It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite storm 'smashed the Earth 12,000 years ago and killed off a prehistoric people'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Shadow Herder

lets see Lakota ...

The earth split open, and water flowed from the cracks and covered everything.

nope no sea rise
edit on 17/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

" Covered Everything".

Getting sleepy ole friend?

link   
The article mentions that the there were several impacts upon the earth during the ice age. The possibility that one struck the ice sheet would of sudden and catastrophic effects felt globally with massive flood pulses not to mention the injection of very cold water into the ocean current which then would affect the weather system and eco-system in the world.

Another theory is that there could of been impacts in the ocean which would of triggered super mega tsunamis which would cover some of the highest mountains.

There is no denying the stories of the ancient from every corner of the globe. I take there word over some ats guys opinion.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

link   
dbl post

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Dolmens like those pictures are the interior of burial mounds - the stones prevented the soil which orginally covered them from collapsing into the tomb. And they date thousands of years after the suggested Clovis Comet impact.

The Clovis Comet hyposthesis, first proposed by Firestone etal a few years ago, has had a chequered history - much like the KT Extinction Event - which successive research providing evidence that it do/do not occur. Until recently the consensus had swung towards no impact event, but this year several news pieces of research mean it's now swung the other way, though by no means has the hypothesis been proved conclusively and it's not quite as yet 'mainstream', though creeping that way.

A few news stories on the to and fro of research over the past few of years:

Asteroid impact-driven climate change called into question (2009)

Was a giant comet responsible for a North American catastrophe in 11,000BC? (2010)

No evididence for Clovis comet catastrophe, archaeologists say (2010)

Impact hypothesis loses its sparkle (2010)

New research supports theory of extraterrestrial impact (2012)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JDINFOWARRIOR

Well the ancient people speak of beings that were far more advanced then them and there is proof of some seriously strange stuff that happened thousands of years ago.Scientists go on theories and can't prove a damn thing,so i'm going with the ancient astronaut theory.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
this is above top secret..

how can noone point out that they suggest 12,900 years exactly??...

Timecycles much????

SOON
GLOOM
BOOOM

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Wow. I had heard about the theory of there being one meteor, but a meteor storm is something to consider. I guess those Clovis people probably got killed off by that. I wonder what it would be like to have all that ice suddenly hitting the atmosphere. I mean, what would it have looked like to prehistoric man?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey Slayer,

I had posted this link in one of your earlier threads...

Evaporation, not outflow, drained Lake Agassiz during the younger dryas

What caused water levels to drop in an immense yet long-vanished lake? Research by a University of Cincinnati geologist suggests that conditions 12,000 years ago encouraged evaporation.

Now you have got me thinking that a Tunguska-type event happened over the central part of North America. Now I don't know if this is possible, but what if a very large comet came in at a shallow angle, exploded over or near the area of ancient Lake Agassiz, and instantaneously added nearly 170,000 square miles of water, which scientists say is over seven times the volume of Lake Erie, closer to the size of the Black Sea, into the atmosphere.

I couldn't imagine that amount of water put in the atmosphere at one time. But I am conflicted because I don't know if a comet explosion would force the water into the atmosphere or would it just vaporize it?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by Hanslune

nope no sea rise

" Covered Everything".

Getting sleepy ole friend?

Oh are you now claiming that the sea rise covered the entire world? How biblical, lol

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Years ago when I saw these structures I thought that they might of been erected to protect against common rock showers from meteors.

Yea and the pyramids too.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

According to the article the earth was hit by a meteorite in a couple locations during the time of the ice age. Its possible the ice sheet that sat on north America was struck by meteorites triggering catastrophic events such as flash flooding, dark skies, earthquakes.

It is also possible that the ocean was struck by a meteorite causing a super-mega-tsunami that would reach the top of mountains.

The time frame of the ancient flood stories range from days to several months. Interesting some mention that the sun and the moon found new homes in the sky. Polar flip?

Super tsunamis leave remnants, do you have signs of one during that time period. Oh you might want to do a study of sea waves and then calculate the volume of water needed to pass over the entire continent of Asia.

They are legends and myths, don't read to much into them

How you doing on that study of sea rise versus 'regular' flooding?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Just tombs, I don't think they could have thrown those together in the few moments available before a large event hit -nor could they have gotten to them in the same instance....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Blows whistle.

Threatens to kick everybody out of the pool =====> Play nice!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

TextThere were civilizations on the coasts that are now submerged due to the ocean sea level rising from the 'flood' by over 124 meters. There are literally hundreds of stories from around the world that describe roughly the same thing. Water, destruction edit on 17-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

The reason every culture of old had flood stories is because Noah took two of all the different people's or races on the ark with him , this is confirmed if you read the story of the flood in Genesis 6-7 in the original Hebrew . Noah's family was the only family that had not interbred with fallen angels so were pure in their generations so Christ could be born through Noah's descendants and his is why the use the term all living would come from Noah through .Christ.

