It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blogger Martha Payne 'banned' from taking school dinner photos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Danny's mum sent in this picture from Alba in Spain

Different school dude!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

In the uk if its private property the owner can say no photo's if they choose. If its public property they cant stop you.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Originally posted by BMorris

More seriously, wow, why are the schools NOT being charged with starvation of a minor, if they are typical of school dinners nowdays.

Why is it the school's responsibility to feed the pupils? Surely that is a parents job.

Then why aren't the parents providing lunches for their children? Do you eat or drink anything after leaving your house in the morning until your return at night?

These kids don't have access to buy anything so they are forced to eat this. Somebody needs to be asking where is our money going?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

So this is private property? Or is it a public school?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Public school does not mean Public property. Most people dont realise that councils are actualy bussineses so even if its council owned its still private property. Unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I believe it is a public school.. so what the council thinks they can do to stop her is beyond me.

Yes, they could suspend her, but for what? Refusing to be restrained from freedom of speech?
They could kick her out of school completely..

But, going to school is a legal requirement..
So, IMO, the council would be breaking the law... twice!!

Should anyone wish to write to the council directly on it's web site, here's the link;
www.argyll-bute.gov.uk...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Ok so it's like that in UK. We have it completely different in here. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
What is £2 per head, per day?

An absolutely disgraceful waste of money that would be better spent providing our Military with better equipment

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You are misunderstanding, the kids ARE buying these meals, or rather, their parents are. They pay a weekly fee, directly to the school, to provide these meals. Only a small percentage of them get the meals totally free.

School dinners ARE NOT FREE DINNERS, and as such, should meat basic standards (typo intended, since its a discussion about food).

The weekly cost of school dinners is set by each scholastic district, and 20 years ago up here in Manchester it was £5.50 a week. I will grant thats not a huge amount, but it still is not free. So in essence, a school canteen is a pre-paid restauraunt.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I don´t know if this is a fulltime school. Here in Germany, there´s rarely (as much as I can say about in my region) a provided meal. Parents pack a lunch pack with bread, meat and vegetables here. If they stay at school over the midday, where they have their break after 5 or 6 hours, (45min) they mostly visit butchers or bakers to get some warm meal (1/2 chicken with bread, hot meatloaf with potato-salad for example).

However, most schools here in Germany use to have two days where the kids have afternoon classes. If they can´t come home in between because the bus ride would consume all the time, they have to look for what to eat. I cant speak for other parents but there´s always a fresh cooked warm meal waiting for the kids when they come from school.

A good breakfast, a healthy lunch pack and a little bit of money to buy something at the local butcher/bakery/local store if they have afternoon classes is enough.
It was this way when I was young and we all survived the day without being hungry.

BTT: Seeing that cheeseburger, it was probably made the day before

Parents, just leave to much to the government sometimes when it comes to the kids.

Edit: Not the same but we as parents have to pay a fee for spend papers, used wood in technical classed and so on. They collect a amount that I´m suspicious of that my son uses wood for 25€ the half year. That is the equivalent to the school meals.
edit on 15-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Public school does not mean public property. It means her education is paid out of public taxes, that is all it means.

The school and school grounds are still private property, owned by the Local Education Authority (LEA), and as such, right or wrongly, they can choose to ban, and enforce said ban, photography within their property boundaries (internal and external).

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
I don´t know if this is a fulltime school. Here in Germany, there´s rarely (as much as I can say about in my region) a provided meal. Parents pack a lunch pack with bread, meat and vegetables here. If they stay at school over the midday, where they have their break after 5 or 6 hours, (45min) they mostly visit butchers or bakers to get some warm meal (1/2 chicken with bread, hot meatloaf with potato-salad for example).

However, most schools here in Germany use to have two days where the kids have afternoon classes. If they can´t come home in between because the bus ride would consume all the time, they have to look for what to eat. I cant speak for other parents but there´s always a fresh cooked warm meal waiting for the kids when they come from school.

A good breakfast, a healthy lunch pack and a little bit of money to buy something at the local butcher/bakery/local store if they have afternoon classes is enough.
It was this way when I was young and we all survived the day without being hungry.

BTT: Seeing that cheeseburger, it was probably made the day before

Parents, just leave to much to the government sometimes when it comes to the kids.

