It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman's wife arrested for perjury

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

George Zimmerman's wife arrested for perjury

cfnews13.com

George Zimmerman’s wife, Shellie, was booked into the John E. Polk Correctional Facility Tuesday on one count of perjury.

Deputies arrested Shellie Zimmerman, 25, where she was living around 3:30 p.m.

Earlier this month, prosecutors accused Shellie of lying to the court during a bond hearing for her husband in April. Shellie testified by phone about how much money they had, which turned out to be much more than originally claimed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I know this is a heated topic on ATS and I'm not trying to fuel the fire, but I hope her dishonesty isn't a reflection of George's truth telling skills.

On the grand scheme of things this doesn't change what happened that night (which no one really knows what happened) when Martin was killed that but in my opinion liars shouldn't be trusted.

Personally, I don't trust either of them and I wonder how many other people have been willing to lie for Zimmerman.

Perhaps this will somehow shed light on their character and may be relevant when and if this case ever goes to trial.

I linked the closed thread on this topic that discussed many concerns about this event, including the people who have lied for Zimmerman.

cfnews13.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wish Eric Holder would get arrested for his perjury...It's all in who you know.

Even if Eric Holder gets arrested Obama is going to let him off with a pardon...

Justice isn't always fair. ugh!

I could careless about Mrs. Zimmerman getting arrested. You break the law prepare to suffer the consequences unless you know those that can pardon you....

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Yea, I am about sick of this whole case and the way its been politicized by Obama (the great uniter) and Holder.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Its so weird that the system is using this donated money thing as an excuse to harass these people.

If the money is aside for a defense fund and all donations is it really their money?

Why does the system seem far more obsessed with cashing in than actually seeking justice?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Its so weird that the system is using this donated money thing as an excuse to harass these people.

If the money is aside for a defense fund and all donations is it really their money?

Why does the system seem far more obsessed with cashing in than actually seeking justice?

Because donations to them for the their defense fund is their money, in the eyes of the law at least.

The system is always about cashing in, sad to say. Look at your local roadways, how often are their set aside days for "speed enforcement" with multiple pig cars out on the same roadway? That's a fill the coffers day.

As far as justice, in America justice now is all about $$$$ first and then connections second.

Derek

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The donated money was their money, it's taxable; the law doesn't care how sympathetic people are to your plight. You might not agree with how the judicial system works but Mrs. Zimmerman impeded justice by lying.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

It's not an excuse.. They were required to disclose their financials and Zimmerman admittedly misled the court. Don't let your thoughts on the other details of the case interfere with reason - They committed perjury plain and simple. It's only right that they face justice as any of us would.

Donations after a certain dollar amount are to be considered income. This is an individual person, not a non profit or charitable organization. They should have disclosed their finances without any subversion. I recall reading there are recorded phone conversations where Zimmerman is instructing his wife to hide money. Both lied to the court and should face the music.

Zimmerman is also accused of hiding a second passport from the court, with help from his wife. This shows a potential for the suspect to flee - it's only right he await his court date in jail. The same goes for Mrs Zimmerman.

per·ju·ry/ˈpərjərē/ Noun:

The offense of willfully telling an untruth in a court after having taken an oath or affirmation.

On Friday Judge Lester revoked Zimmerman's bond, posted in April while he was awaiting trial, after prosecutors said he had withheld one of two valid passports and his wife did not tell the court about money donated for his legal defense.

Sources:

www.kulturekritic.com...

newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.com...

edit on 12-6-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If she lied she lied, stop trying to give excuses because you stand up for a guy was trying to be batman and failed horribly.
edit on 12-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The Zimmerman's brought this all on themselves when Geroge decided to take the law into his own hands and shoot three people and kill one of them over such a trivial thing as loud music. Him and Shellie should have just gone and bought a quart of tequila, checked into a motel 6 and party themselves; instead of that stupid, macho, gunslinger act.

edit on 12-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

The Zimmerman's brought this all on themselves when Geroge decided to take the law into his own hands and shoot three people and kill one of them over such a trivial thing as loud music. Him and Shellie should have just gone and bought a quart of tequila, checked into a motel 6 and party themselves; instead of that stupid, macho, gunslinger act.

edit on 12-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

That wasn't George Zimmerman. That was another guy who raped the Stand your Ground Defense.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I know this is a heated topic on ATS and I'm not trying to fuel the fire, but I hope her dishonesty isn't a reflection of George's truth telling skills.

On the grand scheme of things this doesn't change what happened that night (which no one really knows what happened) when Martin was killed that but in my opinion liars shouldn't be trusted.

I believe Zimmerman should serve time, I believe that he needs to take alot of responsibility for what happened that night, I don't believe that he has proven his innocence in all this (legally he is innocent, but so was and is OJ simpson). That being said, putting aside he second passport, I don't think Zimmerman or his wife should be charged for using donated money. if there are folks who wish to donate money to Zimmerman's legal fund, it should be his to use as he pleases. So long as he appears in court for that incident to be heard then this is fine for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

This DA really has a hard on for this family. Almost makes me want to donate to his legal fund myself.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I believe Zimmerman should serve time, I believe that he needs to take alot of responsibility for what happened that night, I don't believe that he has proven his innocence in all this (legally he is innocent, but so was and is OJ simpson). That being said, putting aside he second passport, I don't think Zimmerman or his wife should be charged for using donated money. if there are folks who wish to donate money to Zimmerman's legal fund, it should be his to use as he pleases. So long as he appears in court for that incident to be heard then this is fine for me.

Maybe you didn't read the replies.. she was not jailed for using the donated money, but because she flat out lied under oath in court about it. . she took out 75K in donated 4 days before and then said they had no money.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Even with all the evidence ive seen, not to mention what we havent seen. If Florida law is followed, he should be acquitted.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I WOULD LOVE too see Johnie Cockeran defend Zimmerman.

think the media would like it?

or that Spence guy in the Buckskins lol,,
or both!

ahhh the good old days,, but guess there too rich now,,,
that there country needs them,,were are those guys???

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Cochran died in 2005, brain tumor.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Lying under oath is breaking the law.
But what we are really seeing is the D.A. going after anthing and everything to discredit and punish George Zimmerman and his family and that will include taking every penny of donation money. Why because the D.A. knows the 2nd degree murder case is going to fail.
Wether the Zimmermans lied about the money really has no bearing on the case.
Who gets all the money is the point.
The donations were ment for bail and defense.
Zimmermans lawyer is working ProBono, that means for free.
So the court will reset the bail amount,the court GETS the bail money
Zimmerman lied , his lawyer works for free and the court gets more money, Zimmerman is back in jail, everybodys happy.
edit on 12-6-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

im sorry too hear that,my appoligies,, he did have a winning way about him ..
i sorry. i meant no disrespect.
maybe he's watching,,

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
Lying under oath is breaking the law.
But what we are really seeing is the D.A. going after anthing and everything to discredit and punish George Zimmerman and his family and that will include taking every penny of donation money. Why because the D.A. knows the 2nd degree murder case is going to fail.
Wether the Zimmermans lied about the money really has no bearing on the case.
Who gets all the money is the point.
The donations were ment for bail and defense.
Zimmermans lawyer is working ProBono, that means for free.
So the court will reset the bail amount,the court GETS the bail money
Zimmerman lied , his lawyer works for free and the court gets more money, Zimmerman is back in jail, everybodys happy.

of course anyone who has never been poor,,would not understand this as a threat,,, but the POOR DO!
u can take that too the bank,,
your honor,

is the court not breaking speady trial,, due process and, proceeding in a threatning manner by ,,threatning poverty?
your honor.
edit on 12-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join