It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Sandler = AWFUL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is a long overdue rant, and ATS can take it however ATS wants to take it.

Adam Sandler is a ridiculous joke of an actor. Since the film Happy Gilmore (the only dimly glowing spot in his poop-stained laughable "career" of tripe and nonsense), all of his films have been utter trash. He keeps bombing at the box office because he's not funny at all as an actor or a writer, and Hollywood keeps giving him more money to produce his unfunny refuse.

If there is any real conspiracy in the world, it's that Adam Sandler has a career.

Who pays to see this moron's movies? Have you ever seen an interview with the guy? He's a complete idiot. He comes across as a 40-year-old going on 12. He laughs at his own sh(*&# jokes and has 2 stupid voices he does over and over.

What vomitory bile Hollywood tries to shove down our throats! And the masses eat the puke and smile. Am I the only one who sees this? And I swear to you, all you relative thinkers, this is not my own truth but an absolute truth defined by the universe itself.

Truly and verily I say unto thee, the end is nigh.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I've been saying the same for years.I have friends and family that enjoy him...I don't think he's funny at all.It's the same thing over and over and over with him. He's just not a very good actor on top of not being funny.If you've seen one Adam Sandler movie you've seen them all.The one exception being Reign Over Me.He was 'eh" in that but it wasn't a bad movie. I always felt the same about Jim Carey too.
edit on 15-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

As actors go (to me) Adam Sandler is not a very good one. He obviously does have a fan base and some good connections.

I have never paid to go to any of his movies...I have stumbled across a couple of them over the years...that were free on TV....I did not like the movies and did not finish watching them....they were boring.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Watching Zohan right now, get a sense of humor!

Then again I grew up on SNL, damn, this isn't serving my IQ
very well

edit on 15-6-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
Yeah, he's not an actor, he is exactly the same in all his movies really. Call me a silly old romantic, but I rather enjoyed the movie "50 First Dates", maybe it was the setting, but it was very romantic in a sweet way and dealt with mental issues in a refreshing way.
Actually, looking back on that movie, the thing that pops out most in my head is Drew Barrymore and her adorable smile. Maybe thats what won me over

edit on 15-6-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD

very well

I don't know how you can find the same thing funny over and over again.

He was funny on SNL,I'll give you that.Even though he sucked at hiding that he was trying not to laugh sometimes

edit on 15-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
lol

Well I have to agree with you, I never liked him. He has predictable corny humor with the same annoying voices.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

very well

This is the only movie he's in that I actually laughed lol

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

very well

The movie did terribly at the box office and in reviews. Justifiably so... it is classified as "slapstick" because Sandler's 12-year-old brain still thinks fart jokes are funny.

Critical reception

The film opened to mixed to negative reviews. In June 2008, Rotten Tomatoes reported that 36% of critics gave the film positive reviews, based on 138 reviews — with the consensus that the film "features intermittent laughs, and will please Sandler diehards, but after a while the leaky premise wears thin."[13] Metacritic reported the film had an average score of 54 out of 100, based on 35 reviews—indicating mixed or average reviews.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Adam Sandler is awesome. How dare you speak about him that way.
You should look at Jim Carry.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

No way...

Adam Sandler is much more than an actor. He has a career because he works his ass off.

I mean cmon, the man has either starred in, or played a large role in over 40 movies!

Guess what, he's also the executive producer of 40 plus movies as well.

Guess what, he's also written many screenplays, that are the movies that he produced, that are the movies that he starred in.

Guess what?

What!!!

You're a hater!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Jim Carrey bashing now!

What has this world come to?!

If you didn't enjoy:

The Mask
Ace Ventura pet detective
**Liar, Liar**
The Cable Guy
Man On The Moon
Me, Myself & Irene
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

I apologize, I'm sorry that you don't enjoy good movies. Not 'great' movies(Cable Guy & Man on the Moon were great), but good none the less.

Next thing you know, people will be saying that Mike Meyers isn't awesome as well... scary world I tell ya. I'm putting on a tin foil hat!

edit on 15-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: additional comment

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The Sandler-lover slaves of Hollywood face-stuffing are giving me little puke-tastes in the back of my throat.

One post said it correctly: he is allowed to make more movies because he has connections, just like all the hoity-toity hob-knobbing political connections that everyone hates here on ATS. Same deal, different forum.

If it was based on merit, he'd have been done and gone in 1998.

Quality should be determined by the human brain, not by what's being stuffed down the human throat.

I'm not a hater, I'm just anti-Sandler. Obvious rant is obvious!
edit on 15-6-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

Ok...I acknowledge that he has worked hard and made a lot of money....but I still am not and never will be a fan of his.

I am a big fan of classic moves from the 1930's, 40's and 50's ...even some silent films...those were the days of great actors!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017

Originally posted by Manhater

Jim Carrey bashing now!

What has this world come to?!

If you didn't enjoy:

The Mask
Ace Ventura pet detective
**Liar, Liar**
The Cable Guy
Man On The Moon
Me, Myself & Irene
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

I apologize, I'm sorry that you don't enjoy good movies. Not 'great' movies(Cable Guy & Man on the Moon were great), but good none the less.

Next thing you know, people will be saying that Mike Meyers isn't awesome as well... scary world I tell ya. I'm putting on a tin foil hat!

edit on 15-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: additional comment

I think they both suck!!!

OP are you pissed because you spent money to see his newest dumb - ass movie? (just curious)

It looks so bad I think they should pay me every time I have to sit through the commercial.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
OP are you pissed because you spent money to see his newest dumb - ass movie? (just curious)

It looks so bad I think they should pay me every time I have to sit through the commercial.

No, I would never pay money to see one of his movies.

I am pissed because his movies exist in the same universe that I do.

And here's some redistribution of wealth for all the lefties: I'll pay a dollar a day to never have to see the commercials for Sandler movies ever again for the rest of my life, which will fund the payments for you to sit through the commercials.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I haven't like Sandler since I was like 12 and thought Happy Gilmore was hilarious.

As for Jim Carey, well Dumb and Dumber is still funny and Truman show is awesome.. and he is shoved down our throats as much as Sandler, who is in a new "hilarious" movie ever 3 months it seems.. always the same character, a 40 year old guy who thinks he is a kid, falls in love with some really hot woman.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
I haven't like Sandler since I was like 12 and thought Happy Gilmore was hilarious.

As for Jim Carey, well Dumb and Dumber is still funny and Truman show is awesome.. and he is shoved down our throats as much as Sandler, who is in a new "hilarious" movie ever 3 months it seems.. always the same character, a 40 year old guy who thinks he is a kid, falls in love with some really hot woman.

And why do you think his ugly mug always appears opposite some hot woman?

He writes his own braindead scripts where he appears with beautiful women that would never look twice at his face in real life. And Hollywood expects us to believe that a bad fro-perm makes a smoking-hot Spaniard lady attracted to a fugly moron?

It's insulting to all the senses, including my sixth and seventh.

I'll be back in 5 minutes, I need to go take a big Sandler.

Yeah, now I'm really not liking the Sandler.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
He isn't the only one that laughs at his jokes. Other people in the movie are paid to laugh at them too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join