US to stop deporting and grant work permits to younger illegal immigrants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Obama is a voter slut. Anything for a vote. Free stuff for everybody if you vote for me. Nothing more complicated than that. And yes, they can and do vote. Not legally, but they do.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The motives behind the pandering is what makes me sick. Our gov is infested with "players" who will sell out anybody and everybody they can, in order to maintain power and continue their agenda (whatever that may be). What will American citizens do about it? NOTHING. The US has become pathetic as to what we allow our corporate ran gov to get away with, especially when it come to the Constitution and immigration issues. So I wonder sometimes.........does it really matter anymore?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I agree with this decision. Governmental policies are complicated and I have no intention of debating what our border policy should be(another time perhaps.) I grew up in a largely Hispanic and Latino community. I know many people who entered this country at such a young age, and have become so Americanized, that to be sent to their country of birth would be a tragedy. Many young immigrants only speak English and maintain weak ties with their country of origin. They may only have a distant uncle or cousin to turn to hope to turn to, with no real hope of re-entering the country that they know and call home unless they do so illegally.

I believe it is important to treat others as we would like to be treated.

It's hard to put myself in the shoes of an immigrant but I know if I suddenly found out I was really born in Russia and moved here when I was an infant, I would have a really hard time with being deported "back" to Russia, then trying to create a whole new life for myself from nothing. Living in an unfamiliar environment, not knowing the language, not having even a friend to turn to. You would probably never see your friends or family again.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

God forbid that Obama actually believes that if they are going to be here they might as well be able to work legally. God forbid if Obama actually wants to help people who come from violent nations locked into battles with drug cartels and wildly corrupt politicians.

I guess by your own statement, "corrupt politicians" you are referring to Eric Holder???? You know, the guy that has allowed illegal weapons to walk into Mexico and is now lieing to Congress about his involvement in it????

Who does Eric Holder work for and who allows him to be one of the worst AG's this country has ever had???

Nice try!!!! Look into who supports the illegal drug trade in this country!!! (CIA, BANKS, Government) You also might want to look into the money trail!

Wake up before you make such ridiculous statements!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by premierepastimes

I believe it is important to treat others as we would like to be treated.

I fully agree with this statement. Now try going to Mex and demanding all the rights and benefits that illegals demand from US citizens. Yeah, maybe we should start treating them how they treat us, we would be much better off in doing so.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Obama pandering to the Hispanic vote, nothing more about it. Send the illegals back! What is so hard about this? Other countries have very strict laws and then our country is sold out!! It is really pissing me off

Yeah, that was my first thought when I heard about this on the radio this afternoon. It's election season and he is making moves to get the votes of different groups.

Like when he spoke out in favor of gay marriage ( Yes, I support that) he was trying to gain the support of the people who support that.

It's politics as usual and he is just trying to gain the Hispanic vote with this one.

Do I think they should be given workers permits? I don't know...I guess for me it depends on the individual case...But for the most part...I would like it if all people who wish to immigrate to the US, would do so the legal way, rather than cut in in line in front of those who have been working within the system for years to gain citizenship or workers permits.

I welcome anyone and everyone to this Country, but I think they should go about it the legal way...And yes, I understand that a child does not have a choice and has to do as their parents do..But well, I wish those parents would follow the law too...

But, again, at the end of the day,that is really only semantics and Obama is pandering to the Hispanic voter... nothing more, nothing less...

But...for what this post is worth...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Oh, good, this should really help the unemployed Americans. Way to go obama
But then again it is an election year and he does have to pander to the immigrant vote doesn't he, never mind you've got people here at home that need work, it's the vote that really counts.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The morality of the subject(illegal immigration) shouldnt be what is being debated....but the ETHICS of this decision itself.
The fact is, this is the absolute worst time in the history of this country to encourage a massive influx of new citizens.
No offense but at the moment illegal immigrants should be the last item on the government docket...everything except the middle east, should take a back seat to our main problem...the economy

This whole situation just reeks...aboslutely reeks of an AGENDA!
edit on 15-6-2012 by truthseeker808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I am with you it is for votes....that with no ID s needed to vote...he's got his second turn...time for a revolution...too many people sacrificed too much to become citizens for these illegals to just get rewarded like this...disgusting.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

It's the Mexican government that would be treating the foreigner like crap though, it would not be the Mexican people. The Mexican people definitely need to step it up and take their country back, reduce corruption and increase the quality of life for their people, but hey...so do we! I understand the argument that Mexico doesn't pick up enough slack but I don't really want to see our government using them as an example to follow

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by premierepastimes

Don't think for a second that the citizens of Mexico would let millions of "US" illegals come to their country, take over their jobs and bankrupt their states. They would not let it happen, trust me.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Maybe its because Illegal workers get paid less get less working rights etc Illegal workers have made many people rich in the states and here in Europe.

you know who makes people rich.......people in china...those workers are the real slaves

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't have as much of a problem with this if.........

