It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to stop deporting and grant work permits to younger illegal immigrants

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

If they have a problem with that, thats something to be discussed over some tamales and Corona with their parents.

And here people just dismiss you as a racist.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcatsrule

they have sucked the government tit dry

Wow...I didn't know they were the ones who racked up a 15 Trillion dollar debt.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by ThedeadeyesofCharlieSheen
If they have been in America since childhood and have been educated and raised there I think it would be rather cruel to send them back, don't you think?

If your parents robbed a bank, as their child, are you entitled to the money they stole?

Excellent point!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

If they have been in America since childhood and have been educated and raised there I think it would be rather cruel to send them back, don't you think?

No, I think the countries that we send them back should be thanking us and kissing our butt for giving these kids free educations, many college degrees.

Maybe if we would send them all back to their home countries, they can use their educations and understanding of the US to transform the hell holes they come from into something that people won't be sneaking into the US to get away from.
edit on 16-6-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by deadcatsrule

they have sucked the government tit dry

Wow...I didn't know they were the ones who racked up a 15 Trillion dollar debt.

I know Hispanic family's that get welfare,food stamps and other government help they can get in 3 different states using the kids ,kids that don't exist,there sisters kids on and on and on.so yes they have a government tit as well .only part of the Deficit .but a small drip left alone loses a lot of milk

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

If your parents robbed a bank, as their child, are you entitled to the money they stole?

A more appropriate and comparable question would be: If your parents robbed a bank, should you have to go to prison?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadcatsrule

I know Hispanic family's that get welfare,food stamps and other government help they can get in 3 different states using the kids ,kids that don't exist,there sisters kids on and on and on.so yes they have a government tit as well .only part of the Deficit .but a small drip left alone loses a lot of milk

Bulll#.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

A more appropriate and comparable question would be: If your parents robbed a bank, should you have to go to prison?

You send the parents to prison. These kids can have their green card but in return their entire family goes back over the border.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

How exactly is that? Let's examine the these in comparison.

First,
1. An foreigner criminally enters the US.
2. A person robs a bank.
3. A person robs a bank.

Then,
1. Their children are able to receive the benefits of government aid (education, food, medical care, etc)
2. Their children benefit from ill-gotten gains (cash and toys)
3. Their children benefit from ill-gotten gains (cash and toys)

Repercussions,
1. Children and parents are sent back, forfeiting all ill-gotten gains and benefits
2. Parents jailed, children's ill-gotten cash and toys removed from child.
3. Parents and children jailed.

Seems like the first comparison was more accurate. Your not punishing the child, your just removing from them the things that were not rightfully theirs to begin with, but illegally obtained by the parents.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Why do you hate cute pictures of baby seals?

No idea what you are talking about....

Your argument is full of false equivalencies.

Actually its not.

Jaywalking and murder are the same? LOL.

They are.. Feel free to look up both. You will find them in your states criminal statutes. They are both laws that have repercussions if you violate them.

Jaywalking is a violation of the law.
Murder is a violation of the law.

They both have punishment based on the seriousness of the offense.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lannister
You send the parents to prison. These kids can have their green card but in return their entire family goes back over the border.

This is close to the only compromise I would consider (although I am not even sure I would accept it.)

Children of such parents, if thy obtain a needed skill or degree, can stay on a green card, provided that their parents and other illegal family members get deported and prohibited from ever entering the country again.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by Lannister

This is close to the only compromise I would consider (although I am not even sure I would accept it.)

Children of such parents, if thy obtain a needed skill or degree, can stay on a green card, provided that their parents and other illegal family members get deported and prohibited from ever entering the country again.

And then those kids, what, just live on their own?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Jaywalking and murder are the same? LOL.

They are.. Feel free to look up both. You will find them in your states criminal statutes. They are both laws that have repercussions if you violate them.

Jaywalking is a violation of the law.
Murder is a violation of the law.

They both have punishment based on the seriousness of the offense.

Right. But they are not COMPARABLE.

You are engaging in hyperbole.

Look it up if you need to.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Which is not occurring but A for effort on obfuscation.

