It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blocks from Giza pyramid, found to be manmade

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
Once again, I own a chunk off this pyramid. It is sitting before me. It has tons of delicate fossils in it. Sea creatures. These could not be in there if the rock had been ground up and then poured like concrete. It is limestone. Concrete is a form of limestone. But it is limestone that has first been heated then crushed to powder.

It is utterly impossible for this rock to have been man made. Period.

I do not understand why people wonder about how they built the pyramids. That was proven 30 years ago. There is no mystery there. At all. None.

You want a mystery? How did they move those stones at the temple of Baalbek? Those suckers were enormous and they stacked them like bricks. WTF?

You need to watch the video of them making these blocks again. They talk about the fossils and state that the limestone will not need to be crushed into a powder.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
I think its quite funny if true, I once thought that thats how they may have done it (probably everyone has). then I thought maybe the 'professionals' would know better since they never mentioned this theory lol.

I feel like going through the old pyramid threads just to laugh at the arguments, ill wait to make sure this isn't a made up story lol

I assure you that it is in fact, a very serious theory.
And the best part is that it has very solid science and research to back it up.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by tauristercus

I find it interesting, that the least interesting theory is now the most plausible of theories for the creation of the pyramids. Im not saying that this isn't interesting, its just not aliens, giant kites, or whatever else thats been thought up.

Time to re-write some books and documentaries if you ask me. This mystery is solved. (hopfully)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by LUXUS

So basically... they didn't move huge blocks of limestone, they moved crushed up limestone powder and then used molds to reform the blocks? Very clever indeed... but was the limestone powder from nearby?

The video of them making these blocks the statement is made that limestone is loos bound to the surface in areas so I guess all you need to do is scrape it up and put it into baskets.

We know that the Egyptians built the pyramids near the Nile for a reason and cut channels directing water up to the pyramids. If they were making these blocks they would need lots of water. People have always speculated what they were using the water for. They could have also scraped up this loose limestone, dumped it in boats and floated it directly to the pyramid construction site.

edit on 12-6-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
JAW completely dismantles Davidovit's theory in the most recent Joe Rogan Podcast. I can't remember what he said exactly as I was drifting off to sleep as I listened, but it is an essential listen for anyone interested in Egyptology.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Reply to post by LUXUS

I think your on to something there. it seems like the common sense thing to do, to put the lime stone in boats.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Here's a repeat taken from my own earlier thread on pyramid construction using "artificial" limestone blocks:

According to Davidavits, the necessary raw materials for producing artificial limestone was available in abundance in ancient Egypt and that with repeated observation and experimentation with substances found in the environment, individuals of that time period would have been more than capable of producing geopolymeric stone in vast quantites.

Advanced technology plays no part in the production of geopolymers. This is the most basic prerequisite if the theory is to be feasible. An individual of the Stone Age could produce geopolymers if he or she astutely applied the knowledge that comes from intelligent, repeated observation and experimentation with substances found in the environment.

... suitable ingrediants were available in quantites of millions of tons. Mud from the Nile River contains alumina and is well suited for low-temperature mineral synthesis. The natron salt is extraordinarily abundant in the deserts and lakes. Natron reacts with lime and water to produce casustic soda, the main ingreient for alchemically making stone. An abundance of lime would have been available by calcining limestone in simple hearths. In ancient times, the Sinai mines were rich in deposits of turquoise and chrysocolla, needed for the production of synthetic zeolites. The mines also contained the arsenic minerals of olivenite and scorodite, needed to produce rapid hydraulic setting in large concrete blocks.

Source: "The Pyramids - An Enigma Solved" - Davidavits - pp69-70

Because these ingredients were commonly obtainable and in large quantites during this time period, all that would obviously be required to produce blocks of any required size would have been simple tools e.g. a hoe to scrape up fossil-shell limestone, a basket to transport ingredients, a ladder, a square, a plumb line, a level, a builder's trowel, and wooden molds.
Apparently all the above mentioned tools were in use as examples of these were actually found in the Sixth Dynasty pyramid of Pharoah Pepi II.

Ok, to finish ...

I've never been one to subscribe to the common held belief that's pounded into our heads of 1000's of sweating labourers, toiling for decades and hauling millions of train size blocks of limestone hundred of meters above the ground using nothing but muscle power, huge dirt ramps, wooden rollers and rope ... sure it might be possible, but just seems like such a ludicrous and not very cost effective way of building (at that time) the world's biggest/tallest stone structure.

And then along comes someone with the necessary scientific credentials and experience who proposes a much more feasible and realistic alternative ... and especially an alternative that was well within the capabilities of the technology of that time.

