It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyers For Ron Paul Civil Rights (Voting Rights) Lawsuit FAQ

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

This video explains a basic overview of the Civil Rights (Voting Rights/Election Fraud) Lawsuit being filed in Federal Court by Lawyers For Ron Paul on behalf of American voters.

Saw this video posted on facebook, thought I'd post here and read others thoughts on this. If this is true, things are about to get interesting.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is good. I really want these people to explain themselves to a judge. Thank you for posting this.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It is a good gesture, but the oligarchy have been in control of most things for years. The problem is we have too many sell outs ready to brown nose the oligarchy.

I wonder how far the RICO suit will go?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Im surprised this didn't get more attention oO,Where is everyone?

2nd line
edit on 12-6-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As a Brit I say good luck to them and its about time, some one brought this out into the open. It will be interesting to see what happens at the convention. Voting fraud has been rampant this time arround. Especially when its to do with that crazy doctor (sarcasm) who follows the constitution.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

2nd line

I think people are really kind of sad about the whole Ron Paul thing in general. It's hard and depressing for me to go into any Ron Paul threads these days.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Most things are being swept under the rug. It doesn't mean that those of us who were involved in the Caucasus in any form are just giving up, at this point. This was bigger than the election--although the election would have been sweet.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ron Paul has stated he would not have voted for the Civil Rights Act back in the 60's.
So there you have it, the ultimate hypocricy. He can't turn around today and scream for his Civil Rights when he has been against giving them to you his entire professional career.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Ron Paul has stated he would not have voted for the Civil Rights Act back in the 60's.
So there you have it, the ultimate hypocricy. He can't turn around today and scream for his Civil Rights when he has been against giving them to you his entire professional career.

If you listened to first 15 seconds of the video or even look at the screen you'd see that they are a "community of independent grassroots legal activists, comprised of lawyers, paralegals and concerned citizens." No mention of his involvement specifically.

Another post and run by the resident Paul hating verbal contortionist.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
People still care about Ron Paul and the election process in general?

If you do not get out of the two party system then there will be no change. Ever.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Well, let's look at it, instead of claiming things about it: Here.

Title I did not eliminate literacy tests, which were one of the main methods used to exclude Black voters, other racial minorities, and poor Whites in the South, nor did it address economic retaliation, police repression, or physical violence against nonwhite voters. While the Act did require that voting rules and procedures be applied equally to all races, it did not abolish the concept of voter "qualification", that is to say, it accepted the idea that citizens do not have an automatic right to vote but rather might have to meet some standard beyond citizenship.[32][33] It was the Voting Rights Act, enacted one year later in 1965, that directly addressed and eliminated most voting qualifications beyond citizenship.
Sounds like something I'd vote no on because it doesn't go far enough.

Title V Expanded the Civil Rights Commission established by the earlier Civil Rights Act of 1957 with additional powers, rules and procedures.
Wait, more government? Here. Even though I am for equal rights, I'm not so sure I'm for yet another freaking committee taking taxpayer money. I'd probably vote no over this.

I didn't notice if Title VII covered having the right ratio of ethnicity in the workplace. But if it did, I'd vote no right there. It's one thing to make sure that a group is not discriminated against, but it's another to force people to hire inept workers just to meet a ratio.

So, yeah, I would have ultimately voted no on this thing. Not because I don't want minorities to have equal rights, but because of the things it sneaks in that should not bet associated with such a bill.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

see thats the crux, should he run indepedent,,and try too clean up everything,,or clean up his own party first,,and is there time too do both?
i dont think there is,, i personally think that this is America's last kick at the can.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

If you listened to first 15 seconds of the video or even look at the screen you'd see that they are a "community of independent grassroots legal activists, comprised of lawyers, paralegals and concerned citizens." No mention of his involvement specifically.

Another post and run by the resident Paul hating verbal contortionist.

Lawyers for Ron Paul

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Hmmmmm, so a person since making a decision in the 60's, has no room to grow and become a better person in the span of 50 years??? I certainly hope you have changed your views as you grew older and learned from your mistakes! Whoops! Maybe I am wrong! People like you were born perfect and your views NEVER change?????

I think your words pretty much prove why you are here!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

You know, I think that a law should be created making someone who's campaign practice leads to fraud in voting to be charged with treason. If found guilty they would be put to death. Especially if the fraud is enacted by a high government official. Maybe we could have eliminated a couple of past presidents by a law like this.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well, I'm by no means a Paul extremist, but you seem pretty bitter against anything related to Ron Paul. You're really just talking out of your ass. "Ron Paul is a hypocrite!" response is "Yeah but Ron Paul has nothing to do with this movement..." you in turn go "...Well they're all hypocrites!" You sound like somebody very desperate to hate for no apparent reason. As others have pointed out in the thread A. Paul isn't affiliated and B. the reason why he disagreed with the Civil Rights act.
(And while we are on the topic of the Civil Right Act, what kind of country do we live in where we need such an Act to guarantee the rights of citizens that should ALREADY have those rights?)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

2nd line

I think people are really kind of sad about the whole Ron Paul thing in general. It's hard and depressing for me to go into any Ron Paul threads these days.

LOL. Don't be sad...don't you realize what happened? Ron Paul on the GOP ticket was the DISTRACTION. While TPTB were consumed with pushing the Romney Kool-Aid, the Libertarian party made the ballot in all 50 states for the first time since 1996.

...now the Ron Paul campaign "implodes"....and Gary Johnson picks Ron Paul for VP.

Thus...Ron Paul will TRULY give birth to a MOVEMENT in the fact that this will be the first time in modern US history that the two-party cabal has received a significant blow. A Libertarian party which gets even just 10-15% of the vote is enough to establish it for the LONG HAUL.

Just like Ron Paul has always been saying...IT'S A LOT BIGGER THAN JUST ONE GUY!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I say go for it, if Paul supporters feel they have proof and 'evidence' that Ron Paul was cheated out of the elections have at it. Even if there is some evidence of voter manipulation I highly doubt that it will make a difference in the outcome of the elections at the end of the day. Romney won the nomination by more than 4 million votes above that of Ron Paul, throwing a lawsuit and a tantrum ain't ganna change that.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
They are representing all voters and future voters, so your grand kids and great grand kids wont get screwed over by you, because you think this doesn't effect you or you think it will not make any difference.
but your wrong.
The changes made today make a difference in the future.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This might actually be the smartest thing to come out of Ron Paul supporters' mouths all year!!!!

I respect their right to sue the government if they feel they were being treated unfairly, I hope this thread gets a lot of coverage over the next couple of months so I can keep track of the case.

However, the lack of posts on the thread is telling no? The movement is dead, even on ATS. I have also noticed little postings/actual news over at the dailypaul too!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join