It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America IS better than the UK

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Silly thread but i will have a go at this anyway...........

Both countries have their good and bad points. However, the UK wins as we have far better chocolate and sweets over here, the beer is far superior (sorry American friends but it is true) and.........TEA.

Actually, come to think of it, i am throwing cricket into the ring too - any sport that involves a break for tea, sandwiches and cakes is clearly a cut above the rest........

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
Never seen Brits & Yanks arguing on here ever

If you have then its just friendly banter and nothing more, if its harsh words and pure hate being thrown about... then the chances are you just bumped into one of our British "extremism" Muslim, who also hates the UK just as much as he/she does the US, we have a small minority of those here in the UK and they do have internet access, so be wary of them, Brits love the Yanks and consider them very close friends, all our Prime Ministers & Presidents have had homosexual relations... probably

Much love

PS Keep the thread on 0 Flags guys doing a great job

edit on 12-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

Yes but you Brits absolutely hate us Aussies.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

What a load of rubbish! Brits love Aussies........and Kiwis.......and Canadians............and Yanks.

Also love taking the piss out of you but that's another story!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

What a load of rubbish! Brits love Aussies........and Kiwis.......and Canadians............and Yanks.

Also love taking the piss out of you but that's another story!

Yes I know the Brits love Kiwis, Canucks, and Yanks. But we all know you despise the Aussies, you wanted to see us all exterminated in WW2 and you almost got your wish.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Stop talking nonsense CK, we Brits love you Aussies - you also have the ability to laugh at both yourselves and others and see humour in any given situation - well most of you do.

And you love sport.....and drinking - shame we are better at both, (well maybe not rugby but definately drinking, cricket and football).

And when all's said and done, despite what you think we have a deep respect for your loyalty and resolve.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
There's making an educated argument and being a whining moron. This comes under the second heading.

America is guaranteed to recover from a recession faster than the UK, it has more money and its economy isn't tied up in the EU like the British economy is. Britain's FoS laws are to protect people from personal attacks in public, not to censor the media. And the WWII argument? Yeah, you're right, we wouldn't have won without the USA, but don't forget that the US only intervened to save themselves.

I personally am from the UK, and I don't hate America. I hate alot of American's attitudes, but I don't stereotype.
However, I would like to point out that a few years ago in a big international poll, the UK was voted 'best country' and the USA got 'most arrogant'.

I only joined ATS to post this. That's how ridiculous this all is.
(and apologies if there's any bad grammar, autocorrect sucks)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
So appropriate your avatar is of Hitler.

If USA is so great how come you let your leaders crumble the twin towers and get away with it.....last time I checked big ben was still standing.

UK 1
US 0

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
Never seen Brits & Yanks arguing on here ever

If you have then its just friendly banter and nothing more, if its harsh words and pure hate being thrown about... then the chances are you just bumped into one of our British "extremism" Muslim, who also hates the UK just as much as he/she does the US, we have a small minority of those here in the UK and they do have internet access, so be wary of them, Brits love the Yanks and consider them very close friends, all our Prime Ministers & Presidents have had homosexual relations... probably

Much love

PS Keep the thread on 0 Flags guys doing a great job

edit on 12-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

Yes but you Brits absolutely hate us Aussies.

Errrrr a big fat NOOOO!

We hate Aussies that much that we all want to live there

I personally LOVE Australia and Australians.. When ever I have been there I have been welcomed and treated with kindness and mucho beer.. Beez Kneez beer to be exact.. Though I never quite got the whole rum and coke in a can thing.. Wtf is that about??... And dont get me started on schooners!.. Pints or nothing!.. But amazing country with amazing people... I would say a Godly country too..

You Aussies are well loved by the mother country... Your statement shocked the hell out of me

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Actually, come to think of it, i am throwing cricket into the ring too - any sport that involves a break for tea, sandwiches and cakes is clearly a cut above the rest........

Thanks for the laugh mate.. I needed it!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Awwww i see he's whingeing AGAIN
He whinges SO MUCH he made a whole thread

on it

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well, doesn't the UK have the National Health Service, No college shootings, no patriot act...

Didn't we invent all the sports America decided to claim their own?

Didn't we invent the language America decided to change about?

What actually makes America that great?

The Statue of Liberty was made by the French, Metallica has a Danish drummer and a Mexican bassist, half of Hollywood is British and the Hamburger was invented by German immigrants.

Elvis might have invented rock'n'roll but we made it great, and Hip Hop has probably contributed more to the destruction of society then any other factor in current society.

P.S. OP, you sound butt hurt yourself....
edit on 13-6-2012 by nostromo85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sadly you fit into the stereotypical American, always think your bigger and better than everyone else.

I recall a heated debate once between two senior military commanders, one from the US, the other from Russia.
The US commander said, "we have enough nuclear armoury to destroy the world a hundred times over"!" Well replied the Russian, "we have enough to destroy it once".

