It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of England to flood banking system with cash.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
they don't seem to understand, people are tired of working for measly wages and borrowing their way through life, so the bank fat cats can live the life of luxury. the gig is up and more people are waking up to the ponzi scheme everyday, therefore no matter how much money they print it wont work because in the words of Enter Shakari, "we're sick of this chit".

we need a whole new system and the bank fat cats along with the corporate slugs, just aren't part of it. the days of making money from doing absolutely nothing, are over.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
No ,

people need to learn how to use money ,
how spend and how to save what they have and not what they might have.

its as simple as that , pearls before swine if you will ,.

until then , this pulsating monetary system will go on as it has, then at some point there will be a big collapse a shtf scenario and it will just begin from the beginning and go on like it has until people learn.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think Albert Einstein sums this situation up nicely in the following two quotes attributed to him:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
and
The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them.

Both speak loud and clear about the fact that strong, probably unpopular decisions need to be made in order to start to rectify the situation, not just in the UK, or the Eurozone, but across the global economy.

To my mind, at the age of 40, all these measures ensure is that it continues to enslave our children and their children, because of something they had no part in. What a poor legacy to leave behind.
I am quite prepared, having looked at ways to make my life more frugal and streamlined, to take a hit, no, a considerable hit, in an effort to bring things into order from the chaos that is the global economy today.
I know we all blame the banks and the Governments that are in bed with them, but we all need to look at what we have done in the last ten years or so and ask ourselves some searching questions. Such as:

Did I really need that holiday if it was put on the credit card?
Did I really need to buy the new car when there was nothing wrong with the old one?
Could I have stayed in last night and saved a bit cos I know my car insurance is coming up soon?

You get my drift. Credit was only offered to consumers. Consumers took the credit, sometimes with scant disregard for whether or not they could repay it. Houses were purchased at the upper limits of the ability to repay. Was it a necessity due to a large family, or a piece of wealth to show off to others?
I hate banks and the banking system, and yes sure they are all out to look after number one. But to do that they need an obedient army of consumers to conduct business with.

I realise this will not be a popular thing to say, but I would like to see people drive down their costs, stop consuming, cut up their credit cards, and withdraw money from banks. Become a bit more self sufficient, use any savings they might have to help facilitate this. Try and do all they can to divorce themselves from banks. A bit more self inflicted hardship would do a lot of people a lot of good. It does make you more resilient, and helps you to see things for what they really are.

In short, the people hold the power, not the banks, not the politicians. There is a great word we have in our vocabulary we should all learn to use more often: NO. My parents and grandparents never had a credit card or a loan; if they couldn't afford something they saved for it or simply didn't have it.

I hope anyone reading this takes it in the intention as was intended. I have three young kids, and I will be buggered if they latch onto the whole consumerism machine that has enslaved the previous generation.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this scheme will not help anything any more than QE did. The Bank of England is uses the fractional reserve system just like everyone else, and need I remind you that the Rothschilds put that system into place in order to turn currency into debt. The only thing that can be created with this plan is more debt, as guess where the money comes from. Straight from the Rothschilds. Every dollar, euro, deutschemark, etc. that was ever created or ever will be created is based off debt. So now you may ask yourself, where does the money come from to pay these debts? Well, from the same people that created the debt in the first place, and that money, as well, would create more debt. Starting to see a pattern here? The entire system is at fault, not some greedy stock-brokers.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

I will respond to your excellent post with some lyrics from a song that deals with that issue directly.

"Strive, strive, surmount the obstacles
Become the essence of your goals
Hereditary dream
Pray that you may attain that destiny
Fall into the coveted line
Where life is but a theme
Of pretense in lustrous guise

Claims and values
Charts of means and status
Plaques to show your strife
Do your neighbour clones approve

Picture perfect illustration
Imitation of life
Where the path is evened out
All obstructions removed

Great viable citizen
Are you happy now?
Then praise your God and bow

Shimmering surface
The gleam of blinding lies
Become the product
The thing you so desire

To what length would you go to reach your goals?
What mantra will you use to justify your means?
Who will you betray to secure your dream?
What sins will you commit to avoid your sins be seen?

