It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret of ageing found: Japanese scientists pave way to everlasting life

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

edit on 10-6-2012 by leosnake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Worst post ever! Fix your video link dude!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

-smh-

edit on 6/10/2012 by draco49 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
uTube)

Anyone up for some poop burgers?

Japanese scientist Mitsuyuki Ikeda from the Okayama Laboratory certainly doesn't believe in human waste.

He thinks that's perfectly good protein you're sending out to sea, and he's found a way to extract it, mix it with steak sauce and create a fecal feast fit for a king.

And despite the downside of having to add soya to bind it all together, Prof Ikeda thinks there's no reason why we shouldn't all tuck into his turd burgers.

Why would he even think of it, you might ask.

Because Tokyo Sewage asked him to. Tokyo is swimming in sewage mud, it seems, and there's only one way it can save itself and that's eat it.

Prof Ikeda found the mud was loaded with protein due to the high bacteria content. Combine it with reaction enhancer and put it in a magical machine called an "exploder" and artificial steak comes out the other end.

According to Digital Trends, it's 63 percent protein, 25 percent carbohydrates, 3 percent lipids and 9 percent minerals.

It's colored red so you don't know it's poo.

"Initial tests have people saying it even tastes like beef," Digital Trends reports.

Prof Ikeda and his colleagues say it's the perfect solution for reducing waste and emissions from flatulent cows.

Which is understandable, because if someone told you that Whopper you just ate was actually made from yesterday's leftover feces, you'd probably be too traumatized to masticate meat ever again.

Of course, there's a hitch - besides the fact it's made from poo and soya. The cost of producing Prof Ikeda's stinky steaks at the moment is about "10 to 20 times" the price of carving it off a cow.

Leave it to the fast food chains to work out the economics. You can't argue the mass production side of the equation is already sorted...

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Wow, all that just to post an off-topic remark about eating sh|t? Learn how to use a computer before "contributing".

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by draco49

Go forth and Multiply should be removed from the bible, it doesn't apply to modern conditions.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
70 million christians went forth and multiplied the INVERSE in world war two
the result was negative 70 million

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

When the population increases too much man usually starts war. Funny that we just haven't figured that if we kept our numbers down we wouldn't need wars.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I see this as tech that could wipe out the human race.

It may be research intent on increasing longevity, but it will be perverted like every other innovation in the history of man.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

From your source:

By casting the protein “into sleep” and slowing the ageing process, scientists also block the body’s entire immune system. So far, a way of stopping the ageing and keeping the immune system working has not been found.

But the researchers say they are hard at work, so who knows? Perhaps one day before too long we might be able to stay young – and healthy at the same time.

It's a cool bit of research as it is - why misrepresent the findings?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by draco49

So your premise is that, once we burn through Earth's resources, we should move on to another planet to continue the process of consumption and depletion. You are incorrect in saying that every species on Earth has become extinct. Humans and every other creature currently on the Earth have not gone extinct. In fact, the only animals that have become extinct are the ones that aren't around anymore. Your arrogance about Humans and the idea that we should work to ensure that, as a species, we carry on forever is absolutely amazing. We haven't even learned how to co-exist on this planet.

Why should'nt we burn through Earth's resources? Earth is one of trillions of planets. We have an entire Universe to expand into. Resources are only scarce because we have not expanded. All species that have existed before us have become extinct. There is no reason we wont also become without using our advanced brains.

Do you hate humanity? Not all of us have not learned to co-exist. Humanity will learn to get along or die out. Another good reason for us to expand so we are not all in one spot that some of us could wipe u all out. You seem to think humanity does not have a right to the rest of the Universe? Why would that be? Earth is special but it is not more special than Humanity. It is a rock formed by star matter with some life sprinkled on it's surface. All that life uses it's resources for survival including humanity.

Ahh, you're a Christian. That explains the arrogance. I always find it amusing when Christians try to integrate science with their fable and fairytale-laden reality. Do you not see the paradox in believing in an anthropomorphized God (who must of have been a man himself since he supposedly created all of us in his image) and the realities of modern science? I don't even know how you begin to reconcile that.

You have not got anything in your reply right yet. I am not religious at all. I have no idea how the universe was created and neither do you.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hmmmmm......
Something does smell fishy to me about this whole scenario

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I kinda think that life-extension science is a bad idea. The planet is already heavily overpopulated, and women keep having babies. On a macro level, we need old people to die off at a faster rate than new babies are created, or women need to stop having so many babies.

I doubt you are the only one thinking like that. Others that come to mind might be the folks that planted the Georgia Guidestones, and they may already have some counter-agenda afoot. I think it is quite possible and likely our GM foods and additives are give to us for that purpose.

If and when such life extension becomes available I doubt we will be the ones that are allowed to have it. I suspect our grand elite world movers and shakers are afraid of us finding such a thing and that we might find it in simple herbals and minerals that could be used like supplements. I feel it is likely we already have some commonly found substances that can fight off modern diseases that have come to plague us in more recent decades. There may even be some backyard panaceas that they just don't want us to have for the very reasons you stated.

edit on 10-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Life happens such that the living envy the dead

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake
Life happens such that the living envy the dead

For some people perhaps, maybe even the majority these days. Others of us have found keys to make life a very pleasurable experience regardless of come-what-may. Anything is attainable if you know what you want.

edit on 10-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The crap burger was fake.
slog.thestranger.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
i was wondering how the rockefeller , kissenger , and all them controllers of the world are still alive !

Exactly! All of them have been around since at least the early 1900s, and basically look the same as they did back then. Then of you have people like Dick Cheney who, rather than just accept the inevitability of death, insist on a heart transplant for an added boost. I am an organ donor, but I have an advanced care directive and verbiage in my will that lists exceptions to my organ donor status. I've basically listed people who I don't want receiving my organs under any circumstances. The list includes anyone involved with the Bilderberg Group, anyone with the last name of "Bush", and Justin Beiber.

haha , that is super cool , that you can do that ,
good for you draco ! way to stick it to them ! hahahahaha

right on brother

peace

LSH

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
interesting article, found the protein that causes us to age, but blocking it turns off our immune system!!!! that is a terrible trade off!!!!! .....I am tempted to say..".no good can come from this ",, but...who knows!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join