Nuff said.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
i don't hate america, and don't think any country is better.
but i do hate all this pointless insulting of each other and often defend my country verbaly and sometimes retaliate.
the truth is both our countries kinda suck, for one america has a screw the world it's all about us attitude and some americans like using something like ww2 to state their superior influence and might(with wrong info).
britain for it's frequent bouts of racism followed by the fact we still fund our enemy(argentina).

but i still like my country and you should too, it's home and we all wish our homes were better.
no need to brag about our countries greater points either, like saying we still have our AAA credit rating is silly.

but starting a thread with the title "why america is better than the uk" is just asking for an argument.
i'll watch this thread because i find pointless hate interesting too.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
U beat me to it! I have wanted to do a thread on this very subject for some time. I have also noticed the US are hated by the UK on this site, and more so here in the UK. I have lived on the border of Norfolk and Suffolk counties or the past 3 years and have traveled to every part of this island...(They really hate it when you call it that)

This place is so inefficient.....the Brits love their processes here and because of this, it takes a crazy amount of time to get anything done here. You would think with all the extra time they have had to perfect the processes, that they would be better at life in general.....they aren't.

Furthermore, they aren't funny or original in the slightest. They believe that their dry witty humor is amusing (which it is at first). But in the pub if you pay enough attention more than not (if you are American) you are the butt end of the joke and even though they seem friendly on the surface, it really is not the case.

Also, the food is deplorable! When I run into a UK citizen that has actually been to the US, the first thing the say is how much they love our food.

Finally, in the villages are all set up very haphazardly it is very hard to find anything.....and because there are no true chain stores here, if you want specific items, you will have to find Fred's curtain store in a back alley in which you have to park 3 miles away....but I wont even get started on parking.....ok....(the roads are tiny and they park on them) making the problem worse.

There is a reason why other countries of Europe make it a point when mentioning Europe in anything to specifiy "Not the UK, the UK is not Europe."

Take it from an American that lives here......they are all blowing smoke.....they are jealous.....that's it! They really hate the fact that their women adore us so much.....that is a big part of it....and probably our dental plan as well...

Trust me....you have nothing to worry about, so just ignore them and enjoy your one stop shopping at Wal-mart and the awesome buffet at Ryans or Western Sizzlin.

I will see you all in a year!

edit on 13-6-2012 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm too won't be drawn into any conflict about "who's country is the best" - but just for the sake of any American members out there, from my personal perspective - the UK and the USA both have good and bad points.

I have relatives who live all over the USA, some who have moved there, and some who were born there.

But on a lighter note - the dentistry systems? They're pretty much equal - and if anyone wishes to have that "perfectly white smile", with "perfectly symmetrical teeth"........They're not actually "real teeth" in the sense of the word, they're usually veneers - which means beneath that lovely perfect white smile, lies tiny little spikes that don't look great when the veneers fall off

I found this out when my Niece who lives in Florida sent me photographs of her teeth one time!
edit on 13-6-2012 by Nyree because: Spelling error

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Basically, the best way of summing up America is that it's a good idea that's got out of hand. Timewasters - It's not San Andreas' fault is it?. It's their's for building the town there in the first place. Typical American tactic, blaming some poor bloody Mexican. Rocky Mountains - well of course they are!.

Now I love Aussies, beautiful people, genetically engineered for bar work. New South Wales - as if we needed one. Still if you're going have one have it as far away as possible, and as inhospitable to the Welsh as possible: no valleys, no coal,no English people to complain about. As far as Queen's land - It's all the Queen's land thank you very much.

Great Britain is the most beautiful country in the world without a doubt, you'd cheat on your wife with Great Britain if she offered, though she wouldn't because she's not that sort of country.

Being at the top in the middle of the map means the whole world looks up to us. The thing to remember when you look at the rest of the world is that secretly deep down all of the other countries wish they were Great Britain, they're all jealous basically.

And of course it's worth remembering that Great Britain is current World War Champion of the world: undisputed, thousand year clean sheet all weights, though now we're fighting lighter than we used to, strictly speaking the yanks works for us, which keeps us at heavyweight.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AtcGod

US food is good? Are you having a giraffe? Where to begin?...........Well, for starters, cheese does not come from a spray can!

Whoever thought that up wants shooting. And i have to say, whenever i have seen man vs food, the food usually looks bloody appalling. Even the French have recently acknowledged our food is superb. Only Tokyo has more Michelin stars than London, for example.

I love loads of things about the US but the food is absolute tripe.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I love loads of things about the US but the food is absolute tripe.

You do get a lot of it though. Breakfasts in America are like a heart attack on a plate and the portion sizes they serve in restaurants make British portions look like an Hors d'oeuvre. It's great for a holiday, but not something you'd want every day.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That is true, i have always come back from the States fatter than when i went! All in all though, the food really isn't very good, as a rule. Yes, you get some fantastic restaurants, etc, but overall the standard is poor. In fairness though, things have got better since i first went there.

Have to say the chocolate is appalling too - at least to any European (as we are spoiled over here).

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I am just going to use a very small example here.

Grape Soda, Grape Jelly, Mountain Dew, Boxed Cereal and Cake Mix, your Brits go Nuts for!

I watched a friend of mine take a Brit a trunk full of Frosted Mini Wheats, Grape Soda and Grape Jelly, and the guy literally was almost crying from excitement! He said that his entire family was in my friends debt forever...lol.

Im sure most Americans reading this will be very surprised as these are such common things in grocery stores in the US.

I must say you are bonkers if you think Your food is better.....You cant claim Curry as a national dish buddy...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join