It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the shills and debunk fanatics....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So I've been doing some introspection over the tools used to debunk certain pieces of material by certain members here, and this is my conclusion.

Mayans - Mayans could not be spiritually or intellectually advanced people because they had human sacrifices, killed people etc..

Response - These are the same people who proudly boast about how we can ascertain these things now, because we are such perfect and enlightened beings that we know everything...Yet, we as humans now are greedy, deceptive, heartless, and selfish human beings. " We could feed a starving world with what we throw away." - Nickleback, When We Stand Together. This doesn't even scratch the surface, who the hell are You, I, or anyone to debunk the Mayans in this way. Even though we are just as cruel and misled as them, you say they can not be what you are. GTFO.

Aliens - Many people who have talked about a silent, covert takeover by extra terrestrial beings via New World Order, Illumimati, etc. "If advanced extra terrestrials were going to take over they'd just do it and not pussy-foot around..."

Response - During the Cold War, did you ever see Soviet Spies jumping up and down in New York City, threatening to blow us up if we didn't submit to them? No, they infiltrated us, a structure, from the Inside, not by external force. All Spies infiltrate from within, not through external force, why do you people think they have cover IDs? Advanced malevolent E.T.'s would know this don't you think? If they can build a spaceship that travels several thousand time the speed of light, how would they not know this?

2nd Sun - "It's a lens flare!"

Response - Now yes, I agree that a lens flare is legitste thing that happens. However, you cannot get a lens flare on your freaking eyeballs to even see this second sun in the first place to go, "Oooh, let me take a picture/video of this." They have to have seen the object with their own eyes in te first place to even decide to take a photograph...
edit on 10-6-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm confused. You took two different subjects and two claims associated with them, as though they are the only arguments being made on the subject.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

2nd Sun - "It's a lens flare!"

Response - Now yes, I agree that a lens flare is legitste thing that happens. However, you cannot get a lens flare on your freaking eyeballs to even see this second sun in the first place to go, "Oooh, let me take a picture/video of this." They have to have seen the object with their own eyes in te first place to even decide to take a photograph...

*Looks out window*

One sun, seen with my own eyes....

Debunked.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Funny, as I remember saying lens flares are legit but that doesn't mean that every single case of "A Second Sun" is due to a lens flare. Your sarcasm amuses me though, because how do you debunk the people who saw the second object before photographing it? I guess try hallucinated it or it was an "eye shimmer" or something equally stupid that falls into the "swamp gas" category...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

youtu.be... you will see it play it from 2mins 32.sec in. the gov has been briefed

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Your logic is flawed.

If only for using Nickelback as something other than ridicule.

Man do they suck!

Anyway...the Mayans have a completely different calender to us, we add a day every four years to compensate for the 365 and ~¼ days in a year.

Whatever date the Mayans had for Nubiru or whatever has long passed.

Also, why didn't they predict their own demise??

Aliens...well your argument is as flawed as the one you're arguing against.

How do YOU know they would be like cold war Ruskies? It's just speculation.

Lens flare...So these people see an object near the sun and take a photo of it and it turns into lens flare...?

Your argument is flawed because if there was an object there, it would still be there in the photo along with the lens flare.

edit on 10/6/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
Mayans - Mayans could not be spiritually or intellectually advanced people because they had human sacrifices, killed people etc..

I think you've got a straw man argument going here. How prevalent is the attitude that the Mayans were not intellectually advanced? Can you post some posts in that category? Where's your evidence that people believe this? Everything I've ever heard or read about the Mayans was that they had a very sophisticated astronomy going, very very accurate.

But they were not a particularly widespread civilization, such as the Romans or the Incas, and to claim their calendar says the world is going to end is just silly. It's not about the Mayans, really. It's about the modern interpretation of what their calendar means.

Aliens - Many people who have talked about a silent, covert takeover by extra terrestrial beings via New World Order, Illumimati, etc. "If advanced extra terrestrials were going to take over they'd just do it and not pussy-foot around..."

