It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Banker Running Scared: Gotti Tedeschi Could Turn Whistle-Blower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

www.thedailybeast.com

The 67-year-old Italian was brought in by the pope’s secretary of state, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, in 2009 with a mandate to turn the troubled bank around and help “facilitate transparency” with an eye toward quashing rumors that the bank was a den of iniquity. The Vatican had hoped that through Gotti Tedeschi’s guidance, the tiny city-state could finally earn a coveted spot on the global Financial Action Task Force “white list” of states whose financial practices can be trusted.

In reality, Gotti Tedeschi says he found the bank’s record much worse than he could have
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
the [***snip***] isn't pleasing her pimp!!

But seriously - what do you expect when you give a closed-shop-church run by a bunch of [***snip***] the ful rights of a sovereign nation?

That they are goping to want everyone to know how much money they actually have??

Seriously??

now I don't particularly see the RCC as being any better or any worse than any other obscenely rich clique..although they have this advantage that msot do not....basically like I just see them as filthy rich and wanting to stay that way, with a unique product that helps them along....

www.thedailybeast.com

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW
edit on 11-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is the face we all know too well. It is the face worn by near every major global player on this planet. The questions that need to be asked now as truth and knowledge acts like a light turned on in a kitchen full of so many roaches are simple.

How much longer will humanity deal with this scourge via apathy rather than action?
edit on 10-6-2012 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It almost seems like the Italian government didn't really perform a strenuous investigation of potential Vatican criminal activity, and rather just kind of swept it under the rug. Maybe not, but that is what I got out of it. There was a quote in the article that really sums up a lot of activity done by those in power...In short, those who perform illegal actions to the point that they could not defend themselves without exposing the entire fraud or crime, are going to be targeted by those who are involved in that fraud, because they have to at least try, because the only other option is to go down as well.

I'm sure the Vatican is involved in some scary stuff, which is completely against what they say they stand for. They don't practice what they preach, and I don't know why anyone would look to them for authority. They're a joke in that respect.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

www.thedailybeast.com

The 67-year-old Italian was brought in by the pope’s secretary of state, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, in 2009 with a mandate to turn the troubled bank around and help “facilitate transparency” with an eye toward quashing rumors that the bank was a den of iniquity. The Vatican had hoped that through Gotti Tedeschi’s guidance, the tiny city-state could finally earn a coveted spot on the global Financial Action Task Force “white list” of states whose financial practices can be trusted.

In reality, Gotti Tedeschi says he found the bank’s record much worse than he could have

The Moneychanger's Tables have turned. Jesus enters the temple. Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity
This is the face we all know too well. It is the face worn by near every major global player on this planet. The questions that need to be asked now as truth and knowledge acts like a light turned on in a kitchen full of so many roaches are simple.

How much longer will humanity deal with this scourge via apathy rather than action?
edit on 10-6-2012 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

Jesus commanded Peter to feed the sheep three times. He asked him, "Do you love me?" three times. The next Pope will feed the sheep from shame. How many trillions are they sitting on while Africa is starving. They have it all most likely.

112 Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end.

Time to come out of Egypt.

edit on 11-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Boy oh Boy
2nd line.

How about those "Counterfeit " Treasury Bonds?

Amazing
edit on 11-6-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Add Content/Discussion

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Why does a insider in the Vatican get taken seriously, while an insider of Wall Street gets ignored?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The money changers tables havn't been turned over just yet. With the Vaticans man in charge of the European Central Bank (ECB) they hold the whip hand for not only the future of Europe but of the entire world economy.

What happens in June with the Greek elections and Merkels call for a stronger fiscal union which will require greater surrender of sovreignty to Brussels (read Berlin) will have a huge impact on the world economy.

The ECB has just handed Catholic Spain a massive bank bailout, but allowed Greek Orthodox Greece to wither on the vine.

Cyprus, another Greek Orthodox nation, soon to go cap in hand to the ECB for its own bailout can expect the same treatment

The future of the Vatican is now tied directly to the future of Europe. As Europe organises and strengthens its new fiscal and political union, expect the Vatican to grow in power and influence and to directly confront and oppose any and all Islamic influence throughout Europe.

The crusades never ended and neither did the Holy Roman Empire as both are about to be renewed, with a vengence.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
uh oh, they must have labeled all the transactions and withdrawals they made to cover up everytime a priest ..well you know where i'm going with this.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Now here is a conspiracy we can all sink our teeth into, check this out (came to me as soon as I read the article):

May 8th 2012 - Gunmen shoot boss of Italian Nuclear firm

From the OP article:

A week after his ouster, Gotti Tedeschi was in trouble again. His home in Piacenza and his offices in Milan were searched by Italian police, who say they were combing for evidence that he was an “informed witness” with regard to questionable business dealings of Italy’s state-run defense and aerospace firm Finmeccanica, whose president is his close pal.

