It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blocks from Giza pyramid, found to be manmade

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

those videos were very interesting i have to say, i'm interested in the drill holes though that is a clear sign of machinery, whether its mechanized or human powered is another question, myself personally i don't know so i can only assume and speculate. a star for yor post.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Once again, I own a chunk off this pyramid. It is sitting before me. It has tons of delicate fossils in it. Sea creatures. These could not be in there if the rock had been ground up and then poured like concrete. It is limestone. Concrete is a form of limestone. But it is limestone that has first been heated then crushed to powder.

It is utterly impossible for this rock to have been man made. Period.

I do not understand why people wonder about how they built the pyramids. That was proven 30 years ago. There is no mystery there. At all. None.

You want a mystery? How did they move those stones at the temple of Baalbek? Those suckers were enormous and they stacked them like bricks. WTF?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
if aliens helped build the pyramids, wouldn't there be at least one hieroglyphic depicting such a monumental and historic event.

of course the aliens could have forbidden them from ever mentioning them.

but technologically speaking, it would be like us helping ants build a hill, what's the point.
edit on 11-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
Once again, I own a chunk off this pyramid. It is sitting before me. It has tons of delicate fossils in it. Sea creatures. These could not be in there if the rock had been ground up and then poured like concrete. It is limestone. Concrete is a form of limestone. But it is limestone that has first been heated then crushed to powder.

It is utterly impossible for this rock to have been man made. Period.

I do not understand why people wonder about how they built the pyramids. That was proven 30 years ago. There is no mystery there. At all. None.

You want a mystery? How did they move those stones at the temple of Baalbek? Those suckers were enormous and they stacked them like bricks. WTF?

Why would you presume (or anyone else for that matter) that the limestone was actually ground up? Perhaps chelation would be used via extract (or chemical process, as we know they were master alchemists, with their lost secrets being the sole purpose of the alchemical arts every since). Once this limestone is "melted" (far less effort that mining/grinding), the fossils would then be dispersed back in as "aggregate" (look up cement terminology) for binding/reinforcement.

Or, perhaps the fossils were added in as aggregate along with chunks of limestone. Perhaps a process was created to filter out these calcium based formations to ensure a stronger bond (free of contaminants like particulate seashell).

Baalbek is a mystery, but the greatest mystery is (to me) what they transported them on. Placing/stacking is not a massive feat if you think about how to use gravity as your primary lifting force (there are ample examples of people moving massive stones by themselves using a simple fulcrum/pivot function). But what kinds of surfaces were these transported on? Stone roadways? How did the stone not buckle under the weight durng transport? Or sink into the softer dirt beneath?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Good thread !
Always great to see Davidovits and his "artificial pyramid blocks" theory get more and more attention. Sometimes the simplest explanation is all that's needed to solve the riddle of how the pyramids were constructed.

Anyway, for those interested, I had covered this topic extensively a while ago in my thread titled:
New research strongly suggests the Giza pyramids were constructed using artificial stone

As far as I'm concerned, artificial limestone blocks solves ALL the enigmatic pyramid questions ... definitely no need for aliens, mysticism or any other ridiculous theory ... Davidovits gives a clear and unambiguous SCIENTIFIC explanation.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

So basically... they didn't move huge blocks of limestone, they moved crushed up limestone powder and then used molds to reform the blocks? Very clever indeed... but was the limestone powder from nearby?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If im not mistaken I think I have seen rectangle cut outs of larger rocks associated with the pyramids.

This does not explain all the other megalithic buildings in the world.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I want to believe....but!!

Havent we always been told that we know where the blocks came from ? Havent we been shown the quarries?

I want PROOF before I give up my belief that they built these from solid stone.

Are we sure this isnt some kind of debunking trick?

And who says what they have told us is 100% truth on how they were built?!
They don't even know how they built them, it's all theories, so how can they say for sure 100% that they didn't make the stones in this manner?

We have no idea what "technologies" the Ancient Egyptians had. Technology doesn't have to mean the same as it does today. IMO they were far more advanced than we give them credit for. We can't even replicate their structures today with the tools and machines we have.

We have no idea but they might.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This report is 5 years old, at this time no evidence has been found for 'concrete', jus good old limestone.

