It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyers For Ron Paul Civil Rights (Voting Rights) Lawsuit FAQ

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude

Originally posted by AckAckAttack34
Respectfully folks, there is really not a lot of good caselaw that supports filing and then prevailing in a lawsuit basically saying "I'm a candidate for public office, I'm running behind and I need the court to intervene and take judicial action to prevent me from losing an election". This move is simply a last ditch attempt for Team Ron Paul to try and free up a few more delegates to the Republican National Convention and that's all. And as far as the lawsuit goes, I would be shocked if any judge would even entertain the thought of interfering with a nomination process of a national presidential candidate by slapping a judicial order on it. The suits will get filed and the judges will either dismiss them outright or rule against them on the merits.

I'm sorry but to me this is a legal non-starter....

In order for a person to hold YOUR view they must ignore all of the fraud perpetrated by the RNC leadership. I realize your type is good at avoiding uncomfortable subjects by covering their ears and saying na na na na na I can't hear you, but in this case you really have to be mentally incapacitated to ignore the abuses or else you are a part of the problem.

This is not about a team winning or losing like some high school basketball game. This is about having an election and having the entire process hijacked by some unscrupulous, cheating, desperate, lying, bullying communists. But you go right ahead and call all RP fans whatever you like and minimize the atrocities to some juvenile basketball game so it makes you feel better about being one of the communists.

I bet you wish you could have 2 votes to make up for the retards that want their government to work for them instead of what we have now. Better start checking the obituaries for fresh meat to add to your voter fraud in the general election, but in Florida that will be tougher since they are ignoring federal rule and removing those voters before the election.

I mean you no disrepect to your views and my view is not based on "ignoring all fraud" or "minimizig atrocites". Rather it's based on the observation that frankly in every election this is some shenanigans (usually by every party to one degree or another) that go on and it is not the job of the courts to declare or modify who wins based on a lawsuit. I know that this will not be a view shared by everyone and I am certain that every attorney involved in this suit has good intentions and proper motivations but if you think our election process is messed up now, wait till you see what happens when judges get involved in 50 different states that issue different rulings that help candidates friendly to that judge and hurt candidates of the other party. The courts have little say in the election process by design.

Also, anytime someone runs to court to as their first line of remedy when others are available, it just looks really fishy. If Ron Paul delegates are being "attacked" or "threatened", file a police report, contact the Justice Department about a civil rights violation. Now I can hear the corus now saying "but police and the Justice Department are corrupt!". Fine, I will not argue with you much about that except to say there is not one police officer or one police chief in the country that would be sympathetic to a Ron Paul supporter being attacked or threatened? And wouldn't Eric Holders greatest fantasy be to get Romney's campaign derailed because it has "fraudulantly" won the nomination? He'd personally run down to Romney headquarters with handcuffs to arrest Romney and his aids if he could to give his President Obama 4 more years in office if he could.

People do get arrested and they do go to jail for voter fraud and here are just two examples;

www.prnewswire.com...

www.nationalreview.com...#

I think there are better ways to address "voter fraud" than to try and get a court to issue a judicial order that without out it, you would lose an election. Our court system isn't set up that way..

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

This is the best way IMO. Whether it wins looses whatever, it should get the old guard election manipulators exposed and possibly charged. And should get judges to scrutinize election officials. The paid oligarchy brown nosers need thrown out of the election process before anyone but the oligarchy can get elected.
edit on 13-6-2012 by yellowsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowsnow
DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

This is the best way IMO. Whether it wins looses whatever, it should get the old guard election manipulators exposed and possibly charged. And should get judges to scrutinize election officials. The paid oligarchy brown nosers need thrown out of the election process before anyone but the oligarchy can get elected.
edit on 13-6-2012 by yellowsnow because: (no reason given)

All I see in your post is, boo hoo Ron Paul didn't win.
If anything they need to change the Party rules so a loser who doesn't get any popular vote cannot manipulate the system to take all the delegates. My bet is on that happening.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

well thats interesting.... the video is removed....
Even from the main website:
www.electionfraudremedy.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by YellowRoseTx51
reply to post by RisenAngel77

well thats interesting.... the video is removed....
Even from the main website:
www.electionfraudremedy.com...

Isn't the video still at the very bottom of the page?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
For those interested, here's a link to a copy of the complaint/document filed:
wilco287.com...

It'll be interesting to see what comes of this...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Guys WAKE UP its OVER Rand Paul is even endorsing Mitt Romney. When the Son endorses the other guy you know its over so WAKE UP move on.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Thank you for providing the link, it is a very interesting read. Team Ron Paul is asking the courts to grant a preliminary injunction that;

1) declaring that all Delegates to the Federal Election also known as the Republican National Convention in August 2012 be unbound from any Candidate and free to vote their conscience on the first and all ballots.

2) For an Order that all Defendants serve on every Delegate within their jurisdiction a hard copy ofthe Federal Court Order not later than a date set by the Court with proof of compliance to be filed with the Court.

