It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current average age of ATS community

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
When I started with conspiracy forums the average age was between 30 and 70, with most posters ranging from 45 to 55, alot has changed in the past decade, With 9/11 conspiracy brought in a younger crowd. Seems with the posting it now is ranging between 15 and 35 but I cant be sure so I thought I'd ask. I've seen brilliant teens who put me to shame, and seniors who are convinced they come from another planet so age is somewhat irrelevant in regards to what you think you know, this is purely to gauge the current age of posters and maybe the first conspiracy they came across.

For me I'm mid thirties, Although I was huge into world mysteries as soon as I could read, ei pyramids, aliens, jfk, etc My first conspiracy was definitely the OKC bombing.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kobalt7

Currently 35

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
18, but for some strange reason I can't remember turning 18. Hmmmmm.

link   
reply to post by JBpage76

Thanks what was your first? It took me awhile to decide which one i could consider my first eye opener, I had been exposed to several before OKC but that one i really dived into because i watched everything go down so i can kinda relate to these 911truthers

link   
reply to post by kobalt7

retired civil engineer

911 was supposed to be on a Tuesday morning any where between 8:45 am to 9:30 am (this was eeked out from the noosphere) during the 100 hour Iraq war (Jan. 16–17, 1991)....()

www.historyguy.com/GulfWar.html
A brief description of the war between the United Nations and Iraq 1990-1991. A resource for students, researchers and history buffs

edit on 10-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
30 years old here. Been browsing ATS for about 4 years. Been into all things strange & paranormal since I was old enough to read & have a library card.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

haha I lurked here for years before I even joined and this is my first thread and maybe my 10th post....ever.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
30 here but have been reading ATS since 2008 or so.

I guess you could say that 9/11, Roswell and Kennedy's death are what lead me to read up more on conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is the wrong forum for this sorry mods.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kobalt7
reply to post by JBpage76

Thanks what was your first? It took me awhile to decide which one i could consider my first eye opener, I had been exposed to several before OKC but that one i really dived into because i watched everything go down so i can kinda relate to these 911truthers

57 here.
First conspiracy? Who Killed Kennedy.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
32 here.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Nearly 40, my first conspiracy was the tooth fairy when it missed one. This was quickly followed by Santa, had some friends at school put me on to that.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I asked this same question somewhere in the 90s and JFK dominated the list for the most part but I remember expecting watergate and being a lil shocked.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kobalt7

Back in 1999, I ran across a website that had a list of known rendezvous bases between EBEs and various world militaries. I was a senior in high school. I think that was the first time I actually googled anything beyond Roswell.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kobalt7

I have always been intrigued by conspiracy theories or getting to the truth of a story. Not so much as buying into them, but more for entertainment purposes, sort of a “think outside the box” entertainment.

Throughout my life so far I have been very lucky that my career choices have helped me in that endeavor, but the real eye opener was when assigned to the Air Force One security detail. Seeing some of the behind the scenes stuff that was portrayed completely different in the media than what was really going on. Not UFO kind of stuff, but really just everyday stuff.

One example is one time a few of the security detail members and I were joking about Clinton and Lewinsky (who was out of office before I was assigned to the detail) and what really went on in their presidential living quarters on the plane, bla bla bla … two of the secret service guys had obviously been listening to our joking about, mentioned that there were A LOT of behind the scenes activities. Well as you can imagine that piqued our interests and after some ribbing and prodding one of them told us that Bill and Hillary didn’t ever even sleep in the same room while in the white house, and that both of them had girls in and out…… WHAT??!! That was news to me!! Kind of weird and kind of cool at the same time!!

I can only guess if the story was true or not, but it really got me to thinking about what we think we know… every since I have been witness to all kinds of revelations that debunk what is common place for us to be taught!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

edit on 10-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

First conspiracy was probably reptilians, probably at least 5 years back, randomly came across a youtube video about some president morphing into one or something. Not that i believed it or do at the moment, but i'm actually surprised i looked at with an open mind, nor did i even comprehend the significance of it, if it were true.

I like to think of looking into conspiracy theories as 'accidental activism' - it wasn't my choice, but there is no point searching for the truth if you are going to stop along the way, in the end the only thing that matters is truth.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm currently 22 years of age. First conspiracy was the JFK assassination, which led me to 9/11, and the rest was history.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I am 35 here.
Long time lurker/reader not posted my own OP as yet (still working on it) just the odd reply. hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

are you sure it was google?
I used altavista back then I think but there were dozens at the time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join