lot of research into the music and entertainment industries recently, coming to the conclusion that "The Devil" is absolutely real. I'm not a religious person.

All roads of my research have led to the Devil as the entity behind the first world's financial systems, churches, governments, and media. I was not expecting to come to this conclusion.

The human beings in power in our world all bow down to a higher power, and whatever this power is, it has a profound hatred for humanity. That is obvious. If there is a pure "God", an omnipotent loving protector of man, He is allowing Devil to rule humanity on this Earth.

Relating to OP, I do think Devil's best move is to do exactly what he does now: deceive and confuse everyone as much as possible, with the end result being that billions of human souls actually end up worshiping Devil, when they think they are worshiping G(o)od.

I'm confused as to the true identities of Satan, Lucifer, Yahweh, and Jesus, and for now I refer to the dark force that rules the Earth as Devil or D(evil), the ultimate embodiment of pure dark evil.

The New Testament diverts worship of God to worship of a man claiming to be the "Son" of God. There are many parallels between "Sun" worship and "Son" worship, i.e. the December 25 birth of the "Son" and the rise of the angle of the "Sun" after the winter solstice.

So the New Testament could be a grand deception, diverting prayers and energy meant for G(o)od and making people worship the Sun.

Anyway, S&F great thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfthree7

So the New Testament could be a grand deception, diverting prayers and energy meant for G(o)od and making people worship the Sun.

Anyway, S&F great thread.

Thanks!

I have a friend who believes that all emotional suffering is rooted in organized religion. Some would argue that of the organized religions, perhaps the New Testament has been used as much as anything to cause internal emotional conflict.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Interesting way to look at it.

You shall know one by the fruits of their labor. One message, book, prophet, etc. is either going to manifest good... or evil.....

That's how I'm seeing it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I doubt god would allow satan to hijack the holy word and pull away millions of people from the truth. If what you say is true then where is the truth? If it's not in the bible and it's not in islam or judaism, where? What makes you so sure that satan would deceive so many without god's allowance?

My guess is that if this were true the truth would have to be inside us, not in a book or in someone else. It has to be in everyone so that satan cannot deceive by giving you the wrong book.

Why does god need a book to reach someone? If god is real then we should be able to reach god whether we can read or not, whether we black or white, whether we can speak or not, or whatever. And blind and deaf person that never learns to read or communicate can reach god.
edit on 18-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

What about reality? I think reality causes emotional stress. The bible doesn't have to tell you about starving people or disease or death or whatever. People don't need to be told.

Plus, I think emotional people might be driven more towards religion.

I'm not sure whether religion hurts or helps.

My gut reaction is to avoid it, but I could be wrong about it.
edit on 18-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

A lot of this is why it is interesting to watch what the Bible has written about people being confronted with "the truth." Specifically, as study on "being cut to the heart". Part of the time being cut that hard, emotionally, provokes people to find change in their lives, other times, it just causes the person in question to lash out in a blind rage. The best part? Much of the time, it's the same message being given to both reactions.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Some of these God/Satan threads don't get nearly enough attention. Perhaps ATS is run by SATan himself, seriously.

This Earth is saturated with demonic influence. Even the word "saturation" itself. If Satan/Devil is playing a game/fighting a war, his tactics seem to revolve around manipulating humans into worshiping evil. His best tactic would be to hijack religion, or perhaps invent religion himself.

Much like the NWO likes to operate with the disaster capitalism mindset of "create the problem, then present the solution", it seems to me as if many churches throughout the world have been infiltrated/created by Satan, so that people are worshiping him when they think they are worshiping God. When someone rebels against the contradictions/blasphemy against G(o)od in the Bible, they might very well turn to another religion/philosophy that has also been infiltrated by Satan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join