It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaldean Archbishop: True Christianity Is a Persecuted Christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by shaluach

Really, i plant my foot down and stand firm on what the Bible actually says and I'm the bad guy? What does what Ceaser want to do have to do with being the hands and feet of Christ? I dont even vote because I don't agree with what the politicians do and say. But I suppose that makes me the bad guy. Me and my Bible will sit in the corner and keep to ourselves. :|

You are standing firm on what Scripture says (Bible™ is a term invented by the Western Christianity™ movement) and so does the Archbishop. So I don't get why you have this desire to be the center of attention and go on the offensive against him, even to the point where you invent strawmen to attack him on.

And please don't play the martyr card here. No one is calling you "the bad guy." No one is talking about voting. I don't vote for these politicians either. We are not called to vote for the Caesars and Procurators, etc. of these modern Roman empires.

You have taken this completely off topic.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Because the archbishop is attacking the bride. I wont stand for that. I already have a VERY low view of the Nicolatians, and when they carelessly make claims like this man did well I will defend the sheep.

edit on 12-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Again.. where did I claim it "did not exist"? I said show proof because I have never experienced anything like that. Asking for someone to provide evidence for their claim is not a fallacy. It's asking them to provide the burden of proof that rests on them as the party who first affirmed the positive claim. Sorry, it might just be me, but arbitrary conjectures shouldn't be allowed to stand as undisputed fact without support.

And just because someone may not be able to provide said evidence at the drop of a dime on the internet, mainly because it's based on personal experience, doesn't mean that they don't exist. Can you provide evidence for the existence of the Most High that would be sufficient to an atheist even though you claim He exists?

No, and neither could I. Mainly it's based on personal experience. Same principle applies. So please stop acting like the atheists.

As a final note, I'm going to leave you with some Scripture:

14Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.

- 2 Timothy 2

Don't just READ the Scriptures; live by them. I refuse to quarrel with you any longer because it is not of substance in the least bit.

Shalom.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Christianity is NOT defined by what is done to us (persecution), but it is defined by what we do for others (serving in love). And yes, I can show that God exists. But that doesn't mean that it must convince. Valid evidence does not need to convince to be valid. The heptadic structure of the Biblical text and the accuracy of prophecy prove the existence of an omniscient entity that exists outside of the spacetime dimension. Even creation declares the glory of God, skeptics are without excuse. Believing in God depends on how far a person's dial of skepticism is turned to the right.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

14Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.

- 2 Timothy 2

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You're spamming. Anyone can play single-verse theology. I can quote two verses right now that if you followed them to a T it would lead to alcoholism. You made this thread, don't get angry when people discuss it. That's what internet forums are all about. If you would rather post a news article and be selective of the responses I suggest starting your own blog.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

reply to post by MagnumOpus

Won't argue with you there. Religion is man-made smoke. I cant stand religion, check my sig.

Take care.

You, the person that memorized the entire Bible, who quotes it constantly and whose entire world now centers on it now called religion man-made smoke. Plus, now you can't stand the Bible, the center for Christian religion.

Me thinks you making smoke to hide that you are the total Bible thumper. You are the one about Jesus is your god, not Jesus, The Man.

You typically play your Bible is the only book and ignore the rest of history.

edit on 13-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Sounds double-talk

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I never said "I can't stand the Bible" I said I can't stand man-made religion. Relationship with Christ has nothing to do with religion. Christ was the most anti-religious person to walk the face of the Earth. True Christianity is about a relationship with God through Christ His Son. Religion is about following rules to earn favor and blessing from God and to make oneself look good to other people. I NEVER said "I can't stand the Bible". I love the Bible, love everything about the Bible, and also believe that just because someone owns one it doesn't entitle them to keep writing verses to it. The Bible says that pure and undefiled religion is caring for the widows and orphans in their time of need and the law is fulfilled in 1 word, love.

That's it. Has absolutely nothing to do with religion. I told you other times that I hate organized religion and have nothing to do with it. Christ mocked the religious folks and called them fools and hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It's not a game. It's not spamming. It's pointing out something to you that you are ignoring. Christians are not to engage in pointless debate, especially with someone like you who goes on the offensive and invents a strawman to attack which is what you have done with the archbishop. Your arrogance is staggering.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I never said "I can't stand the Bible" I said I can't stand man-made religion. Relationship with Christ has nothing to do with religion. Christ was the most anti-religious person to walk the face of the Earth. True Christianity is about a relationship with God through Christ His Son. Religion is about following rules to earn favor and blessing from God and to make oneself look good to other people. I NEVER said "I can't stand the Bible". I love the Bible, love everything about the Bible, and also believe that just because someone owns one it doesn't entitle them to keep writing verses to it. The Bible says that pure and undefiled religion is caring for the widows and orphans in their time of need and the law is fulfilled in 1 word, love.