How neat is that !

There's lot more that could be said regarding the Davidavits' theory of pyramid construction ... for anyone interested, I highly recommend his book "The Pyramids - An Enigma Solved".

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by yakuzakid
JAW completely dismantles Davidovit's theory in the most recent Joe Rogan Podcast. I can't remember what he said exactly as I was drifting off to sleep as I listened, but it is an essential listen for anyone interested in Egyptology.

Please supply a source link ...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

I know from experience that even a chisel made from modern steels will blunt in no time cutting oak wood so there is no way in hell you could use a copper chisel to shape a granite block. Try it get a modern steel chisel and a block of oak wood!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I was thinking that it is a possibility that they mixed the limestone with hot water instead of cold water. This would soften the limestone chunks faster and also the resulting mix would harden faster.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Awww, interesting nonetheless. I had hoped when we figured out the pyramids, we'd also figure this out;

paranormal.about.com...

Coral Castle in Homestead, Florida, is one of the most amazing structures ever built. In terms of accomplishment, it's been compared to Stonehenge, ancient Greek temples, and even the great pyramids of Egypt. It is amazing - some even say miraculous - because it was quarried, fashioned, transported, and constructed by one man: Edward Leedskalnin, a 5-ft. tall, 100-lb. Latvian immigrant.

•An obelisk he raised weighs 28 tons.
•The wall surrounding Coral Castle stands 8 ft. tall and consists of large blocks each weighing several tons.
•Large stone crescents are perched atop 20-ft.-high walls.
•A 9-ton swinging gate that moves at the touch of a finger guards the eastern wall.
•The largest rock on the property weighs an estimated 35 tons.
•Some stones are twice the weight of the largest blocks in the Great Pyramid at Giza.

edit on 12-6-2012 by TruthHurtsDenialKills because: none

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

I know from experience that even a chisel made from modern steels will blunt in no time cutting oak wood so there is no way in hell you could use a copper chisel to shape a granite block. Try it get a modern steel chisel and a block of oak wood!

When I looked at some huge ancient Egypt Statues a long time ago, the thought I had right away is that they looked melted and then formed. Like something when you made figures as a kid from clay or sand (on the beach) with those plastic models. But yea melting granite.. not easy!?

Just look (ramesses II statue)!:

Kid sand plastic forms (excuse bad english):

Also came across this piece, after I thought about melting granite:
www.ufo.se...

The mysterious melting of granite
t’s been saisd that the word ”pyramid” might came from the Greek word ”pyr” witch means glow. ”Mid” = the middle of, and ”Pyra” = glow oven. The result is that the word ”pyramid” can be translated to ”thing with a glowing oven inside”. According to the same source, the hieroglyph word ”Her-sam-ta-ai”, which we can see in the temple of Dendera, have the same meaning. The text in the books of Moses for example ”he took out dust from melting oven” ( sec. book 9:8) cud in that case pointing at the pyramid of Cheops.Inside the pyramid of Cheops in the king camber according to witnesses there had for many years ago been a granite melting spread out on the floor (see picture)! It covers an area of maybe one squaremeter in front of the box. What was the origin of that? How could anyone melting granite on that time? Today this melted granite is gone from tourists who have picket it up piece for piece under many years!! It is in my opinion extremely hard to understand how this could be done with the authorities just watching! The question is, was the pyramid built to produce something? A thing that supports that feeling is that we can see some examples of injury in the stone of the type that leads us to the conclusion that there had been some activity inside the pyramid for many years. In the big picture - some people even suggest that some stones have changed after the pyramid was finished! My own feeling about this is that it seems that these people in that time, thousand of years ago, in some way had stumbled on some remains of an earlier very technical society and didn’t really know how to used it! And didn’t have the technique to reproduce it.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The Great Pyramid and the Sphinx are much older than the rest of the complex. The water erosion on the Sphinx proves that. I personally believe they were left over from a previous civilization that thrived long before the Egyptian society arose. Was it Aliens? That is doubtful. While i do believe ET's have/are visiting this planet I think to label everything as Alien intervention is a disservice to humanity and our capabilities.

Back on topic. It wouldnt surprise me if all the ancient "myths" about liquid stones are actually true. Its just another bit of knowledge from a previous, unknown civilization that has been lost. Our history on this planet is probably so fantastic that no accredited scientist would ever want to believe it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

If your interested in how granite might be disintegrated I suggest you read up on John Keelys work who did this over 100 years ago using a sonic device he invented. John keely was capable of cutting, disintegrating and levitating granite blocks.

