It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vacation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's a wonderful word.
Vacation.
A return to your natural state of being.
Not dictated by what surrounds you.
Finding yourself,that lost little kid that was once you.

Have you rediscovered that lost zest for learning about life and what it may hold for you?

I have finally found the peace,the answer to all my questions,the zest for what was giving to me by my mother.
Life.

it's definitely not here or anywhere on the net.

It's home,it's in the street,it's everywhere but here.
I can find everything that is posted on ats anywhere.

Then we get an original story by oldcorp ,and his story gets canned and so does he.

It's a business,not some fantasy world.
If there is anyone who thinks they are making a difference by being on here,speak up,cause you are not.
Speak up on MSM sites,you will get put down also.

So my solution is # it,have fun. Life is short.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I agree with you 100% This site has lost it's way. I no longer post ( this is a reply) I scan it from time to time because of the very few interesting topics and perspectives. The mods are out of control and their personal biases are evident in what they purge and the silly demerits they hand out. This site is populated by those who haven't figured that out yet. Those of us who have spent a lot of time and effort here in the past have gone elsewhere to pursue honest and open discourse. Welcome to the ranks of former ATSers It's a growing cohort.

edit on 13-6-2012 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I agree OP. Life is too short to always been wondering and worrying. In these times though it's hard to forget what might lay ahead, but you just gotta keep your head up and push forward.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have felt this way at times also.

But in similar regards, all the negative aspects you mention also exist everywhere.

ATS has both positive and negative sides to it. It depends on what your focus is at the moment.

I realized a long time ago that there is rarely more than 500 members logged in at any one time.

So what you say about making a difference in the World as a whole has validity.

However, there are many topics on ATS that have been posted and discussed in the past.

I find myself using the search function more often lately to read old threads and learn more about topics that I just discovered.

I'm usually able to find a quality thread on the topic and I appreciate being to find so much info in one source.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

...I have been living that way for a while now and teaching as I learn..My 13 year old daughter and I were just discussing technical evolution and how the natural human mind has lost the instinct for survival.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bladerunner44

I agree with you 100% This site has lost it's way. I no longer post ( this is a reply) I scan it from time to time because of the very few interesting topics and perspectives. The mods are out of control and their personal biases are evident in what they purge and the silly demerits they hand out. This site is populated by those who haven't figured that out yet. Those of us who have spent a lot of time and effort here in the past have gone elsewhere to pursue honest and open discourse. Welcome to the ranks of former ATSers It's a growing cohort.

edit on 13-6-2012 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for your response.
There is a fine line between being open and being vulgar.
I know of the places you have referred to and there is some new things that aren't seen around.

I have become sort of a skimmer of info and less of a poster.
If I feel it warrants attention,I will try to get it out there if not already done.
But,I have become lazy.
Uninterested at times..

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

I agree OP. Life is too short to always been wondering and worrying. In these times though it's hard to forget what might lay ahead, but you just gotta keep your head up and push forward.

-SAP-

Thanks,man.
Yes!
Life is to short to spend all your time worrying about inpending doom.
Live in the here and now,enjoy what you can.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
OP I agree, you can share information to people who 9 times outta 10 are never receptive. I have shut down on more then one occasion, because the info coming out has pushed me to the brink, and not made any difference. Deep down we should enjoy our little freedoms while we can.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
I have felt this way at times also.

But in similar regards, all the negative aspects you mention also exist everywhere.

ATS has both positive and negative sides to it. It depends on what your focus is at the moment.

I realized a long time ago that there is rarely more than 500 members logged in at any one time.

So what you say about making a difference in the World as a whole has validity.

However, there are many topics on ATS that have been posted and discussed in the past.

I find myself using the search function more often lately to read old threads and learn more about topics that I just discovered.

I'm usually able to find a quality thread on the topic and I appreciate being to find so much info in one source.

Sure,there are a lot of great threads you can discover on here.
But,where is the closure,the finilaty or what ever you want to call it.

Lot of open cases out there in my opinion with no solutions.

To me,it becomes,what's the point. It's not affecting me personally ,only in the time spent wast?ed on here away from what is real.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
OP I agree, you can share information to people who 9 times outta 10 are never receptive. I have shut down on more then one occasion, because the info coming out has pushed me to the brink, and not made any difference. Deep down we should enjoy our little freedoms while we can.

I could be wrong,but you look like a kats fan.

I was talking to fellow employees from across the country tonight ,we have gathered for a training session.
Nobody has heard of anything here on ats.
Or any booming noises from Michigan,nothing.
Some of them are from there,some from a far.

It's a farce,have fun and play.

top topics

join