It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow. I finally get it! The Enlightenment.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Animals showed me what unconditional love is, and I find it very difficult to find it's equal in humans.

Humanity being humans combined then no, very difficult, to the point where many if not most would say impossible.

In individual humans I believe its where the unconditional love can be observed.

Observed without the knowledge of being observed is when an observer can discover truth in another.

To find in humans even individual is hard by not impossible.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewadkison

yes duality the final ensnarement

I feel that the survival of our self identity during soul awakening has more to do with the level of merging with spirit and dissolution of ego

also, if one stays within the body, self identity created by dna/culture/experience/memory is not that hard to keep, harder is the line to keep when reintegrating back into society after going through such an experience, almost impossible; this is why most enlightened will retreat into a place where it is easy to come by a meditative state, and where the karma of others pulls less in our interactions, is less taxing

laughing at the sky/reality/self/illusion is one step in the awakening process

yes dont take yourself too seriously, yes try to have fun

but FUN is not the ultimate doctrine, the only thing that could be viewed as a doctrine, or a cosmic law, is love one another

love self, love others, see self in others, see others in self, dissolve the walls of the mind and heart

the inner energy that animates all, permeates all, yes, this is 'fun' and loving in nature, why do you think there is such a vast array of species to experience life in its own way, its explorative, its curious

what is the quickest way to realization ? inquiry of self, service to others: love others, feed others

if one sees self as greater than others, ask, what is this thing that I place above others in importance, that my own existence may become more deserving to the detriment of my brother/sister ? Cast away your delusion of self and seek to serve others with a whole heart... in this way the natural progression to enlightenment can be sought

awakening is within us all, it is the state in which a human has fully blossomed to the realization of what is, and is no longer deluded into the thinking that has trapped his soul for so long in the bondage of attachment and suffering

free is the man who has cultivated his spirituality, who has taken heed to his spiritual starvation, who has cast aside the pangs of the body and has nourished the famished soul

service others not because you seek to gain financial reward, or even spiritual reward, service others because you see no DIFFERENCE between self and others, because the walls of the heart and mind have dropped and you now know the truth of our connectedness, our existence within each other

when one understands "do without effort" then one will know what it is to have service of self in the pure service of others

<< 4  5  6   >>

join