It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas UFO June 7th 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm still not sure what to make of this sighting! We were going out to get a bite to eat, and my wife calls me outside to see this bright green light in the sky. The light was probably 3 times as big and bright as Venus looks in the night sky. The single green light turned into a row of lights, there are a couple times that the light would get bright then turn into a row of lights. My wife was looking through the 50x bino's and you can hear her say that it looked like a elongated building. The object was much more impressive through the bino's then they were in the video camera on night shot.

Watch in HD!

To give full disclosure I took some video during the day from the same point to show what is in the background. Through the binoculars the object seemed to be on or near the top of the mesa, and from me to the mesa is 4.44 miles according to google earth.

This very well could have been an elaborate hoax, if it was I am not sure how it would have been done. The initial green light was massively bright and would have taken a huge light source to shine almost 5 miles with such luminosity. I look forward to the feedback.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

So do you think the object/s in question was on top of the mesa or was airborne?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Great catch! After seeing what I whole-heartedly believe was a UFO on my birthday back in March with several people (one, who was a military pilot) said that it couldn't have been anything else.
So, in the spirit of all things unknown and extraterrestrial, I will leave all debunking aside and say this has some possibility to it, for sure! Plus, judging by the voices in the background, it seems genuine IMO

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed....

Being that close to Area 51 and the Groom Lake Facility, I'm kind of surprised you don't see this type of thing a lot.

Did you check with Mufon to see if there was any other sightings in your area and make a report of what you saw?

edit on 11-6-2012 by mikemck1976 because: Grammer

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

To be honest it could go either way, I will mention tho that mesa is not an easily accessible area, there is a gypsum pit up there and is not a public hangout. I have never seen headlights or activity up there before.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

Being that close to Area 51 and the Groom Lake Facility, I'm kind of surprised you don't see this type of thing a lot.

Did you check with Mufon to see if there was any other sightings in your area and make a report of what you saw?

No, I just googled the date to see if there were other reports and didn't see anything. The funny thing is that I almost didn't post this because I know how these types of videos are received.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have always been skeptical of the whole UFO thing, until a couple of weeks ago when I was out shooting long exposure photos of the sky. I was shooting photos of the moon when i looked up and saw 2 red glowing dots moving above me towards the direction of the moon and then they both shot off in opposite directions! The next night I was out shooting again and I saw 6 glowing white orbs fly above my head and then a lone one shoot in from the side and they all scattered in a split second. Totally freaked me out but I am a true believer now without a doubt! I think you have a real video here and I don't see any reason for you to hoax anything! thanks for the vid.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerknight

Thanks, interesting what you see when you look up in the sky every once in a while!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975

Originally posted by mikemck1976

No, I just googled the date to see if there were other reports and didn't see anything. The funny thing is that I almost didn't post this because I know how these types of videos are received.

I just went over to the Mufon site and there were no reports in Nevada in that time frame. If you feel that what you saw was out of the ordinary, go to this link and make a report...

MUFON Sighting Report

The site only works if the people who have what they think is a sighting make a report about what they have seen.

What could it hurt?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Cool, thanks for the link!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

After reviewing the video authors YouTube profile, I am convinced the author truly recorded an unusual event. The original authors profile and posting characteristics simply do not match any of the typical intentional UFO hoaxer's characteristic behaviors.

First, the author opened their YouTube account in 2010 and these are the very first 2 video's the author posted over 2 years; very atypical for a ad revenue driven hoaxer. Second, the author did not attached 100 metadata tags to increase ad revenue; instead everything is very basic. Third, the author posted the video to the "People & Blogs" category; very atypical for hoaxed UFO videos.

I have previously analyzed 1000's of UFO photographs & videos and I have learned how to spot hoaxes. I cannot say for certain what the video author saw but I am 100% certain it is a record of a genuine (non-reflection) experience by the author. I should also add that many others have reported sightings of similar horizontal groups of lights.

Thank you and best regards,
Z

edit on 6/12/2012 by DrZrD because: spelling

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

The video author was our member, the OP of the thread!

S&F, great shot and I really hope you keep us posted on new events in your sky. The fact that you have such a clear view is wonderful!

new topics

top topics

join