Illegal immigrants are sent back to their home country. If they are caught multiple times they can be prosecuted and sentenced to prison. However Obama is referring to those who have no criminal records, so in their case they are sent back home and not to prison.

If you want to get technical illegally entering the country is a criminal offense, regardless if you agree with it or not. Violation of immigration laws and prosecution under those laws start to add up when you get repeat offenders who cross the border.

Please answer this -
If the excuse is people are smuggled into the US by their parents and had no choice then why, when they are older, have they not sought out legal resident status / apply for US citizenship?

They are here illegally, violating immigration laws which is criminal offense. Please tell me why this group of people, who are in violation of the law, are somehow more privileged than others when it comes to breaking the law and enforcement?

If I don't pay my income tax, I will be investigated charged and prosecuted - Why aren't illegals?
If I go to vote and use someone else s name, I will be investigated charged and prosecuted - Why arent illegals?
If I apply for government assistance and use fake documents / false statements I can be investigated, charged and prosecuted - Why aren't illegals?
I struggled to pay my way through college while at the same time illegal residents had not only government assistance but grants as well. Grants and assistance they are not eligible for.

If we aren't going to enforce the law for immigration, then why bother for jaywalking or murder?

If they want to remain in the US, do it legally. It really is as simple as that.

this back door amnesty is going to do more harm than good.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Earlier before reading the entire program, feeling disenfranchised I posted a long winded rant which can be found here:

Tantrum

In that post I mentioned we were waiting for a response regarding my husbands legal immigration status

Around 30 minutes ago I followed up on another threat feeling a bit better after reading what this issue actually entails.

Then less than 30 minutes later the legal immigration system let me know that my life was less than dirt in their opinion

Well there's a timely response...I just received the aforementioned response to our Motion to reopen after previously mentioned screw-ups on their part including assigning the same A number as my husband's to someone else in another state.

They denied our Motion but informed us we can send them another $1070.00 and reapply for his green card. Maybe we should have ignored the immigration laws in the first place, we're sol now as we are on their radar and lists

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Find legal relatives to live with, a foster family, or get adopted. If older than 18, not an issue.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Find legal relatives to live with, a foster family, or get adopted. If older than 18, not an issue.

Right. The lists for adoption are very long (which is why abortion makes no sense, people will actually pay you to have a child) and the kid would be adopted rather quickly. If over 18, then it's not an issue.

We can't have people just walking into the country. You have to throw them out if they're illegal. If you want to come here you do it the same way I would have to do it if I chose to go to another country. Now the kid that doesn't speak spanish and was raised here? Sure, I can see that. He should be given a chance and we can always use more educated people that will create jobs for the rest of us. But the people that brought that kid here need to go home. And since they broke the law the first time, they should never be able to return.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
None of them deserve to stay...none of them deserve to be rewarded for their parents illegal acts....enough with the victim crap....their parents commited crime bringing them here....kick them all out and they can get to the back of the line to enter legally....waaa waaaa....we have enough legal citizens to worry about.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
None of them deserve to stay...none of them deserve to be rewarded for their parents illegal acts....enough with the victim crap....their parents commited crime bringing them here....kick them all out and they can get to the back of the line to enter legally....waaa waaaa....we have enough legal citizens to worry about.

I'm not sure living here should actually be considered a reward at this point... well atleast if you're born here. If you come here from another country then sure you can have free education, healthcare and a business handed to you. But if you're a natural born citizen? The banks (that we baled out) take our house and we live on the street eventually when all the big ceos ship our jobs overseas and give the rest to the illegals. Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

(I am drunk right now, but this chance to have an argument with you is too good. SO AWAY!)

Illegal immigrants are sent back to their home country. If they are caught multiple times they can be prosecuted and sentenced to prison.

Hmm, but if someone is born in this country, but their parents "illegally immigrated", what should we do? The "child" was born and raised here, thus this is its home. Its American.

Personally, I believe that whoever considers themselves as an American is an American. Thats the kind of Idea I got about this country from my interpretation of its history and ideals.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join