It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By summer's end- The USA and al-Qaeda will be formal allies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I know there have been a bunch of threads involving Syria and such recently but I wanted to approach the subject from a different perspective. I believe the conflict is just emblematic of a larger conflict that started with the invasion of Iraq. That is a regional civil war between Shia and Sunni Islam for hegemony. People will say, “oh no its just Zionist and American imperialism,” which is true, BUT I think the Sunnis and Shias are just as enthused by this war as the Zionist and are NOT just being manipulated. I’d like to break down how I see this shaping up.

Sunni side:

United States- It appeared originally that America was attempting to align itself with the Shia forces by invading Iraq and freeing its mostly Shia people from their Sunni overload Sadam. Also, at the time of the invasion the US was not putting nearly the pressure as today on other Shia forces, such as Iran or Syria. I think once the United States saw that the Shia’s in Iraq had no intention of letting them be their puppet masters the tide started to shift. Once Iran (Shia) saw what a folly the US had walked into in Iraq they began positioning themselves as the regional preeminent power. The United States has taken note.

Israel- The Israeli’s really don’t have a choice. The Sunni’s hate them, but at the moment they are more scared of Iran than Israel. There is an unsaid peace between the Gulf States and Israel right now in preparation for war.

The Gulf States- Namely Saudi Arabia is scared to death of the Iranian regime. The Saudi’s have had an ongoing rivalry with the Iranians since the inception of the Islamic Republic. The idea of an Islamic regime, run by the mullahs like in Iran, spreading to the Arabian Peninsula is what the Saudi king wishes to avoid. The Gulf States have given permission for Israel to fly over their territory on the way to an Iranian attack. If this isn’t clear evidence of the Saudi’s commitment to destroy Shiaism I don’t know what is.

Al-Qaeda- The many groups associated with al-Qaeda have all but formally signed up for the US/Sunni agenda. These groups represent the first wave sent into middle-eastern battlefields. As we have seen in Libya, it was al-Qaeda fighters who eventually sacked Tripoli and removed Gadhafi. The al-Qaeda/US alliance had so much success in Libya they are trying their hand in Syria.

Shia side:

Russia- The Russians used to be all in with the Arab Sunni states during the 1960s and 70s. Resupplying Syria, Egypt and Jordan during the Arab-Israel conflicts of the times. In Iran however, Russia has found a new friend. The Iranians represent a perfect ally to counterweight America’s influence in the region.

Syria- Syria is actually a Sunni Arab country but the government of Assad is Shia. Assad’s Shia sect only makes up about 10% of the Syrian population at large. That is why Assad knows he must fight with utter brutality to stay in power.

Hezbollah- This terror group is not as well known as al-Qaeda but is probably better trained and certainly better equipped. Unlike al-Qaeda that has been chased and killed around the world for the last 12 years, Hezbollah has been free to do as they please. With their base in southern Lebanon, Hezbollah has been training and strengthening with totally immunity for decades.

I know a lot of this has been said already, I just hadn’t heard it put in the context of a middle-east wide war between the two branches of Islam before. I think Iran and the Gulf States are just as excited by the upcoming conflict as American corporatist and bankers. So what branch of Islam will be left standing?

edit on 13-6-2012 by KnawLick because: title adjust

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
By summer's end- The USA and al-Qaeda will be allies???? Oh...ok. hahahahahah I thought they were already allies? People need to travel further down the rabbit hole!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4nothin

Formal allies

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Al Qaeda is just the front organisation that legitimises the US Government sponsored murder of thousands each year.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Bashar Al-Assad only operates under the guise of a Shi'a Muslim, specifically in reference to the Alawi tradition. His actions, such as brainwashing his army into literally worshipping him and saying "there is no God but Bashaar" completely negates what he says.

That is what I call the hole in this. Not to mention the sunni and shi'a leadership all over the east are nothing but puppets with only 5% free will when it comes to the US and Israel. Iran is the odd man out because Ahmedinijad isn't gonna be ruled by either, or. This has nothing to do with Islam.

Also, al-qaeda wouldn't exist without the US. They're more than allies right now, al-qaeda is like McCains love child to the US.
edit on 13-6-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The U.S. created Al CIA da back in the 80's. Whenever the U.S. needs to go do "regime change", or take away liberties at home, they send in there boys Al Qaeda to stir up trouble. Then the western propaganda machine is revved up to sell it to the ignorant masses.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KibbleChild

Everything said so far here is true... al-Qauda and the CIA have been "cozy" for decades but the US's position has always been that they are the enemy...

...My point is once the real war goes live that won't be the case anymore. I think we will stop hearing how bad al-Qauda is and have it replace with Hezbollah.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If they do become allies, will they still be called al Qaeda?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i highly doubt it because if any one has been paying any attention

to any of this they are already formal allies!!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
We ARE Al CIA da:

BBC

rense

NYT

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4nothin

Way down the rabbit whole.
They've been allies since what?...1987? I think that's about right.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
thread fail

sadly, it appears everyone here forgets history... oh well, as you were..

new topics

top topics

join