And this is exactly the way it needs to be in this country. It isn't down to local councils to feed your kids. If you can't afford to feed your kids then you shouldn't even have them in the first place.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

What about parents who cannot afford to provide a packed lunch everyday? School meals have been an inherent part of the state school system for 50 years.

Here in Germany i don't even know a school that has "school lunch". It's the parents who provide their kids with food - or some grade schools have an order service, where the kids can decide what they want (i remember that from my grade school, basically everything except candy was fine to order, so in the end it was usually some sandwich and vegetables, delivered fresh every day from the local stores) and the parents of course had to pay.
And it works just fine. So what's the oh so big problem over there in the USA and Britain where it seems to be impossible for the parents to provide their own children with some healthy food when it works here and in a couple other european countries, those people sure as hell aren't any more rich but i guess they care more about their children?!

All i read and saw and heard about those american 'school lunches' makes me sick. It looks disgusting, the tales about the tales are horrific and that people allow their children to consume this crap is unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
@Citybig, why are you so opposed to children being fed at school? When you were a child, did you go from 7am until after 3.30pm without eating? Children are not self sufficient and a balanced nutritious diet is essential for a child's development and being malnourished at school will have a big impact on their ability to perform and their results.

My wife is a primary school teacher and it's incredible, the stories I hear of what the kids eat at home. For some of the kids with parents who don't give a crap, school is the only place they can get a full proper meal.

I would much rather the tax I pay go to feeding our own children properly at school than wars that we have no business in and overseas affairs.
edit on 15-6-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Well maybe her parents should get off there arse and pack her a sandwich before she leaves for school...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

That meal service from local stores is something they should do in my region, too. This prevents the kids from walking around outside from school and lowers the risk of an accident or even abuse.
A good idea I will take forward on the next parent meeting.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

What about parents who cannot afford to provide a packed lunch everyday? School meals have been an inherent part of the state school system for 50 years.

Here in Germany i don't even know a school that has "school lunch". It's the parents who provide their kids with food - or some grade schools have an order service, where the kids can decide what they want (i remember that from my grade school, basically everything except candy was fine to order, so in the end it was usually some sandwich and vegetables, delivered fresh every day from the local stores) and the parents of course had to pay.
And it works just fine. So what's the oh so big problem over there in the USA and Britain where it seems to be impossible for the parents to provide their own children with some healthy food when it works here and in a couple other european countries, those people sure as hell aren't any more rich but i guess they care more about their children?!

All i read and saw and heard about those american 'school lunches' makes me sick. It looks disgusting, the tales about the tales are horrific and that people allow their children to consume this crap is unbelievable.

Unfortunately a lot of British and American parents don't care about their children's well being and would rather spend their benefits on cigarettes and alcohol. They are also incapable of making healthy meals and use poverty or unemployment as an excuse It makes me ashamed to be British. There are a lot of good families out there too but it is way to common.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
An absolutely disgraceful waste of money that would be better spent providing our Military with better equipment

A choice between a meal for a child or weapons for killing and you'd choose killing.

If we lived in a world such as you propose we wouldn't have a world. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder, why dont you eat it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

But you see that it doesn´t work in your country. I even saw the issue come up on the Simpsons (yes I watch it sometimes
) where the school meals are always bad. I think Matt groening wants to reflect that and seems he´s right.

I don´t even want to know how the kitchen looks there

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
@Citybig, why are you so opposed to children being fed at school? When you were a child, did you go from 7am until after 3.30pm without eating? Children are not self sufficient and a balanced nutritious diet is essential for a child's development and being malnourished at school will have a big impact on their ability to perform and their results.

Why should the taxpayer pay for your kid to be fed? Why does that have to be our job? We already pay for most of these families housing and monthly dole payments.

My wife is a primary school teacher and it's incredible, the stories I hear of what the kids eat at home. For some of the kids with parents who don't give a crap, school is the only place they can get a full proper meal.

Her job is to TEACH, not speculate on the home lifes of her pupils. A school's job is to TEACH, not provide a place to eat off of the backs of the taxpayer. Not too difficult to understand, is it?

I would much rather the tax I pay go to feeding our own children properly at school than wars that we have no business in and overseas affairs.

And I would rather the money not get spent on substandard food, but on books, modern computers, better facilities, better quality teachers, more pleasant environs.

What is the point of subsidising food when the quality is so low anyway that they aren't really getting nourished at all?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join