Which leads us to this article and the other ATS Thread linked:

Roberto Adinolfi, chief executive of Finmeccanica unit Ansaldo Nucleare, was shot in the leg on May 7 in an attack claimed by an anarchist group.

And of course from the OP article:

There is little doubt that Tedeschi has reason to be worried for his safety. Three decades ago, another of “God’s bankers,” Roberto Calvi, was found hanging from a noose under Blackfriars Bridge in London. His pockets were weighted down with bricks and cash. Calvi was not the head of the IOR like Gotti Tedeschi, but he was closely tied to the Vatican’s secret banking structure as head of Banco Ambrosiano, which went bankrupt at the time amid allegations of money laundering, mafia collusion, and generally questionable banking practices.

Finmeccanica

+

Ansaldo Nucleare

= CEO Shot in leg a couple months ago.

Headquarters raided because of illegal activity suspected.

Good friend (The character in the OP) who says was laundering money for the Vatican now claims life is at risk, while holding a secret file that has dirt on high ranking Vatican officials knowingly involved in Money Laundering.

Depending how this is handled it will be interesting to see how it's played out from the public perspective.
edit on 11-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by triune
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The money changers tables havn't been turned over just yet. With the Vaticans man in charge of the European Central Bank (ECB) they hold the whip hand for not only the future of Europe but of the entire world economy.

What happens in June with the Greek elections and Merkels call for a stronger fiscal union which will require greater surrender of sovreignty to Brussels (read Berlin) will have a huge impact on the world economy.

The ECB has just handed Catholic Spain a massive bank bailout, but allowed Greek Orthodox Greece to wither on the vine.

Cyprus, another Greek Orthodox nation, soon to go cap in hand to the ECB for its own bailout can expect the same treatment

The future of the Vatican is now tied directly to the future of Europe. As Europe organises and strengthens its new fiscal and political union, expect the Vatican to grow in power and influence and to directly confront and oppose any and all Islamic influence throughout Europe.

The crusades never ended and neither did the Holy Roman Empire as both are about to be renewed, with a vengence.

Wow. You are on top of it. Thank you for the post. A house divided cannot stand. Peter learned nothing while with Jesus. When Jesus said to Peter, "Get behind me Satan," he knew 2000 years in advance what would happen. Astounding. The linguistics of this verse says it all. Petros is a movable rock. Peter built the church on the lesser stone. Petra is the foundation and bedrock. Jesus built his church on the foundation that cannot be moved--assistance for the people.

Matthew 16:18
18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (Petros), and upon this rock (Petra) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Faith, Hope and Love. Hope is starting to become clear.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Wow this is extremely interesting stuff with huge implications... I just wonder what, if anything, the authorities can do and how they can act on the information they have obtained.

What they are reportedly worried about is a secret dossier that Gotti Tedeschi told friends he compiled “just in case something happens to me.” Local press reports say the dossier includes 47 different binders with emails from the pope, letters from cardinals, and notes and reports from various meetings tied to Vatican bank business. He had reportedly planned to deliver the dossier directly to Pope Benedict XVI, presumably as a counterargument to his May 24 firing. The cache reportedly contains irrefutable evidence that could substantiate claims that the IOR is involved in money laundering and tax-evasive practices. There were documents that allegedly show financial transactions between the Vatican and a number of surprising characters, including politicians and known middlemen for mafia bosses. If true, it would give Italian authorities a rare opening to investigate the Vatican’s banking practices with names, account numbers, and transaction dates of dealings with financial entities outside the Vatican’s historically secretive jurisdiction.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I can see next weeks headlines now

Gotti Tedeschi found dead [ insert method here ] police say he took his own life . Case closed

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pillock

After all the publicity ain't no-one going to blithely ignore any such killing - if such a thing happened it might literally be the end of the Vatican I reckon - if not the RCC - can you imagine the uproar if Italian police "reveal" lack of co-operation from the Vatican, officials refuse to be interviewed ,etc - I think there would be calls for Italy to repudiate the Lateran treaty!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
It almost seems like the Italian government didn't really perform a strenuous investigation of potential Vatican criminal activity, and rather just kind of swept it under the rug. Maybe not, but that is what I got out of it. There was a quote in the article that really sums up a lot of activity done by those in power...In short, those who perform illegal actions to the point that they could not defend themselves without exposing the entire fraud or crime, are going to be targeted by those who are involved in that fraud, because they have to at least try, because the only other option is to go down as well.

I'm sure the Vatican is involved in some scary stuff, which is completely against what they say they stand for. They don't practice what they preach, and I don't know why anyone would look to them for authority. They're a joke in that respect.

Seen as Italy have one of the most corrupt governments in the world, I think you have presumed correctly here.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join