It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaldean Archbishop: True Christianity Is a Persecuted Christianity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

For me and my community and the coming Year of Faith, we have prayed for that a lot and have had retreats and workshops to prepare and celebrate with the young people in our parishes. We see it as strengthening our relationship with Jesus who suffered and was crucified. This means reflecting on our wounds and not just bearing them, but taking these wounds with joy that we have participated in the suffering of Our Lord. We believe that true Christianity is a persecuted Christianity. That's true all over the world. We can reflect on the past 10 years and say that the Lord is telling us something here.

Full article

I couldn't agree more. This Western Christianity™ that believes in military might has nothing in common with what the Scriptures teach as the message of ha'Mashiach (the Christ).

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Hmmm, I thought true Christianity was caring for orphans and widows in their time of need and loving one's neighbor as themselves. Silly Bible, someone should remove those verses with the next revision. We live in a country with freedom of religion, what should we do preach the gospel until someone punches us in the face?

edit on 12-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Most of the churches don't teach true Jesus issues. Tread them like pan-handlers and turn and walk away, just like anyone that attempts to sell nonsense.

The world doesn't need bogus god concepts of books that supply the same.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Hmmm, I thought true Christianity was caring for orphans and widows in their time of need and loving one's neighbor as themselves. Silly Bible, someone should remove those verses with the next revision. We live in a country with freedom of religion, what should we do preach the gospel until someone punches us in the face?

Now, come on. You know darn well that's not what this statement of his is claiming. Where did he claim that we shouldn't care for orphans or widows and loving our neighbors? Now you're just trolling.

And yes we should preach the Gospel until, and AFTER, someone punches us in the face. Do you disagree that the Church is supposed to be meek and persecuted as opposed to being the oppressor?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

It also says blessed is he who is persecuted in my name (Jesus )! Mathew 5:11

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
Most of the churches don't teach true Jesus issues. Tread them like pan-handlers and turn and walk away, just like anyone that attempts to sell nonsense.

Where are these churches? I've never been to one like that.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

It also says blessed is he who is persecuted in my name (Jesus )! Mathew 5:11

True, i'm not saying the persecute church won't receive great blessinga for enduring. My question was what should folks do wbo live in a so iety with religious liberty? Make people offended enough to punch us or abuse us? We were born in America not China, how is that the fault if the American Christian? Should we piss folks off enough that they violate our civil rights? Is that what Christ wants, for us to offend people so they attack us??

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

They are a dime a dozen and on every other street corner passing the plate every chance they get. The ones that always make the mystery a little deeper, set it to music, and have a performance of pulpit pounding with a little guilt and hellfire tossed in for drama.

The only difference between the church and the Midway show with the mystery of the various embellished odd animals or persons is the mystery gets solved with the admission fee. Near instant gratification there.

With churches, they figured out that a good mystery sells, so they deliver the most complicated one that they can embellish and never tell the sheep being fleeced any better what the whole truth is, year after year-----and then they at least bury you with the PT Barnum carney motto of a sucker born everyday.

The Masons teachings of the mystery school is where the rubber meets the road and they tell you the whole story at the end of the long walk up the ladder to 33 rd, and they help little kids in the walk along their pathway to enlightenments. The Masons know better than to give up the secret too early and they also insist that the level of each enlightment step is protected from the lower levels learning the information prematurely. There are no instant gratifications and you have to take a little trip down to hell to get up to heaven in the celestial stars and find the whole story at level 33. Even Adam Weishaupt recognized the best way to capture and keep attention was to sustain a mystery. The Masons pay off at the end, and churches conceil theirs so it never ends.

The only ones that delivered on getting what one paid for was the Carney's show, and the Masons. The Organized Church keeps the biggest elements of the truth to solve the mystery all locked up away from sheep that really wanted to know how to keep the wolves away from their door. The book that sells the mystery is the Bible's game and the churches don't want anyone reading other books that break their spell on the easily controlled masses. Ah yes, they promiss to deliver after you are dead and gone. Ha!

Put a robe on PT Barnum and he'd have run a mega-church, but he was too honest for that.

edit on 12-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Breaking the Mystery School's secrets for business and fleecing the sheep.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

That's a TON of smoke. I've never heard or been to a church like that. If there are a few then it's a fallacy to use the exception to the rule to try and define the rule.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

That's a TON of smoke. I've never heard or been to a church like that. If there are a few then it's a fallacy to use the exception to the rule to try and define the rule.

The only smoke is on the religion side with the god that sits upon a mtn as smoke, and the Pope's incense burner with Holy Smoke.

Everyone knows it is really easy to break into the religion game, and getting ordained is a whole lot simpler than going to college and learning something solid.