Do not look down
Do not look down
Or the abysmal beast of non-conformity
Might stare some unpleasant truth
Into your desensitized mind

Shimmering surface
The gleam of blinding lies
Become the product
The thing you so desire? - Meshuggah - Don't Look Down -

edit on 15/6/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Great stuff, I don't know the song but am liking the lyrics a lot

While we are on a lyrical theme then, my contribution is Pink Floyd, Sheep:

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out,
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan, and I have seen
Things are not what they seem.

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real.
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes.
Now things are really what they seem.
No, this is no bad dream.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by.
With bright knives He releaseth my soul.
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
He converteth me to lamb cutlets,
For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger.
When cometh the day we lowly ones,
Through quiet reflection, and great dedication
Master the art of karate,
Lo, we shall rise up,
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

Bleating and babbling I fell on his neck with a scream.
Wave upon wave of demented avengers
March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Have you heard the news?
The dogs are dead!
You better stay home
And do as you're told.
Get out of the road if you want to grow old.

Decide for yourself who the dogs and sheep are!

The pic says a lot, we really are sometimes unaware of our true power.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
This is just more quantitative easing just like all the other rounds in the past few years.
Nobody wants to face the fundamental problems in the global economy and banking system so they are going to keep printing to hold of the inevitable collapse.
The problem is the more they push these problems further ahead the worse the inevitable collapse will be.
Economists have warned about this for years yet they are just ignored as the printing presses are fired up.
I think we have gone so far now that when this does finally collapse life will never be the same again.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Until the world learns that the trickle down theory doesn't work the madness will continue.

I for one would like to test the trickle up theory. Just give the money to the people, they will then spend, save, borrow and the wheels of commerce will be greased and start to roll again.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

... and

reply to post by kcoyote

I have to say that there is a tendency to over simplify this issue. Luckily, that nasty old bank, the Bank of England has produced an explanation which even I could understand.

www.bankofengland.co.uk...

Hope this helps in our understanding.

Regards

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

That's a pretty kickin tune as well. Check out the embed in my previous post. It might not be to your liking from a musical standpoint, but it's worth a try. Meshuggah is what I would call the uncorruptible kings of metal. Their style is very rhythmically complex, but on the new album especially, they will often use a scheme where they are playing in 4/4, but the guitars and drums will add 3 or more beats to it so that it sounds out of sync for a number of bars and then it syncs up later on (8 bars or so). When you add in lyrics that would make any truth-seeker blush, it becomes a force to be reckoned with. Who knows, you might even come to love them as much as I do.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Most people don't realize this, but when they flood the system with cash, it just goes to the banks, and there is where it stays.

Almost none of it gets to main street.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Most people don't realize this, but when they flood the system with cash, it just goes to the banks, and there is where it stays.

Almost none of it gets to main street.

exactly, they print it up (the peoples money mind you) and give it to banks at zero interest, the banks then lend it to us and businesses but even that ponzi scheme isn't working now since the banks are hoarding the loot. must be nice to make money by lending people their own money.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Anyone who thinks this is not a corrupt way of paying off their banker buddies needs to ask themselves this... Why pump this cash into the banks, who have held it before and not loaned it out to small businesses as they were supposed to do, instead of giving it to the public in the form of tax breaks?

All our government would need to do is announce some PR stunt, saying that all those who have been paying taxes for more than 12 months will be "given" £20. Most will think "meh, £20 is nothing" and make a joke out of it, but people will still remember that they have that £20 to spend - even if they actually don't!

People always need an excuse to spend money on themselves, and they will find a way to justify it. Why not give them the excuse?

Instead of that money going into a bank where a corrupt system spins it and uses it for profit, give it to the people in a real way and let them spend it in the way they like, in the real economy.

I believe that this would help far more than giving more cash to the corrupt city.

It's all pointless anyway. The € is about to start its collapse, then the $ will follow. There is nothing any government can do to fill the trillions of $'s of fictional money swirling around the world.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Maybe they are doing this print run in preparation for the collapse of the Euro which will inevitably see a bank run going on here in the UK and so to avoid a 'It's a Wonderful Life' scenatio here, at least the banks will be able to dish out our sterling thus giving the 'impression' that we are OK and thus steming another Northern Rock queue outside the banks?

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join