That's it. Has absolutely nothing to do with religion. I told you other times that I hate organized religion and have nothing to do with it. Christ mocked the religious folks and called them fools and hypocrites.

It shows you buy absolutely into the Bible's narratives, but that leaves you far short of the truth in religions. That unfortunately makes you part of the problem and not the solution.

The Bible's collections of stories have been tampered with, so they mislead in many areas. The Bible's story starts with a beginning of partial history so you miss the critical issues that led up to where the Bible Narrative begins. They left off the Book of Enoch, that would have helped keep others from being misled.

The story before the Bible's Narrative begins is what the Masons dig into, ultimately. They find things like the City of Ur, which was a home for Abraham and where that deal from god came from was linked to the clan of Anu. The City of Ur as much like Egypt with extensive use of irrigation and water systems that came from a high intelligence. The City of Ur's Ziggarat was what Nimrod tried to emulate in Babylon.

The story of Jesus is linked to the 2nd temple's problems with their buy-in for the Babylon Talmud, which is still only part of the story and one the Essene and the Jesus sect called corrupt religion with terms like Whore and Snakes. But even the vision that Jesus had from that same period was short of the truth and he made mistakes also. The Masons consider the story of Jesus of little value to the whole of study for religion that he is considered more a liabilty than a benefit to study much. Which leaves you cast in that same uber level of knowledge that causes more problems than good. Jesus is usually valued from a moral teaching perfection, but not from the truth for what god was about.

You appear to think that learning this Bible Information is somehow going to atone for all the bad things that you have done in life, and thus you appear obcessive and compusive toward the Bible and Jesus isssues. That won't save you from your internal enemies, especially when you have not done the real homework of study outside and before the Bible's Narratives beginnings that give one the fuller truth of gods and sources for religions.

Until you can lay down that one book that you think makes you special above all others, you will be stuck in a self-aggrandization mode that doesn't seek truth and one that involves reading and much more work to get to the truth that you seek to deny from your limited view.

edit on 13-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: There is much more history than just Bible's carefully staged and limited view

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Hmmm, I thought true Christianity was caring for orphans and widows in their time of need and loving one's neighbor as themselves. Silly Bible, someone should remove those verses with the next revision. We live in a country with freedom of religion, what should we do preach the gospel until someone punches us in the face?

You know exactly that's not what that mean. What the OP was trying to say is that Christians, until the end will be a persecuted group, which you know!

EDIT: I'm a bit embarrased, I hold myself as a student of history and I did not know these people still referred to themselves as Chaldeans!
edit on 13-6-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I also should add that this a very salient observation for Christians in the Middle East.

From the link:

They have gone to Syria, to Lebanon, Turkey and Jordan, but all of these are "waiting countries." People tend not to stay there. Forty-four percent of Iraqi asylum seekers are Christian. They are going to any place that will speed the process of immigration. Other families seek final settlement in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the U.S. Those who are not able, who are too poor or do not have the means to travel, often move inside the country to places such as Erbil and northern Iraq.

Just last week I watched an Arab Christian being beheaded by extremist Muslims.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Hmmm, I thought true Christianity was caring for orphans and widows in their time of need and loving one's neighbor as themselves. Silly Bible, someone should remove those verses with the next revision. We live in a country with freedom of religion, what should we do preach the gospel until someone punches us in the face?

You know exactly that's not what that mean. What the OP was trying to say is that Christians, until the end will be a persecuted group, which you know!

EDIT: I'm a bit embarrased, I hold myself as a student of history and I did not know these people still referred to themselves as Chaldeans!
edit on 13-6-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

I took offense to the thread title. It makes the claim that "true" Christianity is persecuted Christianity. And if you've taken philosophy you know that for a truth claim to be true it must be able to withstand inversion. Or the inversion principle. That would mean that non-persecuted Christianity is NOT "true" Christianity if the truth claim in the title were in fact correct.

It's not correct, it cannot withstand inversion.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

It's not a game. It's not spamming. It's pointing out something to you that you are ignoring. Christians are not to engage in pointless debate, especially with someone like you who goes on the offensive and invents a strawman to attack which is what you have done with the archbishop. Your arrogance is staggering.

Brilliant. In order to show that it's unChristlike to attack you attack. You win??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join