"A few weeks before the panic occurred, twelve "solid men" — millionaires — met by appointment in a certain laboratory in Philadelphia to witness an exhibition of the disintegration of quartz by a new method. They were mining magnates, who had a tremendous interest in getting the gold out of quartz rock quickly and cheaply. The inventor obliged them by simply touching some blocks of quartz with a little machine he held in his hand; and as he touched each block it instantly crumbled into atomic dust, in which the specks of gold it had contained stood out like boulders in a bed of sand. Then the twelve solid men solidly said: "Mr. Keely, if you will in the same manner disintegrate some quartz for us in its natural place, we will each of us give you a cheque for — dollars". So off they all went to the Katskill mountains, and there the twelve solid men pointed out a reef of quartz on the side of a mountain, as solid as themselves; and Mr. Keely took out his little machine and said: " Gentlemen, please take the time". In eighteen minutes there was a tunnel in that quartz mountain eighteen feet long and four and a half feet in diameter. Then Mr. Keely quietly returned to Philadelphia with his cheques in his pocket, and the twelve solid men went from New York to San Francisco to gather in the seemingly "worthless stock " of mines long disused because of the working expense, thus producing the disastrous effect upon the mining world, which we have just seen."
www.scribd.com...
edit on 12-6-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I visualise the process as follows, teams of men would scrape up the loose limestone and put it in baskets. These baskets would then be loaded on boats. The boats would float the limestone right up to the pyramid construction site.

There was a retaining wall built right around the pyramid in antiquity and we know this was a moat filled with water. I propose that this is where the limestone was mixed with water right at the base of the pyrimid!

They would simply float the limestone right up to the wall of this moat and then dump the loose limestone over the wall. They would allow just the right amount of water into the moat for a good mix. Men would be walking in this moat mixing the contents with their feet. At the same time their would be chains of men collecting the mixed mud in baskets and passing it from one to the other right up the pyramid.

These baskets would be emptied into the wooden moulds and packed down by other teams of men at the end of the chain. This process would be very rapid and not the backbreaking process we had initially thought. One man would simply pass the filled basket to the man next to him!

Whilst some people are saying Professor Joseph Davidovits work has been disproven have those same people considered the work of professor Michel Barsoum who says the structure of these blocks IS different from natural cut limestone blocks?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
He is vindicated - good! I read Davidovits' book years ago, and was convinced even without the electron microscopy. Davidovits quotes Herodotus, who mentioned pyramid construction using "...machines made of short planks of wood..." Concrete forms? I think so, and that explains why the blocks fit so closely - one block served as the back or side form for the next block, as it was poured.

edit on 11-6-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

edit on 11-6-2012 by Lazarus Short because: mmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmmmm-good

But wouldn't this greatly extend the time in which they said they built pyramids? Seeing how they had to let the stones cure before using them for building. You don't just pour it and then you can just take the form away.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by LUXUS

This wouldn't be surprising to me.
Just because Hawas says it's so doesn't mean it's true.

Much of Egyption history probably needs to be rewritten.
edit on 11-6-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

ALL history of the entire WORLD needs to be rewritten

This just proves it once again.

Close enough to "aliens built it" for me, at least there's tangible evidence now supporting that the official story is wrong. (no real surprise for the logical thinker though)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Lazarus Short

There are those who assert the casing were cast too ...

Here is an interesting pdf is you have not seen it yet .

www.materials.drexel.edu...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

But wouldn't this greatly extend the time in which they said they built pyramids? Seeing how they had to let the stones cure before using them for building. You don't just pour it and then you can just take the form away.

Incorrect the base of the pyramid is massive! If you formed these blocks in a clockwise direction by the time you get back to the starting point to start the next level those blocks would have fully cured in the hot Egyptian Sun. You would then continue the construction of the next level in the same direction, basically the blocks would be hardening as your building. It could take more then a year to even form the first course of blocks for the base of the pyramid

Obviously as you go up the pyramid the time needed to complete the circuit would be less due to the shape of the pyramid, you might actually have to slow down to allow for hardening of the blocks as you reach the top

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I worked in the concrete industry for over 10 years and I can attest that liquid rock is real and easy to make.

I have often wondered if the stone blocks were made in casts in place, just like we make concrete buildings today.

The Romans used limestone, gypsum and water to make concrete so the materials and technology is nothing new.

I still have questions whether Egyptians did make the pyramids or not. I think the pyramids may have been left there and the Egyptians found them.
edit on 12-6-2012 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join