It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Bear Uses Rock to Shatter Aquarium Wall — While Zoo Visitors Watch (video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Our Rabbit (Buns) will rattle his metal food tray really hard when it is out of food. Or he will undo the wire for the watering tube so it drops to the ground..

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I have seen goldfish come to the surface of the tank and make a commotion when feeding time is late...
It could be humans have over rated themselves....

At least animals stopped short of creating Fucushima

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

When I was a high executive and taken to the Hyatt Hotel for lunch, the Loi Fish would watch us dine. They would literally watch us.

I would speak to them, and everyone laughed at me until one flipped out of the water toward me smiling.

Even fish think..................yes, even fish think.

I told him/her what a beautiful creaute he/she was and hoped they were okay.

He/she came right up to me and flipped up.

You folks, most of you haven't a clue as to the brain functioning of other "creatures" not a clue.
edit on 11-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chericher

Yes, I would bring him a burger or four with extra cheese and fries.

Such a sad face.

My dogs are really good at sad faces, they've got me right where they want me............sad face and I cave in sometimes.....keeping them active with exercise and counted calories but when a wild animal asks me for some hand out, I'm there.

Also like that with humans.

Soft heart
edit on 11-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
makes me sad that we humans have ruined a lot of worlds
maybe not just our own

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

They do remind us when it's dinner time don't they.

If you want, grace us with a pictue of you beautiful bunnies.

And please let them out to roam about her and there about.

You sound like you care about then alot.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

My husband said he watched quite a few sparrows chase off a falcon...............actually grouped together and chased it away from preying upon them????

He was amazed and not given into the fantasy I am of creature intelligence.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Back years ago I seen something I wished I had been able to get on film. I was out of cat food and all that was left in the house was some old loaf bread. I give it to the cats knowing it was of little use. But they showed me. They took the bread and put it out in the yard and just left it there. I was lucky to see what happened next. Some blue-jays started to eat the bread. Out of nowhere cats jumped from bushes and from under the car and one out of the small tree getting one in middle air. These cats has set a trap. After that nothing a cat does surprises me anymore.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
In the bear's defense,
that looked accidental, I think he just dropped his rock.
Poor little fella, he was having fun too.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I feel that zoo animals are sad too. A rat in a cage is always trying to find its way out.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

you empty the pool.

Nope, repaired from the inside, under water with a pressure vessel sealed to the frames of the surrounding windows.
Enormously expensive, but cheaper than rounding up everything in there and relocating them, plus the deaths that would occur,

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
In the bear's defense,

Totally agree with you, the bear looks like he first drops the rock, drops it with a mixture of polar bear swear words, dives back down picks it up but drops it again. Water resistance on the rock makes it tumble around before hitting the window

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I have a dolphin story...............real and magical.

I use to go to Pensacola Beach, Florida every year and really swim out far every morning and evening........was a champion swimmer in high school, not much in speed or diving but endurance, I could swim (or walk) forever.

Anyway, out early one morning and pod of dolphins swam by me, and I heard them chattering as they went by, the lead one way up ahead even jumped!

I sort of think, felt, they each said, "Good morning, have a nice day" as they passed me by.

Other than petting a wild wolf this was the second most magical moment in my life.

Watching them swim was something, they are so fast, so graceful, words cannot do justice to actually being around them, there are no words we have in English that could describe that moment.

And, putting a dolphin in any pool is cruel.............these guys could swim 100 miles easily - even a big pool would drive one mad. They belong free and left alone.

They swam so fast that they were there and then gone..............I shouted, "Safe journey". Wonder if they heard or understood me?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Starred your short but insightful comment.

The first thought that shot into my head was...................is man a rat in a cage and doesn't even know it????

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Tell that to the experts!

Wow, that is smart!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Hey slightly off topic but couldn't skip past your comment about the pod of dolphins you came across. First off I'm highly jealous I would love to swim with dolphins, I too was a good semi pro swimmer here in the UK. But my friend had recently gone to Cuba he had a chance to swim with dolphins but my friend was amazed when this happened..

He was swimming with sunglasses on and a small wave had knocked them off. As they were a cheap pair he wasn't worried about them so carried on swimming to the shore. He was shocked to see a dolphin pop up next to him with the glasses in its mouth, the dolphin had dived down and picked them up swam to my friend.. And if the dolphin could talk I'm sure it would of gone along the lines off ... 'here I believe you dropped these, you can have them back' My friend was speechless

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

I was simply amazed and shocked at how smart they were.

It lasted only for about five minutes as they swam really faster then me.............but it was a magical experience.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker

Originally posted by Thunderheart
In the bear's defense,

Totally agree with you, the bear looks like he first drops the rock, drops it with a mixture of polar bear swear words, dives back down picks it up but drops it again. Water resistance on the rock makes it tumble around before hitting the window

mmm
IMHO
he hit the same spot TWICE
the second time from higher and with more force

in any case its cool to see a bear swimming underwater

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Hmm looking at it again you might be right
I also agree to see the bear underwater is cool. My underwear might of got a bit heavier if I were those guys watching it though lol .. Too much info ?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Dont say any more I already envy yo lolSorry going off topic slightly but do you not have many shark incidents of Florida coasts? I'd be too frightened to swim deep
edit on 14-6-2012 by ThePeaceMaker because: Correcting 4am spelling

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join