It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Bear Uses Rock to Shatter Aquarium Wall — While Zoo Visitors Watch (video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
My heart just skipped a beat. I can't imagine experiencing this first hand. One more hit and the polar bear would be at your feet. Must watch! The zoo says it was just an accident because this bear likes to play with large rocks. Perhaps they need to give him different options to play with.. Rocks, glass and thousands of gallons of water... not a good mix Wow

edit on 11-6-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Polar Bear Uses Rock To Smash Aquarium Window!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
#...ya that would scare me a little

Now how in the hell do they replace something like that?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
ou wouldn't have seen me for dust. That first hit I would have been off like a shot.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
bears are a lot smarter then some people give them credit for
they have to make garbage bins out of welded steel in bear country because bears will otherwise find a way in
guaranteed

to say the bear wasn't up on what it was doing is
well....sanctimonious BS

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
that's amazing, mammals are really smart creatures and using tools to get what they want...reminds me of something similar ....

edit on 11-6-2012 by DukeEligos because: link

edit on 11-6-2012 by DukeEligos because: link

edit on 11-6-2012 by DukeEligos because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by DukeEligos because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by DukeEligos because: aaargghh youtube

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
One more hit and the polar bear would be at your feet.

It's not the bear that would make me exit immediately. Imagine those thousands of gallons of water all crashing in!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Lol its using tools is this the start of some bizzar planet of the bears in my opinion yes no were is safe stock up on bear repelant its coming!!!!!! Jk

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Seems OUR mammalian friend does not wish to remain in capture any longer. IT GAVE IT ANOTHER TRY
and it broke the glass as if it knew it would break it with several tries. Wouldnt be suprised if the animals are being upgraded aswell??
edit on 6/11/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thanks for posting video. I went to the San Diego Zoo last year and they have a similar exhibit like this. I also wondered what if such thing could just slam into it and break it. I believe polar bears are also the biggest carnivores on land as well, so the situation would be disastrous.

Plus, It didnt help that I went on the zip line cart/trolley air tram (about 100 ft in the air) thing that passes from the entrance to the back of the zoo. I kept on praying that if it broke it would fall with the birds or something. Definitely not with the gorillas or the polar bears . Yikes !
edit on 11-6-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I know how I feel about most unconscious humans...

I know what I think about most unconscious people who can stomach going to a zoo...

I know how the bears feel and am sad.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The zoo says it was just an accident because this bear likes to play with large rocks.

BS

Squirrels have the brain pan of a peanut (or smaller) and actually knock three times at my back door when their out of squirrel food and nothing else is around. They're at the point where they chatter to me too.

My dogs tell me when their water bowls are either empty or dirty and remind me it's dinner or walk time.

The birds play tag with our 20 pound Jacairn (mutt) terrier but don't mess with Lucy our Pointer (she's 45 pounds).

I've met and petted a wild wolf who, after talking with him (asked him if he wanted to either eat me or a good tummy rub, he chose the latter).

The Polar Bear was saying I want the %$#@ out of here.............I want freedom, I want to not be an amusement and put on display.

Now in patting zoos on the back, most now have beautiful enclosures (in America) and the animals live twice as long as those in the wild. They are not hunted, poached, preyed upon and hopefully their keepers are kind to them.

But, would you want to be in a cage and have hundreds of people (or aliens) file past you, watching you take a dump, watching you eating, playing, watching you for fun????

Would you?

The bear was saying, I want freedom, I want out of here.

Now the bear below believes in Santa Claus, he has watched McBurgers magically appear on the table and is waiting patiently for his share.

Now I guess some time has passed and he has figured out he's not getting any burgers, and is sad.

Animals also cooperate, work together for a common good. Something "experts" claimed was impossible a few decades ago.

And yes the burglar commerical was staged but I've met all kinds of animals that are smart.

My dogs have me trained very well.
They tell me all the time when they want something, no guessing involved, they're very specific.

I had a horse once I could talk to...............literally he understood my commands because he had soft jaw. He was a ex race horse.

Talk about running, he sailed like the wind - smooth, not bumpy and when we went over a huge log he just gently glided right over it. When he landed I could barely feel it.

He would greet me each morning with a sloppy kiss and neighing.

edit on 11-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I starred you and have not paid or gone to a zoo in a number of decades.

But, I will say one thing in favor of the more modern zoos.

The animals have nice enclosures, good vet care, good diets and live twice --- TWICE -- as long as their wild conter parts.

Still I agree to an extent.

The last time I went to a zoo, if you see an animal pacing back and forth that is a form of Psychosis. All animals, including man, need to be free.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Just want to say, really liked your post alot. I'd give it extra stars if I could. /sad picnic table bear.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Back in college I commuted for a few months until I could find housing near campus. Sitting in my car between classes, I watched as a group of 4 or 5 crows and one large seagull swooped down on a brown paper bag. One picked it up into the air and dropped it. This happened a few times until a plastic container dropped out at which point they proceeded with the same tactic until the lid jarred loose and someones lunch of spaghetti was exposed so they could eat it. The crows wouldn't allow the seagull near it.

I was amazed they had enough knowledge to understand there might be something in the small bag for them to consume. Yes animals of all types have the ability to learn and apparently reason to some extent.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
stupid expression when dont throw stone in glass house for this absolutely polar,, bear, He have reason at missile

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Loved your post above, I honestly think feel and sense that animals and plants are evolving it is only humanity which has gone wrong. I would like to see the guidestones become a reality most of the time but then I look at my children.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

you empty the pool.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Brown Bear Tool Kit: A Rock for Scratching
An observation of a bear using a rock as a scratching tool surprises scientists.

news.discovery.com...

Thus it appeared that not just any rock would do, it had to be covered with barnacles which would do a better job in scratching. It wasn’t just a fluke either. After a while, the bear dropped the rock, moseyed around, and after some time searched for and retrieved another rock. In all the bear repeated the whole exercise three times, retrieving three different rocks, all covered with barnacles, which he used for scratching at his itchy hide. Deecke also noted that the bear manipulated the rock in his paw before scratching, moving it into the optimal position for the best possible scratch, a type of activity previously only seen with humans and other primates.

Deecke suggests that more research ought to be focused on bears because clearly they are capable of far more than has been realized.
phys.org...

once they figure out a latch
look out

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Amazing what animals can learn to do. Down in the Coastal South Carolina, Dolphins learn to strand feed. They have learned to chase their prey up onto the beach for easy picking. I saw this in Hilton Head a number of years ago.

To do this, the dolphins swim in circles near the marsh banks and then switch up the pace and swim up onto the marsh. In doing this, they create a bow wave that sends all the little fish in the area up onto the marsh so that the semi-beached dolphins can gobble up the dumbstruck fish. (The marsh birds take advantage of this as well and swoop down to catch the unsuspecting fish).

After the dolphins have their fill, they slide back into the water and gear up to do it again.

What’s most interesting about strand feeding is that it isn’t something that dolphins are meant to do; it’s something they learned to do. The intelligence of these aquatic mammals has long been something marine biologists have marveled over, and this form of fishing is just another example of how smart dolphins are.

www.edistobeach.com...

I don't doubt that this polar bear had other ideas in his head when he struck this window more than once.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join