The first sparks of my temper tantrum over this on another thread

The really long winded portion of my temper tantrum from same previous thread

And the cool down from the temper tantrum on the same thread

I have a valid reason for being upset over this

As much of a slap in the face this is to me, and others struggling through issues similar to mine, it's an outright face punch to one person I came across during my struggles on the legal side of immigration. Her husband was required to return to Mexico to wait for a decision on their petition to waive his inadmissibility due to previous entry without documentation, so he would be close to the one US consulate that processes Immigrant Visa's and..in his case waivers in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico he rented an apartment in the vicinity to await the decision.....the worst fate they imagined was their petition being denied, but fate gave them something worse. He was murdered during the horrible violence that was rampant during that time in Ciudad Juárez. It was heart wrenching to watch it all unfold on one of the immigration forums.

Although that specific thread is no longer available to view on the forum itself, if one is interested in a bit more details regarding this tragedy, there is an article titled "dying for a green card" hosted on numerous sites that relays more of the story and the fears of others who are going through similar processes in that area.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Here is a couple interesting news reports.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

must watch both.. not long.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am Latino and also Native American. Obviously, my ancestors were the first Americans in this USA, and I was born and raised in the USA. For that reason I believe that I am uniquely qualified to speak. It seems as though 'the chickens have come home to roost'. Obama, of course, being the Chicken Master, and opening the door wide to the chicken house. Obama, the Chicken Master/Messiah, of course, ensuring his share of the chicken votes--by hook or by crook. Make no mistake, as the epitome of Narcissist Messiah, Obama has no altrustic motive: Votes only and then--Next. Perhaps as another individual suggested, they'll (the 'new citizens')provide fodder for--his Next war. How much easier to bring in a North American Alliance and then the NWO--if borders, rights and a small thing called 'the Constitution' are being continuously erroded and replaced by 'Executive Order'? And with Him at the helm, of course!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is great news!
Obama is implementing economics from the past.
We import cheap labor from the south,
and as inflation lowers our purchasing power,
we lower the wages to the imported workers, and products remain cheap.
the GOP will help him pass bills eliminating and or lowering minimum wage.
The press gets to brag about how he came up with a bi-partisan plan.
Its America Again!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Obama is a traitor and needs to be impeached, arrested and made subject to the punishment for treason during time of war.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Oooops.... This is just bad staff work on the administrations part.

Obama says he can't change immigration laws on his own - July 25th 2011

President Obama told Hispanics today he is with them on overhauling the nation's immigration laws -- but he won't use executive orders to alter the law on things such as deportations.

"Now, I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own," Obama told members of a National Council of La Raza conference who shouted back, "Yes, you can! Yes, you can!"

"That's not how our democracy functions," Obama responded. "That's not how our Constitution is written."

He went on to say -

"Now, I swore an oath to uphold the laws on the books, but that doesn't mean I don't know very well the real pain and heartbreak that deportations cause," Obama said. "I share your concerns, and I understand them. And I promise you, we are responding to your concerns and working every day to make sure we are enforcing flawed laws in the most humane and best possible way."

So apparently because he thinks the law is flawed he can just ignore it.

As far as representing actual citizens

Pablo Alvarado, director of the National Day Laborer Organizing Network, said Obama's administration has deported more than 1 million people, calling it "an unprecedented civil rights crisis for our community."

"It is not enough for him to blame Congress or to bemoan the difficulty of his job," Alvarado said. "He can -- and must -- take action to protect members of our community who are under siege."

Members of your community are breaking the law.
Why aren't we prosecuting those who fail to report illegal immigrants.

I am not against immigration at all.

I am all for legal immigration - no more, no less.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i'm kinda liking obama more and more as his term comes to and end, and liking mitt less and less...i think im not alone in this. Clearly he will be re elected

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

While I understand that these people need to work to make their lives better, it's a slap in the face of everyday Americans for the Obama administration to have done this. It's bad enough that a lot of Americans cannot find a job and now they have even more competition.

Does it bother anyone else that our government seems to be saying that our borders are completely open now?

leanfor ward.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Americans can find jobs it's just that many of them refuse to work for the wages being offered. And even more refuse the job because they think it is beneath them.

And why are wages so low? Because why would some rich guy pay a citizen to take care of his mansion's landscape for $1,000 when he can pay an illegal $5 to do it?

They are leeches (illegals). They will do anything dirt cheap and screw everyone else over without a care. If they were smart they would start demanding the same wages as everyone else. Which means they would get paid better, and everyone else who's not an illegal would get paid even better too.
edit on 15-6-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join