It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to stop deporting and grant work permits to younger illegal immigrants

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The decision is most definetly humanitarian in nature, and that is a positve.
But the fact of the matter is this will cost us money, will it not?
Something we cannot afford in our time of crisis.
i gotta question the POTUS movitavations for this decision, Its timing definately feels like a voter ploy.
Add some xenophobia, along with the stress from our economic burden and you're left with a country full of disenfranchised feeling people.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Thank God. Plenty of my lazy, uneducated, unemployed (they would rather smoke weed than LOOK for a job! Its unbelievable) white friends are so against illegal immigration.

Now its not illegal anymore...and I'm gonna laugh at my friends even harder now.

Mexicans are hardworking and good people. They are like motorcycle gangs...1% are the bad apples? Disagree? This country was built on immigrants...they are this centuries Irish people circa 1800.

Deal with it....the next generation will assimilate. My friends probably wont even have families b/c they'll still be living with mommy and daddy....Mexicans be down.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

While I understand that these people need to work to make their lives better, it's a slap in the face of everyday Americans for the Obama administration to have done this. It's bad enough that a lot of Americans cannot find a job and now they have even more competition.

Does it bother anyone else that our government seems to be saying that our borders are completely open now?

leanfor ward.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

These people don't need to work and make thier life better. WE the AMERICANS need to work and make OUR life better. They are here as an illegal. People born in this damn country should have a job over some idiot that crossed the border. But they're kids right? How about this then. You can have your green card, but your entire family goes back over the border.

This shows how much Obama gives a damn about America and it's people. He needs to be impeached.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BODYBAGxPAT

Deal with it....the next generation will assimilate.

Yea, because they are already making such strong efforts to do so right now.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
they have sucked the government tit dry .Obama to do something no money left to deport so just make them citizens.Remeber a politicians main job is to get re elected.more votes for him,

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThedeadeyesofCharlieSheen
If they have been in America since childhood and have been educated and raised there I think it would be rather cruel to send them back, don't you think?

If your parents robbed a bank, as their child, are you entitled to the money they stole?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

If your parents robbed a bank, as their child, are you entitled to the money they stole?

If you compared two entirely different ideas and implied they were the same, would anyone take you seriously/

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
[

If you compared two entirely different ideas and implied they were the same, would anyone take you seriously/

The idea behind the comparison is the same.

If a parent commits a crime, should the child reap the benefits of the crime?

Absolutely not.

If illegals who were brought here by the parents want someone to blame for being deported, they need only look at their mom and dad. They are the reason, no one else.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Fun Fact:

Obama has deported more Illegals than any previous President.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
God forbid that Obama actually believes that if they are going to be here they might as well be able to work legally. God forbid if Obama actually wants to help people who come from violent nations locked into battles with drug cartels and wildly corrupt politicians.

edit on 15-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

*****************************************************************************************************

"people who come from violent nations locked into battles with drug cartels and wildly corrupt politicians."
It seems that is EXACTLY what we have here in the US.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

They are the same... In both cases the parents broke the law. Why should their children reap the rewards for something that was gained through a criminal act?

Secondly this is not humanitarian its political. Obama could have done this at any point yet he waits till we are a few months out from the elections. Obama is set to meet with the Latino community in Florida on June 18th. He is pandering to the hispanic community. Obama lied when he said he wouldnt use an EO to do this. He is bypassing Congress in addition to ursurping their constitutional authority by purposely ignoring a law he does not like or agree with. US Immigration law has no provisions in it to do what the President is doing. He cant make modifications to the law on his own and he cant use EO's to do it either.

What we have is a President breaking the law in order to help others who have broken the law, and both groups will be rewarded. On the immigrant side access to education and health they nor their parents paid into and on Obamas side stronger support in the hispanic community for election day.

Ironic that Obama did this when he is set to visit Florida all the while his DOJ is going after and trying to stop the state of Florida from enforcing their voter laws. Again his administration is telling someone else to cease and desist, demanding they not enforce the laws because they "dont like it".