3) For a Preliminary Injunction enjoining all Defendants to preserve all ballots cast at their State Conventions / Caucuses including all voting machines, the computer programs for all voting machines, any and all records related to the counting ofthe ballots, and any and all records related to any Rules, Rule changes made within 30 days ofthe Convention / Caucuses, including the day ofthe Convention / Caucus.

4) For a Pennanent Injunction enjoining all Defendants to preserve all ballots cast at their State Conventions / Caucuses including all voting machines, the computer programs for all voting machines, any and all records related to the counting ofthe ballots, and any and all records related to any Rules, Rule changes made within 30 days ofthe Convention / Caucuses, including the day ofthe Convention / Caucus.

5) For any Order the Court deems just to carry out the intent of the Court including, but not limited to, ordering a hand recount of ballots, or where the sanctity ofthe ballots are untrustworthy, ordering a new Convention for the Delegates to re-vote with knowledge that all Delegates shall be unbound and free to vote their conscience at the
Federal Election known as the Republican National Convention in August 2012.

6) and the Ron Paul legal team is not seeking to recover court costs or legal fees for this suit.

In case your curious, here is the definition of a preliminary injunction as defined by wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

A preliminary injunction, in equity, is an injunction entered by a court prior to a final determination of the merits of a legal case, in order to restrain a party from going forward with a course of conduct or compelling a party to continue with a course of conduct until the case has been decided. If the case is decided against the party that has been enjoined, then the injunction will usually be made permanent. If the case is decided in favor of the party that has been enjoined, the injunction will usually be dissolved or dismissed.

In most courts in the United States, the party seeking the preliminary injunction must demonstrate all four things together:
1.That there is a substantial likelihood of success on the merits of the case,
2.That they face a substantial threat of irreparable damage or injury if the injunction is not granted,
3.That the balance of harms weighs in favor of the party seeking the preliminary injunction
4.That the grant of an injunction would serve the public interest.

The "balance of harms" refers to the threatened injury to the party seeking the preliminary injunction as compared to the harm that the other party may suffer from the injunction.

The United States Supreme Court revisited the requirements for obtaining a preliminary injunction in Winter v. NRDC, Inc., 555 U.S. 7 (2008).[1] The Court changed one requirement just slightly:

"A plaintiff seeking a preliminary injunction must establish that he is likely to succeed on the merits, that he is likely to suffer irreparable harm in the absence of preliminary relief, that the balance of equities tips in his favor, and that an injunction is in the public interest."

I'm trying to show here that Ron Paul is asking for more than just the delegates to be "unbound" but also basically the keeping of any voting record ever cast in this primary (regardless of state or municipal boundry and if there was a report of any accusation "fraud" or not) and the court to assume the power to ordering a hand recount of ballots and/or ordering a new Convention for the Delegates (HUGH?!?!).

I just don't see any court going along with this but,.... we'll see....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

well spoken sir. we do not need certain rights obtained when they are already laid out in the constitution.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AckAckAttack34

Looks like it was already posted. Will update the thread as I get updates.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The plot deepens!!

The Ron Paul lawsuit has been assigned to Judge Carter. In case your wondering, Judge Carter heard a case Barnett v. Obama that challenging President Obama's citizenship and fitness to be President. Judge Carter, wrote in his October 29th, 2009 order granting the defendants' (Obama's) Motion to Dismiss with the following statement:

"...That very same Constitution puts limits on the reach of the federal courts. One of those limits is that the Constitution defines processes through which the President can be removed from office. The Constitution does not include a role for the Court in that process. Plaintiffs have encouraged the Court to ignore these mandates of the Constitution; to disregard the limits on its power put in place by the Constitution; and to effectively overthrow a sitting president who was popularly elected by “We the People”–over sixty-nine million of the people. Plaintiffs have attacked the judiciary, including every prior court that has dismissed their claim, as unpatriotic and even treasonous for refusing to grant their requests and for adhering to the terms of the Constitution which set forth its jurisdiction. Respecting the constitutional role and jurisdiction of this Court is not unpatriotic. Quite the contrary, this Court Case 8:09-cv-00082-DOC-AN Document 89 Filed 10/29/2009 considers commitment to that constitutional role to be the ultimate reflection of patriotism. Therefore, for the reasons stated above, Defendants´ Motion to Dismiss is GRANTED. IT IS SO ORDERED. DATED: October 29, 2009

_______________________________ DAVID O. CARTER United States District Judge"

Source: www.freerepublic.com...

I don't think Judge Carter is going to be to active in offering judicial assistance to Team Ron Paul in regards to this lawsuit.....

edit on 13-6-2012 by AckAckAttack34 because: spelling! sorry...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AckAckAttack34

Those records will show the cheating. The program is new, but a good tech could spot it quick. Paper won't lie except for illegal votes in the ballot stuffing, but if they run all the names they can eliminate dead people and illegals. It's time for the BS to end. We will get our voting fixed or we will remove every voting precinct in the country's incumbents. Even if Ron is unsuccessful in derailing the Romney train with the RNC pulling all the strings we will get a much more transparent election process.

When we find the problem this time I hope we fix it!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join