It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Watts ☮ The Way of Waking Up

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilburMercer

Originally posted by Theophorus
reply to post by robhines

Why anyone would ever succumbe to these false teachings is beyond me. Hinduism and buddhism teach that mans own sufficiency lies within. Ever ask a hindu or a buddist why is it that if reincarnation is a fact, why has the worlds population increased from 300 million people in 1AD to over 7 billion in 2011. Where are all these new souls coming from. The math just doesnt add up.The answers are not within yourselves.One can only have true peace through the Judeo Christian god.

These teachings may not be for you but there are many paths up the mountain and they all lead to the summit. Be thankful you don't have to push an enormous boulder up to the mountain peak as well. ( and have it roll away from you as you reach the top and roll all the way back down again..over and over again)

Your math question is easy, the 7 billion figure is the total number of souls who were incarnated on this planet throughout history (and a few others). All of these 7 Billion souls have chosen to incarnate now...Hmm...I wonder why? Do you think that something monumental is about to happen perhaps? Do you think that something epic in the history of the cosmos is about to happen? Maybe the greatest show in the history of the cosmos is about to happen very soon? Only peace through a Judeo Christian God? If that is what you chose to believe, I guess it's your choice, I would just submitt that you may wish to reconsider your position.
notice i did say "true peace" sounds to me like you subscribe to the Baha's ideals. Truth is that there is only one true god .only through human reasoning and revelation can he be know. Now, do you care to reason or would you prefer to imagine.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

brilliant. You do know that you are quoting this to fit your own idealistic pov. God is within us however as the hindus make you believe you and god are the same. You are not the same as god. God is infinite you are not. God created you, you did not create yourself. Truth be known; enlightenment is knowledge. Do you actually think that any human being could ever measure up to the knowledge of god. Brilliant absolutely brilliant.

Of course most/all of us aren't currently the same as God. Without all the conditioning and delusions though? Who knows. If/When we wake up though, maybe we'll find that there's no division between ourselves and God. I respect Christians by the way, there's no division between a Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, etc, the way I see it. Apart from the false divisions that exist in the world, of course.

maybe you should check your math. Number of planets= billions . Number of life forms found=0

We've only just started searching, and our methods are currently very limited.

Truth is that there is only one true god.

Yes, and you might find out one day that s/he is in fact, everything.
edit on 16-6-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Why anyone would ever succumbe to these false teachings is beyond me. Hinduism and buddhism teach that mans own sufficiency lies within. Ever ask a hindu or a buddist why is it that if reincarnation is a fact, why has the worlds population increased from 300 million people in 1AD to over 7 billion in 2011. Where are all these new souls coming from. The math just doesnt add up.The answers are not within yourselves.One can only have true peace through the Judeo Christian god.

oh dear... this is painful to read...

Do you believe "earth" is the ONLY place life exists in the entire universe?

Perhaps you should recheck your math...

maybe you should check your math. Number of planets= billions . Number of life forms found=0

We JUST recently reached the edge of our galaxy... And our "galaxy" is a pin prick of light in the vastness of space...

Get real dude... To believe we are the only life in the universe is sadly nieve...

But feel free to hold your belief, its only a matter of time...

Its not even about math... its simple logic...

edit on 16-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Why dont you expand a little and enlighten me as to these "divisions" between us as humans and god.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Why dont you expand a little and enlighten me as to these "divisions" between us as humans and god.

I'd prefer it that you researched the same thing yourself!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

We JUST recently reached the edge of our galaxy... And our "galaxy" is a pin prick of light in the vastness of space...

Get real dude... To believe we are the only life in the universe is sadly nieve...

hypothetically speaking other life forms on other planets in other galaxies make perfect sense. Reincarnation does not. Populations weather on a different planets or on our own increase not decrease. Thats logic. It is about the math.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

hypothetically speaking other life forms on other planets in other galaxies make perfect sense. Reincarnation does not. Populations weather on a different planets or on our own increase not decrease. Thats logic. It is about the math.

Just gotta open your mind my friend... Have you seen "back to the future"?

Ol Doc brown would say... "Marty!! You're just not thinking 4th dimensionally!!"

Hypothetically speaking...

Consider the size of said universe (unimagineable)... Now suppose some where within this or another universe... a planet containing intelligent life with a population of trillions gets hit by a meteor...

Trillions of souls are now free to incarnate on whatever planet at that point... no?

Does your bible not say "anything is possible with God"?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I listen to Allan Watt from time to time. He's not really much different from Alex Jones. He's just calmer, no yelling or crying. Plus he's a little more fatalistic. All doom and gloom, there is no hope.

