It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, India, Iran wait to pounce on Afghan riches

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Not an expert here, but how long will Karzai last when we pull out?
I could see assasinations/skirmishes amongst themselves happening somewhat.

Other contries going in there to reap the resorces is easier said than done maybe?
Depends on the stability.

Say also,the US had the contracts and such,we would have to keep a few divisons there and thats expensive.
Tired of hearing on American contractors kidnapped to.

After a couple months it could go back to being the same as though we were never there yet they'd be better armed, thanks to to us.
Karzai would flee the country with a few billion in his Swiss bank account,he already owns a few villa's in other contries.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What a thread...

America, this is the world; enoughs enough.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

Those kind of pics kind of say it all, they remind me of some WW2 holocaust pics. Dirty American army scum!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

M thoughts are.. why on Earth do you think Iraq should have given over their oil fields to the U.S. over Russia and China or whomever? Because we went in and destroyed their whole way of life, bombed their cities and families to dust, we are somehow privy to anything in their country? Your attitude that they somehow slighted us is pretty disgusting honestly, it's what I think other countries see in us as "stereotypical American."

I am actually surprised Iraq had any choice in the matter of their resources after we were out and I doubt they were entirely. Iraqi people and Iraqi people alone should be able to choose what happens to their countries resources and the same for the people of Afghanistan. You act like we deserve something for attacking their countries and killing their people, it's really weird.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

IF that is true and his son has come back safely (which I hope is the case) I am afraid to say that it sounds like his son remained the ignorant soldier over there and never broke away from the "we're here spreadin' democracy" line of b.s. Most every soldier I know that has come back has come back admitting, and even angry, over the fact that they were lied to about every aspect of these wars (as well as angry over the direction of the country). Where did OP, and these soldiers, and other Americans get this sense of entitlement from? OP you truly share the POV of our most ignorant of soldiers over there, sorry to see that the truth evaded you even when it was so close and inundated your daily life (at least vicariously it seems).

Hopefully your attitude changes.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ek Bharatiya

Could that have been because of this and much more which has not been reported?

As long as you show the other side,of the story,then you might get an answer.................

Or one that isnt biased.

War is Hell. There are many atrocities,never shown,or reported. EVERY soldier lives with something he or she questions.

edit on 16-6-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

PS: I hope I haven't hurt your feelings considering your kid is in military/ army/ marine and think served in Iraq/ Afghanistan as I remember correctly from your old post.

No Protoplasmic Traveler you haven't hurt my feelings [My son wasn't stationed at Gitmo but Iraq proper] nor FYI have you ever fooled anybody with your other accounts which are always obsessed with bringing your Banned account into the picture.

Have a great day...

Hows All Roads lead to Rome?

like old times with Protoplasmic Travel...

edit on 16-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I didn't see anything in his post that implicated he was obsessed with brining his "banned account into the picture." Actually I didn't see even the most vague reference to a banned account. Someone that doesn't even have an account could read your old posts and know something about you.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Is anyone surprised? I sure am not. We elected a feel good president with no experience and a lot of hype. This is the result.

Lol. It's funny how you partisans desperately try and make these issues about POTUS, even though they clearly span both parties and decades of various administrations.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
This reminds me of Iraq all over again. [...] Iraq awarded the largest untapped oil fields to Russia and China now over in Afghanistan we get this report.

Could that have been because of this and much more which has not been reported?

Funny how you say 'not been reported' and the site an issue that was WIDELY reported, including photos directly from news sources.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So am I to assume all aid workers who have nothing to do with the war over there, who get there heads cut off/executed, I should think your all bad?
If Im correct,guess where some of the scum bags are now in the photos you posted?
Prison,stripped of rank and dishonered!

If these were photos of your people whipping,acid attacts,poisoning girls,beating your women,honor killing,you'd probly be happy and see nothing wrong with it.

Beleive it or not,,many soldeirs did wonderful and heroic things to help them.

