It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Satan, and Game Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Let's start with the presupposition that there really is a God and there really is Satan.

Satan has been given much power over the earth according the the bible.

So if this were a game, and Satan's goal is to defeat God, then Satan's best move is to appear on earth as as various enlightened beings in different cultures, claim to be God, and then turn everybody against God and against each other.

Satan would show up in different forms, like Jesus, Mohammad, Moses, Buddha, etc. Based on game theory, that's Satan's best move. The entire planet ends up worshiping Satan, calling Satan "God," AND killing each other in the name of their God.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

what if God and Satan are one? duality, right? my question is, where does GOD come from? and why can't HE tell us? oh, the game maybe. i would hate to learn that this is a game. luckily, i feel that it isn't, and so it isn't...ya know?
edit on 17-6-2012 by ELectricalApprentice because: missing letters

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think his best bet would be to encourage various orthodoxies and groupthink and such, and to discourage and marginalize mysticism, entheogens, meditation, ego-transcendence ect while secretly allowing his loyal elite access to them.

edit on 17-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

To start.. i totally believe what the OP is real.. i believe in god and satan.. and i do think that satan has control over the earth and all that jazz.
I think of it like god almost imprisoned satan in the physical world.. and i do think that satan is trying to defeat god.. but that is a stupid thing to try and even think any being could do.. because god is the almighty!.. the omega!
he knows how time will end and how it started.. he knows how it will all end up and he knows that satan is trying to defeat him and that satan will be defeated.
No power will be able to take on god.. because god made power.. god is the maker of satan and every kind of energy in all of existence.. He has created time before it even started.. he knew how it all will end and what will happen before anything was even created..
Thats what i think..

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ive give the whole subject alot of thought, and i think monotheism is unnatural.

Think about it, before Abrahamic religions, no religion had ONE GOOD and ONE EVIL.

Alot of cultures around the world, did however come up with similar religions, where evil was spread through the gods, and there was no ABSOLUTE evil or ABSOLUTE taboos that tie with it,

If you look up at the skies, and trace the gods through them, you find that the Venus (In current religion, Lucifer or the Morning star), is always the most important feminine god in previous religions (Egyptian, Babylonian and Sumerian).

So if you ask me, then the game is to keep the Feminine aspect of humanity hidden, through a hierarchical monotheistic masculine religion, which defines Absolute Good and therefore Absolute Evil.

Synopsis:
Yes im saying that Lucifer is Female and that is "Her Crime"

Yes i am kind of saying that Lucifer (the Light Barer ) is infact the Light side of the "Battle"

I always thought when i heard, "The devils greatest deception, is convincing people he doesn't exist", if you ask me, then the greatest deception, and what he wants according to the bible, is to convince people he is in fact god and making people spit on the real god and all he(she) stands for.

But i do realize that the nature of the "Beast" means that this could be part of the deception, however the other religions (Egyptian, Babylonian and Sumerian) do predate the Abrahamic religions.

My thoughts
Namaste

edit on 17/6/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by willrush

If that's true, why did GOD give Satan the *power* to think he could eventually defeat God?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

In that scenario,,, what would the people have to do for god to be winning?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Positive and negative exist, therefore evil exist. Its in numbers, photons electrons, in the universe. Everything, proof there.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

possibly because...... god gives every single thing a choice for themselves.. even satan.. if god wanted to he could make it to where all life were almost robotic or not able to choose what they want to do.. So its the gift of choice that god gives to all things.
So saying that.. satan has the choice to keep trying to defeat god.. and he always will.. but he will always have to choice to come back to god and live for him.
Ive heard that it says in the bible that god always gives satan a chance to be with him and live in his way.. but he always refuses.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Satan would show up in different forms, like Jesus, Mohammad, Moses, Buddha, etc. Based on game theory, that's Satan's best move. The entire planet ends up worshiping Satan, calling Satan "God," AND killing each other in the name of their God.

Thoughts?

Well... IF Satan showed up as Jesus or Buddha, does he preach the same message or no?

Showing up as Jesus or Buddha would be self defeating... As they were both harmless and selfless...

Im not so sure about the other two though...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by willrush

I guess I don't understand why *God* would want us to choose. I don't believe in Heaven and/or Hell tho, maybe that's my problem?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

the jew spoke
i kid

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by Akragon

the jew spoke
i kid

I don't get it...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Thoughts?

Well... IF Satan showed up as Jesus or Buddha, does he preach the same message or no?

Showing up as Jesus or Buddha would be self defeating... As they were both harmless and selfless...

No, not self-defeating at all.

Satan would get people to worship men, i.e., Jesus and Buddha, instead of God.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1

Thoughts?

No, not self-defeating at all.

Satan would get people to worship men, i.e., Jesus and Buddha, instead of God.

Ah... i see

So they have a new doctrine according to this game...

Seems pretty one sided...

What can God do in this game? What kind of powers or tactics does he get to use?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

This is where it gets interesting.

To those who believe the Bible is the word of God, God has every tactic available.

So, using Game Theory, the argument can be made that Game Theory proves the Bible cannot be the word of God.

It's like the paradox of saying "everything I tell you will be a lie."

Think of it this way. There are only two choices:

1. By definitions put forth in the Bible, if God did write the Bible, Satan would change it, and it wouldn't be God's word.

2. If God didn't write a book, then the Bible isn't God's word.

The Bible presents an internal logical fallacy, just like saying "everything I tell you will be a lie."

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The problem with your theory is in fact... the bible isn't "Gods word"...

But his word can be found within...

Anyone who believes it is "Gods word" is only fooling themselfs in my humble opinion

edit on 17-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

If god could make everything exactly as he pleased in every moment,,,, what would be the point of god creating anything that can do anything other then exactly as he pleased in every moment??

edit on 17-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
doublepost
edit on 17-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The problem with your theory is in fact... the bible isn't "Gods word"...

But his word can be found within...

Anyone who believes it is "Gods word" is only fooling themselfs in my humble opinion

edit on 17-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

It's not a theory, it's a logical argument.

The notion that the Bible "contains" God's word is a nice thought. I could also say ATS contains God's word.

The point is that game theory kind of proves the Bible can't be God's word.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join