My only gripe with him is that he'll take any movie, TV show or song, and go on about how the Illuminati planned the whole story to brainwash us. There is no human endeavor he won't spin into a conspiracy.

Edit: My bad. After listening to the OP's video, I see Allan Watt and Allan Watts are not the same person.
I still recommend Allan Watt's nightly show.
www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com...
edit on 16-6-2012 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

right. Thought so. See, hinduism is a philosophy or many philosophies. There is no hindu theology. If anyone here can prove hindu philosophy through reason and revelation ill be willing to listen . Its all just a bunch of BS

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

right. Thought so. See, hinduism is a philosophy or many philosophies. There is no hindu theology. If anyone here can prove hindu philosophy through reason and revelation ill be willing to listen . Its all just a bunch of BS

Judge ye not my friend... :shk:

Learn about it to understand it... Don't assume its all BS...

1 Reverence for Our Revealed Scriptures
Hindus believe in the divinity of the Vedas, the world's most ancient scripture, and venerate the Agamas as equally revealed. These primordial hymns are God's word and the bedrock of Sanatana Dharma, the eternal religion which has neither beginning nor end.

2 All-Pervasive Divinity
Hindus believe in a one, all-pervasive Supreme Being who is both immanent and transcendent, both Creator and Unmanifest Reality.

3 Three Worlds and Cycles of Creation
Hindus believe there are three worlds of existence--physical, astral and causal--and that the universe undergoes endless cycles of creation, preservation and dissolution.

4 The Laws of Karma and Dharma
Hindus believe in karma--the law of cause and effect by which each individual creates his own destiny by his thoughts, words and deeds--and in dharma, righteous living.

5 Reincarnation and Liberation
Hindus believe that the soul reincarnates, evolving through many births until all karmas have been resolved, and moksha--spiritual knowledge and liberation from the cycle of rebirth--is attained. Not a single soul will be eternally deprived of this destiny.

6 Temples and the Inner Worlds
Hindus believe that divine beings exist in unseen worlds and that temple worship, rituals, sacraments as well as personal devotionals create a communion with these devas and Gods.

7 Yoga Guided by a Satguru
Hindus believe that a spiritually awakened master, or satguru, is essential to know the Transcendent Absolute, as are personal discipline, good conduct, purification, pilgrimage, self-inquiry and meditation.

8 Compassion and Noninjury
Hindus believe that all life is sacred, to be loved and revered, and therefore practice ahimsa, "noninjury."

9 Genuine Respect for Other Faiths
Hindus believe that no particular religion teaches the only way to salvation above all others, but that all genuine religious paths are facets of God's Pure Love and Light, deserving tolerance and understanding.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I don't know much about Hinduism, sorry.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What do you mean by "judge me not" ? What a cop out. You forgot "least ye be judged". do you even know what is implied by that saying? Please tell me why i can not judge.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

What do you mean by "judge me not" ? What a cop out. You forgot "least ye be judged". do you even know what is implied by that saying? Please tell me why i can not judge.

It was a request... not a demand...

Judge me however you like... you are free!!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I don't know much about Hinduism, sorry.
of course you dont. And im sure if you did, you would find it all to be a bunch of hog wash.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

according to hinduism you have no free will. All is predetermined . What kind of god would subject his creation to bondage?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

according to hinduism you have no free will. All is predetermined . What kind of god would subject his creation to bondage?

Not everything in the religion is completely correct... as with all religion...

What kind of God would condone, and even "command" his children to murder one another?

Have you checked the "kill count" in the bible?

Guess who winning the race...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Not everything in the religion is completely correct... as with all religion...

What kind of God would condone, and even "command" his children to murder one another?

Have you checked the "kill count" in the bible?

Guess who winning the race...

Im sorry that the bible puts a bad taste in your mouth. It is what it is.God is a just god. This is truth. If you dont like the raw truth, go search in vain for your own idealistic pov.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

Your truth... not mine...

also

Your God... not mine

My God does not harm his children... they do it fine on their own unfortunatly...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Theophorus

Your truth... not mine...

also

Your God... not mine

My God does not harm his children... they do it find on their own unfortunatly...

who are you to determine what god does or does not do or how god acts or does not act.So now god is considered an equal ?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It amazes me how little thinking Christians do. One day they're going to figure out Jesus was a mushroom.

Notice his crown of thorns, his outstretched arms and the veil he wears, his ability to turn water into wine, and the fact that he will die and resurrect himself in 3 days.

Mark 14:22 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take it; this is my body."

Matthew 26:27 Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you.

There's ole Jesus again, as the Holy Grail.

A book on the subject:

www.ambrosiasociety.org...

And a documentary:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join