It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning! Free seeds!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
In my country the Dept. of Agriculture has begun giving out free seeds to the farmers. The government has several lab farms set up where local farmers can come and view the array of enormous and amazing produce that can be grown from these wonder seeds. The funny thing is that once they accept the seeds they are given a list of rules that they must obey such as they cannot keep the seeds from crops produced with aforementioned wonder seeds (they are not viable anyway).

Honestly, I already know what is behind this. I have tried to tell others, but there eyes are full of FREE SEEDS! and WONDER VEGGIES! There is just no use warning them about the bondage that they may be unleashing on themselves and their unwitting neighbors and the whole countryside.

What can be done?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Do you have any sources to back this up and can you elaborate on what you 'know' ?Would love to read more into this if it is true...
edit on 12-6-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

link   
For those of you who are not agriculturally inclined I am talking about GMO(genetically modified organism) seeds and all of the attendant issues. They produce crops that do not have viable seed and you have to buy the seeds from the manufacturer each planting. The worst part is that is may be possible for genetic characteristics of GMO crops to spread to neighboring crops.

link   
Would you mind telling us what country? We´re genius at ATS but we still can´t read minds.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Here is a selection of links to give a good generic overview;

www.gmwatch.org...:ugandan-farmers-reject-gm-seed
www.politicolnews.com...
www.i-sis.org.uk...
www.centerforfoodsafety.org...
www.greenpeace.org...
www.scu.edu...
sitemaker.umich.edu...
digitalcommons.law.uga.edu...

The two main issues for us in the immediate future are both related to pollen drift: first is the patent liability and second is the fact that it can potentially ruin a farmer's ability to produce seed even though his crops are not or are not supposed to be GMO.

The result of this?

1. The patent holder can sue the farmer because the pollenators (bees) pollenated his crops with GMO (patented) pollen.
2. Farmers could end up not being able to produce seed and being tied to the patent holder to provide seed even though theynever planted GMO crops.

There is a growing body of caselaw wherein farmers have been sued successfully by the patent holder under cases such as in #1 above. How can a farmer keep the neighbors bees out of his crops? He can't and that is the point. To own the crop producing capability of the world. An agricultural monopoly.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Are you American?

Dangerous waters ahead on this matter. nature should not be played with but the greed of man is a hard thing to undo so pleading with the sheep not to use these seeds will be difficult.

On another note just this week i noticed mcdonalds are giving away cress seeds in their happy meals........ any thoughts on this ?
edit on 12-6-2012 by Zecharia because: add question

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zecharia
Dangerous waters ahead on this matter. nature should not be played with but the greed of man is a hard thing to undo so pleading with the sheep not to use these seeds will be difficult.

On another note just this week i noticed mcdonalds are giving away cress seeds in their happy meals........ any thoughts on this ?

I bet you a happy meal that those cress seeds are GMO. But maybe not.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Ok my self i have no issue with gmo foods, My issue is the fact that the seed is not being used for the right reasons.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

Most end product consumers have no visible interest in the issues. Without getting into the questions of toxicity, which are very real, I ask you to place your self in the shoes of a farmer who never had any dealings with GMO products. His crops become pollenated with GMO pollen by BEES and various other pollenators. That farmer is then sued by the GMO company for infringement.

Or imagine the same farmer finding that after decades of producing his own seed suddenly he no longer can for the same reasons stated above. Imagine that on a continental scale. Imagine it on a global scale.

I forgot to mention that the jury is still out but there is rising suspicion that GMO has played a role in colony collapse.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It's crazy that in the same day I read about farmers not being allowed to use water on their own property (underground water) and are striving to fight against this legislation, here we have them being given free seeds, modified or not.

Patented food is really scary. I mean, if anyone has seen the new show Continuum, how the future is so accepted because it's just how things went, and to go back in time to now and see how free things are, we're headed to that future.

Jesus christ, patented foods, modified to be owned by some faceless name with nothing more than $$$ for eyes.. it's insane. HOW DID WE GET HERE.

I want to go home.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Another cause for alarm, maybe even worthy of a thread on its own, but it fits well under this title of 'Free seeds' is here in the UK the fast food outlet Mcdonalds is giving away free seeds with the childrens happy meals, instead of the normal naff plastic toy.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

Already mentioned above. We are thinking those cress seeds may be GMO. ##snipped## The "Company" has a funny sense of humor you know.
edit on Tue Jun 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: drug reference

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

Really only 9 posts and you missed it

I wonder what could happen if hypothetically these seeds were gmo and kids grew them all over the country on the window sills ????????

edit on 12-6-2012 by Zecharia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zecharia

1 of 2 outcomes, I'd expect.

1, mass law suits where people are being sued at the local grocers for selling copyright fruit (or any scneario as ridiculous as that, but not unlikely at all)

2, mass class action against gmo companies that knowingly did this.

Maybe even both. Either way, it's just so messed up it's not even funny.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If you dont have seeds you dont live . The crop , say the marrow surrounding the seed which you sell or eat , is not the crop . The crop is always the seed .
They are asking farmers , and they are willing , to run a traditional practise , upside down.

There are hardly any real farmers left , but businesses spread across the land driven , or led by a ring through the nose by sales middlemen , lying agronomists , the price of diesel , the state of the currency , and agricultural policy .

McDonalds have it right .. teach the kids you DO reap what you sow . But if you have nothing to sow , failure is round the corner . At the same time , Monsanto is only about as reliable as the corrupt politicians , or the finance cartels , as unstable as the banks .

What if Monsanto failed , where would we be then ? The only answer when it comes to food is protectionism . Without it you're dead . Without seeds we're dead . If anything it encourage us , to grow from underneath this competiton , finding niches if need be . Maybe McSanta would encourage us to do as he as done and grow large by the power of nutrients and nature . Using our God given resources

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

The problem is people dont know how to anymore.

Self sufficient is the future i see for myself and it's easily achievable for everyone regardless of what were told. Why do you think the PTB are pushing all this bulls*** in the first place because we can free ourselfs from their grasp.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

It would be really terrific if you could answer what country you are from. It appears several have asked, but it would seem you're dodging this question, which makes me think your contention isn't true because proof of your allegation would not be found in any periodical "your country" generates.

And that kind of makes you look like a heel. Don't be a heel.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zecharia

true , they tb are a literal dot with a lot of bolster . unfortunately the people in our parts have got a bit lazy and , terribly misinformed .

the shoppers would worry about it if walmart suddenly shut ,

the difference between consume and produce being manifested to them suddenly

you cant eat a computer screen

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
one word, Monsanto, and if we don't fight these guys now we will never be free again on this planet. tell everyone you know how monsanto is ruining farmers and food supplies all in the name of food control. if they are allowed to control the food worldwide, they control the people worldwide.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
The funny thing is that once they accept the seeds they are given a list of rules that they must obey such as they cannot keep the seeds from crops produced with aforementioned wonder seeds (they are not viable anyway).

Sounds like Monsanto GMO Seeds.

Farmers and gardeners should stay away from Monsanto and cronies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join