It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Sandler = AWFUL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017

Originally posted by Manhater
Adam Sandler is awesome. How dare you speak about him that way.
You should look at Jim Carry.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Jim Carrey bashing now!

What has this world come to?!

If you didn't enjoy:

The Mask
Ace Ventura pet detective
**Liar, Liar**
The Cable Guy
Man On The Moon
Me, Myself & Irene
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

I apologize, I'm sorry that you don't enjoy good movies. Not 'great' movies(Cable Guy & Man on the Moon were great), but good none the less.

Next thing you know, people will be saying that Mike Meyers isn't awesome as well... scary world I tell ya. I'm putting on a tin foil hat!

edit on 15-6-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: additional comment

The Cable Guy was great? Really?!

Of the movies you just listed you chose The Cable Guy as great?!

Funny? I suppose at times.The Mask was his best movie.He was good when he was on Living Color.After that he did a bunch of dumb movies.And yes,I'd include The Cable Guy in that.

And no,Mike Meyers isn't funny at all either.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Adam Sandler movies are bad, however I like Adam Sandler the man. Its like watching your grandad juggle, he thinks its the new and entertaining, but no one else thinks so. Instead you show up to support him, because you feel sorry for him.
edit on 16-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
When all the light in the world is lost, and all has come to ruin...

Know your enemy.
edit on 16-6-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think he peaked doing Opera Man on Saturday night live...I feel your pain.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'd say Sandler falls into the same category as Will Ferrell, Norm McDonald, Mike Meyer and Jimmy Fallon to name a few. These people are just not funny.

I used to enjoy SNL, but haven't watched it for quite a while because the show has gone down the crapper. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but what people consider comedy any more leaves me scratching my head.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

I say the same thing about Jim Carrey. He was funny in Living Colour. His movies though I thought left a lot to be desired.

They're both like a strong pain medication. Only good in small doses (skits)...to much will kill ya (movies).
edit on 16-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The best movie he did was 'The Wedding Singer' had he stayed on that path, he would of been much better off.

edit on 16-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I like Little Nicky.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Okay I have to take back what I said about Jim Carrey. I must admit 'The Truman Show' was a very good very original movie. I don't know how much credit he deserves but it is a good movie.

If I ever see the idiot talk with his butt again I think I'll throw up!

edit on 16-6-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Okay I have to take back what I said about Jim Carrey. I must admit 'The Truman Show' was a very good very original movie. I don't know how much credit he deserves but it is a good movie.

If I ever see the idiot talk with his butt again I think I'll throw up!

edit on 16-6-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I'd say Sandler falls into the same category as Will Ferrell, Norm McDonald, Mike Meyer and Jimmy Fallon to name a few. These people are just not funny.

I used to enjoy SNL, but haven't watched it for quite a while because the show has gone down the crapper. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but what people consider comedy any more leaves me scratching my head.

Smart man right here! None of those you listed are funny. Jimmy Fallon is the WORST! Watching him on SNL was painful as was the cast that was on the sametime he was.I wanted to stab my eyes out watching him.Same with his show now,it's a like a train wreck,you just can't look away.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

No,the wedding singer was just like every other movie he ever did.It tried to get serious..but failed miserably.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

I think I just found my soul mate. Will Ferrell = nails on a chalk board. I just don't get what people think is so funny about these people.
If I might add, I would rather go deaf than hear another Austin Powers quote. The movie is like 10 years old, can it please die and go away. (surrounded by people who think it is funny to quote this movie)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
I'll be back in 5 minutes, I need to go take a big Sandler.

Is that what he's eating?

He is the male version of that stupid sarah silverman.

I swear they are twins... and she's just as retarded as he is. poop jokes are funny in south park.. but... meh

I'd rather be forced to look at octomum's nude photos than watch him or her try to be funny.

edit on 16-6-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Difference is, Carrey has done serious roles also. And IMO, he does them really well.

The Number 23 was a good noir style movie for the most part, and that reminds me I might watch that again tonight.

Also, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was another great movie I thought. Very different roles from someone I used to hate as much as sandler. He is just typecast.

I used to also hate johnny depp, but after his Hunter S Thompson role in Fear and Loathing, I changed my mind, and Jack Sparrow is just brilliant. But I still hated him from and after 21 jump street...

Much like I now also hate tom cruise. I cannot stomach him.. But then I go and see him in Tropic Thunder, and it was only at the end did I realise he was even in the movie. That's good acting. But I still think they guy is a fruitloop short of a breakfast cereal.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The people that run Hollywood says he is funny. So he is funny.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
well, Im not a fan of him either, but I did find this scene one of the best he's ever done....Bob Barker vs. Adam Sandler...lol

edit on 16-6-2012 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Better than Carey who is a Jerry Lewis rip off.
Thought all Americans just had bad taste, you know like Macdonalds and Mountain dew and Doc Pepper and NBL, Baseball and terrible football

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm suprised everyone forgot about The Waterboy. Adam Sandler has a few decent movies worth watching, just as Jim Carey does. What gives you guys the right to talk about people like this? It just shows your true colors, and I bet you're one of those people who gossip about others in your life when you have nothing else better to do. Seriously, if you don't like them then don't watch their movies. I think the people who are hating on these actors, are just simply....pathetic.

Good day.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
What gives you guys the right to talk about people like this?

Oh I dunno, maybe the fact that these people make their millions on what we like and dislike.

You know, they do put themselves out there for us. We're not prying into their lives. If it was all puppies and kitteh cats, then no one would need to care if they were any good or not.

So I think if they're being scrutinised then it's not a bad thing. It's their job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join