I am guessing the carbon dating is off on that mass extinction , the story of Genesis to now goes back about thirteen thousand years. God destroyed the first earth age sometime before that and He used nature to do so causing a great flood before the flood of Noah so hitting the ice caps with meteors would do that.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I thought this was a discussion of the Black Mat ...

There is a lot of very interesting findings connected with that research .

en.wikipedia.org...

The layer contains unusual materials (nanodiamonds, s, carbon spherules, magnetic spherules, iridium, charcoal, soot, and fullerenes enriched in helium-3 ...

While impact is a possible conclusion the over looked possibility of a plasma cascade event is still viable .
as plasma can create the same micro materials .

The Electric Universe guys have something say on this ... their theory indicates an time when plasma discharges ravaged the Earth ..

.This could have been cause by something as simple a the solar system passing through a dusty region of space ...The increased conductivity in addition to the solar wind could give us this outcome .

ps and just for the record ..The ancient texts world wide indicate a conflagration followed by a global food in that order ..

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

They are legends and myths, don't read to much into them

And there is a core element of truth in the vast majority of myths and legends - determining exactly what that truth is all these years later is the difficult thing.
But the abundance and similarities of flood related myths and legends from unrelated and unconnected civilisations from every corner of the world suggests that there is a distinct possibility that there is some common source etc.

There is no definitive evidence to prove any such theory at present rather a mountain of possibilities that suggest there could well be something in some or all of this and that it's a theory that deserves respect and serious consideration.

The vast majority of the established scientific academics refuse to even consider any of these type of theories as if proven they would discredit the theories that their very own reputations were built on and stop their own lucrative research funding, Professorships and other benefits.
As a result they try to discredit them immediately using all the backing and resources that's available to them.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

And there is a core element of truth in the vast majority of myths and legends - determining exactly what that truth is all these years later is the difficult thing.

Yes that has always been the problem

But the abundance and similarities of flood related myths and legends from unrelated and unconnected civilisations from every corner of the world suggests that there is a distinct possibility that there is some common source etc.

Yes flooding at x time by y process, not indicative of a specific single event or a series of actions/occurrences

The vast majority of the established scientific academics refuse to even consider any of these type of theories as if proven they would discredit the theories that their very own reputations were built on and stop their own lucrative research funding, Professorships and other benefits.

They consider them all the time - and reject them, then every once in awhile someone (acutally quite regularly) comes up with new evidence and the 'world' changes, example the finding of the Denisovians and 'Hobbits'.

So whose reputations were destroyed in that? The finding of two unknown human lines. The second part of your statement is the common fringe explanation of why their pet theories are not accepted - not that the theories themselves are fatally flawed.

You might want to look up something called 'T E N U R E' which prevents the evil you are suggesting. I would note that a number of alternative academics are doing just fine, Shoch and Shimizu come to mind. I would also note that as theories shift text books need to get re-written, big money, also you will find - in the real world that grants flow to those who are successful in finding new things

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hey han your ignorant views upon religion has left you ignorant and blind to real documented, scientific, geological history as most of your posts suggests.

There is more than enough evidence in the geological record and oral history aswell as some written ones that describe a flood. Did you ever once think in over 50 years of your life that the bible is telling a story that happened in the past? It seems that fools discredit any information or evidence if it is also mentioned in the bible.

An intelligent investigator/researcher will read all sources and set aside ignorant beliefs that will blind you to real ancient information.

You have failed in many threads with your views and your posts border trolling. Do your homework ole chap it will save you much embarrassment later.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It could have been a nuked that formed that glass?

There are several sites on the earth that have a large amount of spread out radiation, as if a nuclear bomb(s) had gone off. I forget what the book is called but its a famous religious Indian book that talked about how the "Gods" had a weapon that could destroy a massive amount of land with a cloud of fire. It said after the fire peoples hair began to fall out. I really wish I could remember the name of that book.

Will it be proven in this instance? Probably not but its on the table. Know that the main stream twist history, they do not want you to know your past.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
all im saying is....

the GNOSTICS and ANTIDILUVEAN believers are really pushing the BS!!

was it a FLOOD....or was it a METEOR???.........

and

NO...im not believing that there were supermen reptile gods living on earth.....

tut tut.....this 10,000 bc crap is everywhere....

- you all need to go learn about gnostics and moses and why the earth was supposedly flooded...im sure all the atheists here will learn that this "scientific evidence" is not science but religion

peace
edit on 17-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join