I could also say, maybe the US is the only country in the world who has the balls to clean up some of the filth on this planet.
But I try not to be one sided such as yourself.

Instead of complaining,you should try to fix your failed state pea size country.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyMN

So am I to assume all aid workers who have nothing to do with the war over there, who get there heads cut off/executed, I should think your all bad?
If Im correct,guess where some of the scum bags are now in the photos you posted?
Prison,stripped of rank and dishonered!

If these were photos of your people whipping,acid attacts,poisoning girls,beating your women,honor killing,you'd probly be happy and see nothing wrong with it.

Beleive it or not,,many soldeirs did wonderful and heroic things to help them.

I could also say, maybe the US is the only country in the world who has the balls to clean up some of the filth on this planet.
But I try not to be one sided such as yourself.

Instead of complaining,you should try to fix your failed state pea size country.

If all the filth in this world amounts to millions of innocent women and children, then i have to say that your eyesight is filthy.
Go clean your eyes....
Btw, shooting and bombing defenseless people doesn't require balls but it requires an evil heart.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

We can go in many directions here and argue.

Quite fortunate I think, we actually fought with our hands tied to our backs trying to save lives.
Alot of you will make your head quarters in a hospital or school.

As for saddam hussein,he had 100's of millions of cash,and given the option over and over and over again to just leave and had safe haven to a few countries,he should have been removed from the get go after Operation desert storm,but the UN does not have the balls, but did put up santions and a no fly zone,yet the idiot fires away still?

Saddam Hussein deserves some heat also,dont you think?
Many people are glad to be rid of him there(70%),they told us to get out and we did.
Or his thug kids would be in charge now.
More brutal and sicker than him.

And now the beautiful loving Taliban,we all know how there cult gang/thugs conduct themselves in battle.
Use women as suicide bombers,go from village to village and camp to camp spreading there love.
There battle plan is how to kill more innocents and look for young sex slaves.

Yes I do do know pure evil,obvious mirrors are in short supply there.
And you tell me to wash my eyes,,you need to take a bath!

And beleive me,most of the US cant wait to get out of your paridise there, so you can live in harmony and peace?

Enjoy China's 1 dollar an hour for the miners they hire,Russia does pay better,but note, they will 20 fold on profits.
They will need a small Afghan army, and there own security also outside the facilities.
Cheaper to go to the moon than mine there.LOL

Going to stay on topic here.
Sorry to the OP if I floated off.

Good thread but others here haven taken this off topic because of there culture?
I understand now thats there are Islamics here also and try to be respectfull to avoid arguments and stupidity,,sorry,my monitor is acting up again and need a new one,but I say stupidity.

Gonna re-boot..

A typical pic of the taliban if if they come to your village.
They kill who ever is in charge,elders to the coucil.

Leave a thug gang in the name of there God to terrorize and keep an eye on you,allow a few filthy clerics to play along with them.
They all have mask's on,. ,yet they shove the old text Islamic faith into it?
Kill and take over,they dont want peace with no one,they'd go to the next village and take over?
Been proven over and over agian with them!

edit on 16-6-2012 by MollyMN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This has stooped being about nations long ago, only when "the leaders" need the raw resources for an endeavor ie tax-dollars and man power mostly, do they bother to tickle and prick the nationalistic funny bones of the populous.

So what your really crying about is that the Chinese and other communists are better capitalists then the american capitalistic government.
Funny how the world works sometimes, to get beat at your own game by a bunch of commies. But you know its not even about that, this whole thing was going to this place the whole while, and just like everybody knows that there really is no sides to the wars out there other then the profit sides.

And in the profit side there all in on it, and there all getting paid and its a tag team match, that is when one character and caricature has lots its mojo it tags out and lets there partners step on the scene there by letting the show and illusion go on. And when the # hits the fan, they will all bail ship and find some nice villa somewhere to lay low before business picks up again. This is true of every last one of them, and its the name of the game.