All the best scammers in the world hide behind the cloth of the churches, and strive to surpass Elmer Gantry by helping keep the secrets of the Clan of Anu. You know YahWeh, consort for Ashtoreth, and later called Jehovah----that Club of Anu that Abraham cultivated.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Won't argue with you there. Religion is man-made smoke. I cant stand religion, check my sig.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Now, come on. You know darn well that's not what this statement of his is claiming. Where did he claim that we shouldn't care for orphans or widows and loving our neighbors? Now you're just trolling.

And yes we should preach the Gospel until, and AFTER, someone punches us in the face. Do you disagree that the Church is supposed to be meek and persecuted as opposed to being the oppressor?

No, not trolling.. I'm openly and unapologetically mocking. Im not really concerned with what the man said, but what THE BIBLE SAYS is pure and undefiled religion. What Christ said is the great two commands of God. And my question was based on the OP. If "true Christianity" is persecution then what should we do in a society with religious liberty? Piss folks off soo much that they become violent so we can feel like we get a blessing? Just toss Ephesians 4:15 right out the window I suppose?? How is it our fault in America that we were born here and not China, Saudi Arabia, or Indonesia?? Did we have a choice?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Try a catholic church , Mormon church , ad quite a few others who have taken the message and perverted it

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Try a catholic church , Mormon church , ad quite a few others who have taken the message and perverted it

Oh.. you might be right then, I'm not Catholic or Mormon. Perhaps they are like that, but then again, most people I know who worship Christ don't call them "Christians". 20+ million Christians were murdered by the Catholics in the dark ages and Mormons mock the cross of Christ and teach He was the spirit-brother of Lucifer.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

It's also a fallacy to claim that because you've never experienced something then that something doesn't exist. That'd be the same as saying, "I just can't believe a church would ever do something like that." It's called an argument from incredulity fallacy.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

It's also a fallacy to claim that because you've never experienced something then that something doesn't exist. That'd be the same as saying, "I just can't believe a church would ever do something like that." It's called an argument from incredulity fallacy.

I asked for examples because I have never experienced such a thing. That's a fact. Don't straw man me, i never said they do not exist. I said I have never experienced anything like that.

Still waiting for them.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

No, not trolling.. I'm openly and unapologetically mocking. Im not really concerned with what the man said, but what THE BIBLE SAYS is pure and undefiled religion. What Christ said is the great two commands of God. And my question was based on the OP. If "true Christianity" is persecution then what should we do in a society with religious liberty? Piss folks off soo much that they become violent so we can feel like we get a blessing? Just toss Ephesians 4:15 right out the window I suppose?? How is it our fault in America that we were born here and not China, Saudi Arabia, or Indonesia?? Did we have a choice?

Yes, you are being mocking which makes you a hypocrite. You claim to preach the Scriptures but then you behave in an unscriptural manner.

And he's not saying that we MUST be persecuted. He's making the point that there's a difference between the Church as defined in the Scriptures and the "church" of Western Christianity™ which is a church that promotes military might and unscriptural behavior like "just war theory" and support for the death penalty. That's not a persecuted Church; that's a persecuting church.

See, I thought you and I were like-minded individuals because I also follow nothing but Scriptures and reject man-made religion. But clearly we are not. You are very caught up in your ego and your interpretation of Scriptures to the point where you blindly attack people and will even manipulate what they are saying in order to do so. You are being an example of a persecuting church rather than a humble (and possibly persecuted) Church.

I'm done with you now. I have nothing more to say.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I asked for examples because I have never experienced such a thing. That's a fact. Don't straw man me, i never said they do not exist. I said I have never experienced anything like that.

Still waiting for them.

As I said, argument from incredulity fallacy. Just because you never experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's like atheists arguing that the Most High isn't real because they've never experienced Him the way we have.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Really, i plant my foot down and stand firm on what the Bible actually says and I'm the bad guy? What does what Ceaser want to do have to do with being the hands and feet of Christ? I dont even vote because I don't agree with what the politicians do and say. But I suppose that makes me the bad guy. Me and my Bible will sit in the corner and keep to ourselves. :|

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Still waiting for them.

As I said, argument from incredulity fallacy. Just because you never experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's like atheists arguing that the Most High isn't real because they've never experienced Him the way we have.

Again.. where did I claim it "did not exist"? I said show proof because I have never experienced anything like that. Asking for someone to provide evidence for their claim is not a fallacy. It's asking them to provide the burden of proof that rests on them as the party who first affirmed the positive claim. Sorry, it might just be me, but arbitrary conjectures shouldn't be allowed to stand as undisputed fact without support.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join