Quarries? Gee ya cannot be bothered to spend 14 seconds to google it.....

for the suspected 900,000 stones used plus those for the other two pyramids, yes they have the correct volume, remember the sphinx is the result of one these quarries but the stone from around it were used in Khufu mortuary temple.

Lets see this same subject has come up what 32 or 34 times in the last 2 years? lol

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
there is still a big problem!!!

What are the Pyramid of Cheops(Khufu) Made Of?

The Outside
The outside of a pyramid was made almost entirely of limestone. The limestone that was built around the interior pyramid and allowed the pyramid to have an incredibly bright shine to it. Some say that the shine of the pyramids was visible all the way to Jerusalem. Unfortunately, most of the limestone was either stolen or destroyed over time, and the majority of most pyramids' facades now consist of the inner shell.

Inner Shell
The inner shell of the Pyramid of Giza is mainly composed of granite. Interior sections of the pyramid are also composed of this material. For instance, the King's Chamber, where the king was buried, is also built from slabs of granite. Many slabs of granite were required to build the pyramid's interior rooms.

...so, it means most of what we see when we look at the grate pyramid is granite... mystery continue

have good day*

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
This report is 5 years old, at this time no evidence has been found for 'concrete', jus good old limestone.

But if the "reconstituted limestone" is visually or texturally indistinguishable from naturally occurring limestone ? Only extensive testing would be able to discern the difference. And of course, virtually ALL leading "egyptologists", without performing any such testing, will swear to the fact that the pyramid blocks simply MUST have been laboriously carved in limestone quarries before transporting to the construction site ... because they're "experts" in their field and naturally know best !

Have you even BOTHERED to read Davidovit's scientific explanation as to how the limestone was crushed at the quarries ... then transported to the site where it was re-constituted (with hardners, etc) back into virtually indistinguishable limestone blocks ?
Have you even BOTHERED to watch any of his video's where he physically MAKES such artificial limestone blocks and shows in detail the steps needed ?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
there is still a big problem!!!

What are the Pyramid of Cheops(Khufu) Made Of?

The Outside
The outside of a pyramid was made almost entirely of limestone. The limestone that was built around the interior pyramid and allowed the pyramid to have an incredibly bright shine to it. Some say that the shine of the pyramids was visible all the way to Jerusalem. Unfortunately, most of the limestone was either stolen or destroyed over time, and the majority of most pyramids' facades now consist of the inner shell.

Not even remotely possible for light to be seen in Jerusalem...a slight problem caused by that curvature of the earth thingy

Inner Shell
The inner shell of the Pyramid of Giza is mainly composed of granite. Interior sections of the pyramid are also composed of this material. For instance, the King's Chamber, where the king was buried, is also built from slabs of granite. Many slabs of granite were required to build the pyramid's interior rooms.

The vast bulk of the pyramids of Giza are limestone, some of it blocks a large minority of it comes from incorporated hills, only the internal workings are granite. Menkaure's has the largest percentage of granite it in and on it.

...so, it means most of what we see when we look at the grate pyramid is granite... mystery continue

have good day*

Sorry very wrong, any basic reference will clear this up for you

edit on 12/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

.. i know its impossible to see pyramids from Jerusalem its just nice story
i use to live i that origin 3 years...
what about the material used, may be U right. cos if U google it every website using a bit different theory from different source... anyway, if they create that time artificial limestone, maybe, no one really knows. there is still problem with granite they use... cos:

In the Cairo museum one can see several examples of simple copper and bronze saws, which Egyptologists claim are like those utilized in the cutting and shaping of the pyramid blocks. These tools present a problem. On the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, copper and bronze have a hardness of 3.5 to 4, while limestone has a hardness of 4 to 5 and granite of 5 to 6.

The known tools would only barely cut through limestone and would be useless with granite. No archaeological examples of iron tools are found in early dynastic Egypt, yet even if they were, the best steels today have a hardness of only 5.5 and thus are inefficient for cutting granite.

and none solve the problem of how the 50-ton blocks of the main chamber were lifted and positioned using an area where only four to six workers could stand, when the strength of at least 2000 would be needed.

+ time period of 20 years to build that structure... to much unknown i think

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I figure if this is true, Than all the miles of tunnels under the pyramids, Is where they mined the stone from. They Made their own form of quick-Crete. Makes much more sense.