And what your really getting at about is that now that things have become marginalized the US war machine has lost a lot of its influence and usefulness in those areas, basically no job to do and its steadily declining. And no its not China or India who really made out like a fox on the whole thing its the international corporations and those who own them, of which all your presidents and people in fancy pants and on the TV and in the news and everywhere be they here in the states or in other countries even like this dude Karzai well in the end who do you think they really work for, besides themselfs that is?

And no you did not get sold out because it was the intention from the very beginning of the whole thing to go this route, and as you know its much cheaper to pay foreign workers to do the work, and always will be so really what can you expect.

Here let me quote on what this whole thing was about by your brilliant global strategians.

“Military men are just dumb stupid animals” Kissinger

Now who do you think really made off like a robber baron, and which people really made a killing while everybody else gets to pick up the pieces. How much stock do you think Kissinger, Bush, and all the rest do you really think they have invested in those Chinese and Indian corporations that are getting all the deals.
And how much do you bet that there foreign partners are trying to take over there stock, and how much would you be willing to bet that when it really counts they will side with themselves over the base populous of any country.
Right now i suppose there is nothing but haggling, but I don't think them foreign workers are raking in the dough since that was not part of the plan from the beginning.

So ya you all got the short end of the stick and got taken for a ride, and it never really was about nations in the first place. But a standing military is bound to sooner or latter turn in on itself, and guess what in some ways I do agree with the op, and that is there should be a greater income to all the output put in both by the taxpayers and the military machine then there getting out of it. And so don't worry the fun has just begun, but people may want to think # through a bit when the cogs start moving again.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm country.
If all the filth in this world amounts to millions of innocent women and children, then i have to say that your eyesight is filthy.
Go clean your eyes....
Btw, shooting and bombing defenseless people doesn't require balls but it requires an evil heart.

Then you guys should really stop doing that. Along with selling your daughters. I also really liked the shooting women in the street for the crime of not having any family to treat them like infantilized animals....er "special" protected family members.

The special place children have in Afghanistan is so endearing. Of course, you have a computer so you probably don't have much to do with *those* children. None of your business is a religious concept.

Everyone over here would like to leave. The Islamists don't want NATOs forces to go, and so continue to do things to engage them and make it so that they can't leave.

Oh. Did that not occur to you? That *your* elitists and religious nut bags profit and get power from keeping NATO over there? Tsk. To think that women out think your great strategic minds.

Afghanis - nice people. Too bad they are mainly held back by their age old enemy. Afghanis.
edit on 16-6-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

TextChina, India, Iran wait to pounce on Afghan riches

I guess america is rubbing off !

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by HumanCondition

Don't beat around the bush, How do you really feel?
The funny thing is I know you probably know it. I know it feels good to be 'patriotic' or whatever but give it a rest. To the people who are smart enough to use reason over emotion you just look like idiots speaking idiotic ideas.
You should stop lying to yourselves and to others.

edit on 16-6-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Dear MollyMN and Sybil....
I really doubt your eyesight now.
Where the hell did i mention i am a afgan or anything???
I am against all inhuman things and your country is the biggest source of those.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This sounds like propaganda . With how always the western governments always spin China , Russia , Iran , India . Maybe Afghanistan would rather have their foreign relations / policies to generate money As to what appears to be western tactics are sanctions followed by bombing. It is their land and their right to sell it to whom ever they choose. We went into Afghanistan dropping bombs on cities under the guise of saving the world of terrorism I am sure those innocent families didn't feel the least bit terrorized when their neighborhood was suffering from a bombing from battleships off the coast in the dead of night. Then America felt the need to save Iraq with an all out war.

Personally I think there is enough crap going on in the western worlds governments backyards than to go and apparently clean up the crap in the middle east backyards instead. We are at almost at a supposed economic collapse for almost 4 years while banks are still make billion quarterly profits and corporations as well as massive bailouts all around by governments while spending trillions on a decade of war on saving the world.

What a sad and savage world we still live in

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join