Your response mentions Soviet spies who infiltrated us. True enough. They grabbed some secrets. But did they "take over." Of course not. So why is that your answer? Do you think "they" have taken over and no one knows it? Doesn't it beg the question? Who said "aliens" want to take over the world? Whether or not "they" are here is one question. Whether they want to "take over" is quite another.

And what's this about a "starship breaking the speed of light."? Really? That question is far from settled. But let's accept it for the moment. So you're the alien Capt. Kirk and you got in your starship and traveled zillions of miles to find a planet with, say 7 billion souls on it, 24,000 miles around, and your first thought is, "Hmm, how can we take over this planet?" How does anyone know they would even want to?

I think you attempt at introspection has provided little insight except the chance to call some people "shills and debunk fanatics." Perhaps if you concentrated on a single issue and developed your theme, including examples and evidence, you'd be a little more persuasive. Just a thought....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

There are also atmospheric effects like sun dogs that appear to the eye and have been mistaken for "Nibiru." However, whose to say that the people taking these pictures saw something to begin with. There are plenty of Nibiruphiles out there who will take a picture of the Sun simply because they are told that is how one can see Nibiru. Then when their picture comes out with a lens flare they believe they've captured Nibiru.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The Mayans used a 13 month calendar with 28 days each, based upon the lunar cycles. 13 x 28= 364, or 52 perfect weeks of 7 days each... I guess a coincidence? Lol you attempted to debunk the takeover by saying how do I know they are like USSR spies? How do YOU know they aren't? My opinion on this is based off of logic, because if guns blazing worked for taking over a territory, why even bother with the cover operations of spies? Why not just start dropping the nukes? And you say my logic is flawed..

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
One thing is clear the mayans understanding of of the Universal Principles and Laws are unmatched.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Perhaps if you used an example as such it would lead to further investigation.. Do you think the USSR is the only one who ever had spies, or that spies have never been responsible for covertly taking over a territory. How do you think that freemasonry was said to be infiltrated? By spies... I never once mentioned anything about the Mayan calendar ending in my OP, nor did I mention Nibiru. All the people who have replied have attacked the arguments directly, they are examples and just that of stupid things that people say in attempts to debunk things. I wasn't advocating that I believe in Nibiru, or that Mayans were psychic or etc.. My OP was directed at pulling out stupid arguments, so that more intelligent or thought out ones can be applied..

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Response - During the Cold War, did you ever see Soviet Spies jumping up and down in New York City, threatening to blow us up if we didn't submit to them? No, they infiltrated us, a structure, from the Inside, not by external force. All Spies infiltrate from within, not through external force, why do you people think they have cover IDs? Advanced malevolent E.T.'s would know this don't you think? If they can build a spaceship that travels several thousand time the speed of light, how would they not know this?

If these malevolent ET's were as technologically advanced as you claim, then I doubt that they would need to "infiltrate" us would they?.....if they were here.....we would be toast.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

If it wasn't for the fact I am on my iPhone I would indulge your request to submit the replies I'm outing. However, this isn't as easy as my desktop.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

That's called an analogy....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

That's called an analogy....

No...no it's not.

An analogy is to compare similars......you are comparing the behaviour of Russian agents during the cold war to highly advanced alien beings.....that is not an analogy.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Sigh... I'm comparing the events.... Not the people.... If you want to take over and infiltrate you do it silently and covertly not guns ablazing....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Why would they not want to take over, unless they were benevolent? #, just about every country we invade, we take over and convert them to our law of "dumbocracy". What about the early explorers? Did they not attempt to take over territory they traveled many many miles to get to? What about Alexander? Did he not want to build a great empire?
edit on 10-6-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Sigh... I'm comparing the events.... Not the people.... If you want to take over and infiltrate you do it silently and covertly not guns ablazing....

Sigh......Not if your so advanced that you have the means to travel to another civilized planet......you arrive....you take over.....end off.

The events are not comparable.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Here's an analogy for you.......there's an ants nest at the bottom of my garden, if I decide to take it over, I don't have to infiltrate them and pretend I'm an ant......I simply go down to the bottom of my garden and the ants nest is history.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I didn't try to debunk your alien claim... Because I can't, the same way that you can't prove that aliens are carrying out cold war style shenanigans.

<<   2  3 >>

join