I am all for immigration, so long as its legal. If its legal by then by all means, come to the US and we will welcome you with arms open.

edit on 16-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

They are the same... In both cases the parents broke the law.

Indeed. They are the 'same' in the same way that jaywalking and murder are the 'same'.

Why should their children reap the rewards for something that was gained through a criminal act?

Conversely, Why should children be punished for the acts of their parents?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

If a parent commits a crime, should the child reap the benefits of the crime?

Absolutely not.

If illegals who were brought here by the parents want someone to blame for being deported, they need only look at their mom and dad. They are the reason, no one else.

So why should the children be punished for the actions of their parents?

edit on 16-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

They aren't being punished, they are being returned to the land they were born in, and to the nation of which they are an actual LEGAL resident.

If they have a problem with that, thats something to be discussed over some tamales and Corona with their parents.

The blame lies squarely on their shoulders and theirs alone.

Since Obama sees fit to ignore the Constitution and the laws associated with it, perhaps it's time American citizens do the same. Ignoring all federal income tax laws would be a great place to start.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Indeed. They are the 'same' in the same way that jaywalking and murder are the 'same'.

Jaywalking and murder are the same. They are both violations of the law. The difference between them is punishment.

Why should the tax payers and those who are trying to immigrate here legally be punished for the childs parents actions?

Regardless of how they got here, they are here illegally. Maybe you can explain to me why those who are affected by Obamas EO have not bothered to try and make their status legal prior to it? They have had every opportunity to do so yet did not.

Why?

Could it be they know they are in country illegally and are in violation of immigration laws? If thats the case then they cant use the "my parents brought me here as a child" excuse.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Why do you hate cute pictures of baby seals?

Your argument is full of false equivalencies.

Jaywalking and murder are the same? LOL.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

it's not their fault that their parents took a risky gamble with their lives as infants.

To a certain extent I agree with you on this one - it is not the childs fault their parent broke the law. However, this whole issue is the direct result of our own failure to enforce good civic discipline and fiscal responsibility at the point of origin.

There are numerous steps at which the childs (and through them their parents) immigration status could and should be checked. When (if) they attempt to get any sort of government assistance i.e. medical treatment through Medicaid, food stamps, welfare or even unemployment. If these agencies checked status to ensure that the individual requesting it was legally a citizen or in the country legally we'd solve half the problem.

Secondly, when we let these kids enroll for school we should validate their status - at no time did our founders envision the taxpayers funding the education of the world. Just because you are here doesn't make you entitled to go to school on the taxpayer dole. To not check at that point encourages them to stay longer - then it’s a bleeding heart issue like it is now. "I mean now they are American's in all but name right?"

If we stopped it early it would have never got to this point.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Could it be they know they are in country illegally and are in violation of immigration laws? If thats the case then they cant use the "my parents brought me here as a child" excuse.

But in 2010, President Obama believed that those who were here illegally should own up to the fact they have skirted the law.....

[W]e have to demand responsibility from people living here illegally. They must be required to admit that they broke the law. They should be required to register, pay their taxes, pay a fine, and learn English. They must get right with the law before they can get in line and earn their citizenship -- not just because it is fair, not just because it will make clear to those who might wish to come to America they must do so inside the bounds of the law, but because this is how we demonstrate that being -- what being an American means.

- President Obama 2010

Yet here he is saying be damned your past transgression (what a difference a presidential election year does) and gave blanket pardons (not officially of course) to 16-30 demographics. The policy shift is, as I said in another thread, ingenious and insidious.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

then move....if you can't find the types of jobs you want, go to where the jobs are located.....
it's pretty simple

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

No matter what side your on I commend the President for his actions. Congress has done NOTHING to solve this issue at all, they have achieved nothing in their time in office. I don't understand why thats ok with so many republicans. So action is welcome to me, it shows leadership when there is absolutely none from everyone else running the US government.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join