But sadly, We will never be able to know for sure. To many people in the world and they are all divided On every subject. The majority does not rule anymore. To much deception To ever see the truth. But that doesn't mean Give up your views or ideals, Just know that Truth is lost in a vast web.

Now let me ask a question. Does it really matter how they where built? I think we are way beyond that now. Even beyond asking did aliens help. It doesn't matter.

Current Day "TRUTH", Has no meaning and will have no meaning in the future If we don't even know What that truth is. Does anyone see my point here? Lets deal with the day at hand and look forwards not backwards. Because pyramid building is not something most of us will be needing to do anytime soon. Time to come back down to earth for awhile.

Now i will give you my opinion on how the pyramids where built...... And that's how they where built.
Well, My opinion really doesn't matter.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Now that's the most plausible theory I've heard yet.Moving that mountain of rock couldn't be done in the supposed 20yr.period using today's heavy movers.If constructed on site makes that possible.WoW.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well if they could simply pour new blocks into a mould, then that could at least shave some time off the construction period. This would explain how the great pyramid was built in such a short time scale. Maybe the ancient Egyptions some how used sonics to liquifi the rock and then pour and re harden it in place.
edit on 12-6-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Old news and debunked for 2 reasons -

To grind the rocks to powder, pour, then cure them would take LONGER than quarrying them. Quarry has already proven as the quarries up the nile have half excavated blocks in the wall.

The blocks have been found to have whole shells embedded in them, These would have been ground to dust if they were man made.

I highly suggest everyone watches this - John Anthony West on the Joe Rogan podcast from a few days ago talks for 3 hours about the mysteries of egypt and covers this very subject (skip past the tech glitches at the start) -

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Well if they could simply pour new blocks into a mould, then that could at least shave some time off the construction period. This would explain how the great pyramid was built in such a short time scale. Maybe the ancient Egyptions some how used sonics to liquifi the rock and then pour and re harden it in place.

No ... no sonics or any other kind of weird or exotic (and unknown) technology needed to be used.

The ancient Egyptian pyramid builders used nothing more sophisticated than basic chemistry ... or alchemy as it most likely would have been called in that period. They knew how to crush limestone and they knew how to combine other locally readily available materials with the crushed limestone to initiate a hardening process with the end result being a type of artificial limestone visually indistinguishable from naturally occurring limestone.

And because the "artificial" and "real" limestone are visually and chemically identical, no one (until Davidovit's explained the science behind it) realized that they were looking at "fake" limestone blocks and therefore had to make up all sorts of ridiculous theories to explain how the pyramids were constructed with such massive blocks.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by yakuzakid
Old news and debunked for 2 reasons -

To grind the rocks to powder, pour, then cure them would take LONGER than quarrying them. Quarry has already proven as the quarries up the nile have half excavated blocks in the wall.

Obviously you haven't taken the time to read up on Davidovit's theory and explanations ... otherwise you wouldn't be dismissing it so readily.

The limestone was NOT crushed into a completely fine powder but was broken up into much smaller pieces by dissolving in Nile water. These smaller pieces were suitable for packing into hand baskets and carried to the construction site. See Davidovit's explanation of the "disagglomeration" process.

Curing was extremely rapid (hours to days at most) in the hot sun ... the hardening material used was extremely efficient. See Davidovit's explanation of the chemical basis behind the hardening agents ... how they worked and where they were obtained from.

The blocks have been found to have whole shells embedded in them, These would have been ground to dust if they were man made.

Again, as explained above ... the raw limestone blocks were NOT pulverized into powder but were dissolved in water until they broke apart into much smaller and more easily managed pieces. This would mean that shells would tend to remain intact.

I highly suggest everyone watches this - John Anthony West on the Joe Rogan podcast from a few days ago talks for 3 hours about the mysteries of egypt and covers this very subject (skip past the tech glitches at the start) -

I would instead highly suggest that you do a simple Youtube search for Davidovits and watch as he demonstrates live in front of the camera the entire process of dissolving the raw limestone, adding a naturally occurring hardening agent and then casting an "artificial" limestone block.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I think its quite funny if true, I once thought that thats how they may have done it (probably everyone has). then I thought maybe the 'professionals' would know better since they never mentioned this theory lol.

I feel like going through the old pyramid threads just to laugh at the arguments, ill wait to make sure this isn't a made up story lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join